Sign in to follow this  
AnaheimRams

Commish is about to destroy one of my leagues.

Just got a call from the commish of one of my re-draft leagues. Ha ha ha... he told me that I should know better than to throw games when teams are fighting for playoff spots. I'm losing to one of the bubble teams right now with Romo, D. Henderson and McGahee on my bench. Internet service was down at the folks... so I didn't bother with my line-up... which I told him, but he ain't listenin'.

What a douche. He said he's gonna adjust my line-up to reflect "common sense". This will knock the guy I'm playing out of the playoffs... and guess which team that helps? That's right... the Commish's!

I told him if he touches my line-up... he better send me my money back.

By the way... I guys he'll be changing out for are FWP, Kitna and Colston.

Can't wait for the sh!t to hit the fan!

Just got a call from the commish of one of my re-draft leagues. Ha ha ha... he told me that I should know better than to throw games when teams are fighting for playoff spots. I'm losing to one of the bubble teams right now with Romo, D. Henderson and McGahee on my bench. Internet service was down at the folks... so I didn't bother with my line-up... which I told him, but he ain't listenin'.

What a douche. He said he's gonna adjust my line-up to reflect "common sense". This will knock the guy I'm playing out of the playoffs... and guess which team that helps? That's right... the Commish's!

I told him if he touches my line-up... he better send me my money back.

By the way... I guys he'll be changing out for are FWP, Kitna and Colston.

Can't wait for the sh!t to hit the fan!

Why in the world didn't you set your lineup before you went to your folks house? I hate teams like you who just decide to leave your team go cause you are too far out.

I'd gladly send you on your way after this season if I was the commish.

I'd definately call BS.

Kitna/Romo wasn't a huge difference coming into the week.

McGahee's hurt, and playing a good run D.

Colston was deactivated about half an hour before game time, so unless the commish does that for everyone who gets deactivated right before gametime, he has no business doing anything this week.

Why in the world didn't you set your lineup before you went to your folks house? I hate teams like you who just decide to leave your team go cause you are too far out.

I'd gladly send you on your way after this season if I was the commish.

Dude... are you f-ing kidding me?

I had the number 1 seed locked up two weeks ago. I'm hardly "too far out".

Are you seriously telling me that I shoulda known to start McGahee and Devery f-ing Henderson on Tuesday!

Get over yourself.

Dude... are you f-ing kidding me?

I had the number 1 seed locked up two weeks ago. I'm hardly "too far out".

Are you seriously telling me that I shoulda known to start McGahee and Devery f-ing Henderson on Tuesday!

Get over yourself.

You said you didn't set a starting lineup, not that you didn't set the best lineup. You should always set a lineup. No the commish should not touch your lineup unless you obviously tanked it like benching LT or something. But why did you not set a lineup this week, using your own words? That's bush league

But why did you not set a lineup this week, using your own words? That's bush league

They have these things called computers now... and there's this wire you hook up to 'em that can get 'em on something called 'the internet'. My league uses one of these 'internet' sites. Ours is set up so that your lineup stays the same every week unless you change it. It's pretty cool. So much easier than calling the commish every Sunday with your line-up.

They have these things called computers now... and there's this wire you hook up to 'em that can get 'em on something called 'the internet'. My league uses one of these 'internet' sites. Ours is set up so that your lineup stays the same every week unless you change it. It's pretty cool. So much easier than calling the commish every Sunday with your line-up.

Wow, and guess you couldn't log on before you left and adjusted your lineup. :rolleyes: And I guarantee if you didn't have the #1 seed locked up you would have made a phone call to your commish.

I am guessing you just wanted this guy to beat you.

You know, throwing a game when you have the #1 seed clinched is the same as throwing a game cause you are in dead last.

Kitna/Romo, Colston/Henderson are arguable for different reasons, but hardly worth the fuss. But no way any reasonable person would have sat Parker for McGahee this week. That's crap.

Wow, and guess you couldn't log on before you left and adjusted your lineup. :rolleyes: And I guarantee if you didn't have the #1 seed locked up you would have made a phone call to your commish.

I am guessing you just wanted this guy to beat you.

You know, throwing a game when you have the #1 seed clinched is the same as throwing a game cause you are in dead last.

Ha ha ha... okay genius.

Here's starting my line-up for this week. Tell me that I "threw" this game.

Kitna

LT

FWP

Colston

D Jax

Driver

Winslow

Elam

Buffalo D

I decided to start Romo on Thursday morning... but I couldn't get online. It wasn't a big enough deal to me to call the commish on friggin' Thanksgiving morning to get the change in... plus... I was late for church.

Ha ha ha... okay genius.

Kitna

LT

FWP

Colston

D Jax

Driver

Winslow

Elam

Buffalo D

I decided to start Romo on Thursday morning... but I couldn't get online. It wasn't a big enough deal to me to call the commish on friggin' Thanksgiving morning to get the change in... plus... I was late for church.

your lineup is freakishly similar to mine.

Vick

LT

FWP

D Jax

Boldin

Devery

Winslow

Kaeding

Chargers D

Ha ha ha... okay genius.

Kitna

LT

FWP

Colston

D Jax

Driver

Winslow

Elam

Buffalo D

You left Colston in. There is no sane person that would leave for Turkey day with Colston in the lineup at best very questionable. So you didn't throw the game, but you sure didn't put your best lineup in. Esp leaving Kitna in vs. a hot Miami defense instead of Romo vs. a pathetic TB game.

I think you didn't outright throw the game, but you were not upset that you didn't win. A clear indication that you were up to no good.

You didn't throw the game, but you didn't try to win. The Colston start makes that quite obvious.

Commish shouldn't change that lineup, but you should should have, unless you didn't really want to win which is quite obvious.

hey murf.....i start lots of guys that are questionable. and sometimes I dont even check last minute to make sure that they have not been ruled out. The preacher at my church would probably frown at someone pulling out a laptop during the last 15 minutes of the service.

As a matter fact, you sound so cool that i want to copy you. Do you sit in front of your computer every weekend, never even getting up to pee, until the very last minute? Do you keep a big empty cola bottle next to your computer or do you just pee in the corner? please tell us how you handle those last few minutes before kickoff.......

We have a rule that is you dont set your lineup then you play the same guys from the week before..

No fun when people like you give up :pointstosky:

hey murf.....i start lots of guys that are questionable. and sometimes I dont even check last minute to make sure that they have not been ruled out. The preacher at my church would probably frown at someone pulling out a laptop during the last 15 minutes of the service.

As a matter fact, you sound so cool that i want to copy you. Do you sit in front of your computer every weekend, never even getting up to pee, until the very last minute? Do you keep a big empty cola bottle next to your computer or do you just pee in the corner? please tell us how you handle those last few minutes before kickoff.......

^^ Now you are just being silly ^^^

Anyway, Rams you are totally within your rights to start whoever you want. As long as you are starting a lineup, I would tell the commish to go pound sand. there is as much luck in FF than skill, who is to say the guys you played wouldn't blow up and have great weeks. you pay your money the same as everybody else in the league, even if you did want to throw a game (which I DONT think you did) that is within your rights. when the colts last year clinched and didnt play thier studs did the rest of the NFL b1tch and complain about it, did Paul Tag's call up the colts and tell him that he has to play manning all game?

Ha ha ha... okay genius.

Kitna

LT

FWP

Colston

D Jax

Driver

Winslow

Elam

Buffalo D

Half the owners in my league would kill for this lineup. The only question is Colston and he was a GTD. Tell your commish to pi$$ off.

^^ Now you are just being silly ^^^

Anyway, Rams you are totally within your rights to start whoever you want. As long as you are starting a lineup, I would tell the commish to go pound sand. there is as much luck in FF than skill, who is to say the guys you played wouldn't blow up and have great weeks. you pay your money the same as everybody else in the league, even if you did want to throw a game (which I DONT think you did) that is within your rights. when the colts last year clinched and didnt play thier studs did the rest of the NFL b1tch and complain about it, did Paul Tag's call up the colts and tell him that he has to play manning all game?

Co-sign

Colston was closer to out than he was questionable. Starting a guy that is questionable but who has practiced is one thing. Starting a questionable guy who didn't pracitce all week is another.

Why do you want to know where I pee?

did Paul Tag's call up the colts and tell him that he has to play manning all game?

Stupid analogy

You're right - he shouldn't have set your lineup for you. He should have kicked you out of the league after the year for abandoning your team.

As long as you played a legal lineup, you're not in the wrong. The Colston start is "iffy", but not everyone camps out for morning inactives, so I'd say your commish is a douche in this case. Influencing your playoff matchup is a luxury you have earned by securing a playoff spot, already. Only a whiny beeyotch would say otherwise.

Commish shouldn't change that lineup, but you should should have, unless you didn't really want to win which is quite obvious.

Yeah... obvious. :pointstosky:

Excuse me for having better things to do on Thanksgiving weekend than get all FF aggro for the ONE weekend every two years when I get to see my brothers. It isn't my responsibility to help other teams back into the playoffs. If you win... you're in. Simple.

Honestly... I'm shocked that you have an issue with this.

Oh... wait... now I get it.

Murf... the Steelers suck and just got embarassed in front of the whole world. Don't take it out on me... go kick your cat or something.

Yeah... obvious. :pointstosky: It isn't my responsibility to help other teams back into the playoffs.

It's not your option to throw games though. Looking at your lineup, you didn't throw that game, however.

You're right - he shouldn't have set your lineup for you. He should have kicked you out of the league after the year for abandoning your team.

:bandana:

Nice reading comprehension.

Public school huh?

Yeah... obvious. :bandana:

Excuse me for having better things to do on Thanksgiving weekend than get all FF aggro for the ONE weekend every two years when I get to see my brothers. It isn't my responsibility to help other teams back into the playoffs. If you win... you're in. Simple.

Honestly... I'm shocked that you have an issue with this.

Oh... wait... now I get it.

Murf... the Steelers suck and just got embarassed in front of the whole world. Don't take it out on me... go kick your cat or something.

Steelers are having a down year, a year after winning a superbowl :bandana:. ...oh I am just so crushed I'll never get over a losing season. :lol:

Steelers are having a down year, a year after winning a superbowl :bandana:. ...oh I am just so crushed I'll never get over a losing season. :bandana:

I don't really care either way about the Steelers... just trying to figure out why your panties are so tightly twisted into a wad.

AR,

Don't worry about the haters.

All,

You guys are acting a BIT absurd here. I had Colston in my starting lineup until this morning because I washoping he would come back. While I was knowing that I could check it Saturday (unlike AR maybe), I definitely wouldn't have complained to anyone if my internet down.

Facct is, saying that his lineup needs to reflect "common sense" is equally absurd. FWP benched for Willis is possible, but I have heard a looooot of groaning from Willis owners who left him on the bench. Romo over Kitna is an udnerstandable one, but hardly one you would change as the commish.

Summary: The haters in this thread are jokers.

This commish is making a poor decision, and I'd get out of this league as he's trying to cheat. The only questionable start was Colston, and some sites were even still saying today that he might play, so that's no biggie.

Colston was closer to out than he was questionable. Starting a guy that is questionable but who has practiced is one thing. Starting a questionable guy who didn't pracitce all week is another.

Why do you want to know where I pee?

Stupid analogy

Colston practiced Thursday. Get the facts right.

Your commish is an idiot. End of story.

This is f-ing brilliant.

The commish changed my lineup about 20 minutes ago... put in Romo for Kitna and Henderson for Colston... left FWP in. I'm now destroying the other guy... but the beautiful irony is... with LT's late performance... I would be winning anyway.

So it was all for no reason... and the commish looks like a major douche.

Phones ringing... guy's are screaming... man... it's beautiful!

murf74 has just made my all-time idiot's list.

Congratulations, a$$tard!

I agree 100% murf74 is an a$$clown

I agree 100% murf74 is an a$$clown

Who are you guys?

I already said the commish shouldn't touch his lineup, I am not in disagreement with anyone on that. My agrguement is that this guy wasn't interested in putting his best lineup in and I don't like when that happens.

This is why I like having a total points award to avoid any questions about not putting your best lineup in.

On another note, I am a commish and I have NEVER touched a starting lineup. This week I have a guy out of the playoff race and he did the same as this poster, didn't touch his lineup. He played Big Ben this week instead of Romo....and left Chester Taylor on his bench. He didn't change his lineup at all this week. I wouldn't think of changing his lineup. I have guys every year playing guys on a bye week.

My point isn't the commish should do anything, it's that this guy who locked up #1 seed didn't put the same lineup in that he would have if it was championship week, no question in my mind.

your lineup is freakishly similar to mine.

Vick

LT

FWP

D Jax

Boldin

Devery

Winslow

Kaeding

Chargers D

Didn't bother quoting his lineup but yours isn't even 50% the same....hmmm. Is it just me?

Asante Samuel schooled me this week....fuc|<ing Grossman.

My point isn't the commish should do anything, it's that this guy who locked up #1 seed didn't put the same lineup in that he would have if it was championship week, no question in my mind.

If that's your point... then there's no argument... but... that's not what you said. You said that I should be kicked out of the league for throwing a game.

Of course I didn't stress over my line-up like it was championship week. You know why? BECAUSE IT ISN'T. Line-ups in this league are locked at the first game... so I couldn't wait for the Colston game-time decision. I took the gamble and left him in... because I didn't really care if he didn't play.

The ONLY questionable non-start was Romo... and it was honestly just not a big deal to me.

If you wanna complain about "guys like me" that don't put in their absolute best line-up every week... then go right ahead.

But... if you're gonna tell me I should get kicked out of the league and, basically... call me a cheater... then you look like a f-ing tool.

I know some people that started Kitna because the Fins give up big numbers to QBs. I'm not sure I would have started Romo or Kitna because I expected the Boys to run alot more than they did.

If that's your point... then there's no argument... but... that's not what you said. You said that I should be kicked out of the league for throwing a game.

Of course I didn't stress over my line-up like it was championship week. You know why? BECAUSE IT ISN'T. Line-ups in this league are locked at the first game... so I couldn't wait for the Colston game-time decision. I took the gamble and left him in... because I didn't really care if he didn't play.

The ONLY questionable non-start was Romo... and it was honestly just not a big deal to me.

If you wanna complain about "guys like me" that don't put in their absolute best line-up every week... then go right ahead.

But... if you're gonna tell me I should get kicked out of the league and, basically... call me a cheater... then you look like a f-ing tool.

I did say the commish shouldn't change your lineup...I think I said it twice.

I agree all your other starts are fine, no problem whatsoever and you don't deserve to be kicked out of the league for one start of an inactive player. My kicking you out of the league opinion was premature based on little info of the circumstances. But telling us you did not set your best lineup, and you didn't care if you played a WR who would be inactive, and you really don't care if you lose....that probably wouldn't make any of your league owners happy for sure.

Your league needs a points title, I assume you are near the top and if you were fighting for a points title, I don't think you play Colston

I did say the commish shouldn't change your lineup...I think I said it twice.

I agree all your other starts are fine, no problem whatsoever and you don't deserve to be kicked out of the league for one start of an inactive player. My kicking you out of the league opinion was premature based on little info of the circumstances. But telling us you did not set your best lineup, and you didn't care if you played a WR who would be inactive, and you really don't care if you lose....that probably wouldn't make any of your league owners happy for sure.

Your league needs a points title, I assume you are near the top and if you were fighting for a points title, I don't think you play Colston

We don't do a running points champion. This league does it for one week only. Highest weekly score in the season wins the points bonus. Commish's logic is that nobody is ever out of it. Just need to catch the lightning in a bottle for one week.

I already got that locked I think. It's not something I think about during the season... since it's mostly just dumb luck.

Also... I see your point... but I couldn't really care less what the other owners think of my line-up. I have no sympathy for bubble teams bitching about not getting help. That's just pathetic.