Sign in to follow this  
SmartassBoiler

McNabb/Bulger Owner Consolation Center

So, if you're a McNabb or Bulger owner like I am in all of my leagues (McNabb in 1, Bulger in the other 2), you're probably worried about matchups. However, I've done some research that might help some of us out. I'm not sure who will be available in your leagues, but some of the guys I like are as follows:

McNabb Owners:

Week 13: Pennington @ GB (Maybe Leinart at STL? Rams aren't that bad versus QBs though)

Week 14: Vince Young @ HOU

Week 15: Garrard @ TEN

Week 16: Leinart @ SF

Bulger Owners:

Week 13: Bulger vs. ARI

Week 14: Vince Young @ HOU (Bulger vs. CHI = bad)

Week 15: Garrard @ TEN (Bulger @ OAK = under the radar bad)

Week 16: Bulger vs. WASH

Now I have no idea who's available in your leagues, what your roster size is, etc, but these are enticing matchups from potential WW QBs in your league that you might be able to take advantage of.

I'm all ears for other suggestions as well. :thumbsup:

I am a depressed Bulger owner as well. I have McNair as well but he hasn't been setting the league on fire either. I actually picked up Vince Young (see my other post) and am considering starting him the rest of the way. Harrington and Pennington are also on waivers but VY has his legs as well as his arm going for him

Bulger owner here. I picked up Trent Green off the WW a couple weeks (right before he came back) ago as possible insurance policy. Week 14 I'm not worried about, it's the last game of our regular season and I'm already a lock. Week 16 I think is a pretty good matchup for Marc, everything I've read points to Washington not being able to turn it around no matter how excited Campell makes them.

Green's week 15 matchup at SD is pretty decent if he can start throwing the ball well, SD is going to line up to stop LJ and it should be pretty high scoring with playoff potential. Then again LJ might get angry that LT is outshining him and have a monster day despite everything. LJ is an angry dude.

Garrard has a decent matchup, but it's @TEN and the way they've been playing lately makes that less than ideal.

I'm hoping to snag Cutler this week. He plays at ARZ, should be a great matchup if he shows he can produce the next 2 weeks.

Young against a good JAX defense, but at home... He is showing why he was the first QB picked. Risky play though.

But my favorite :thumbsup: sleeper canidate for week 15... Jason Cambell. NO has been giving up on average 21.5 fantasy points per game to quaterbacks (61% over the league average) in my league. 2nd best matchup in the NFL just behind TB. He looks like the future according the sportcenter commentators I watched this morning, and if the future happens week 15, look out.

anyone concern bulger takes a hit on those bruised ribs and leaves the game.....hit to take a zero...

That is a BIG concern for me, Arizona defense or not... one of the reasons I am benching Bulger this week. Good point on J Campbell too, I may give him a shot for wk 15 if he's still available.

That is a BIG concern for me, Arizona defense or not... one of the reasons I am benching Bulger this week. Good point on J Campbell too, I may give him a shot for wk 15 if he's still available.

who are you benching him for? i would if i have romo or rivers....but not young or even leinart.

Awesome post, thanks - Bulger owner here. Consolation, indeed; I actually had Romo early on and dropped him because of injury issues; I missed picking him back up literally by minutes. this was almost certainly a season killer.

I picked up Garcia last week; but somehow despite a couple decent games I just can't see starting him no matter what; just seems to have no hope of winning a playoff game for me.

13: I will be playing Bulger vs ARI.

14: I currently have a waiver add to get Young on waivers for the HOU game; hope it happens.

15: I also have a waiver claim in on Harrington; at Buff seems pretty good to me, though I wonder about the weather.

16: Again Harrington at home vs the NYJ looks promising. If Bulger shapes back up by then I will start him, but I am not counting on it.

Any thoughts on Cutler, too risky? I almost feel like cutting my whole bench and loading up on QB prospects.

I plan on rolling the dice with Bulger this week. As for next week verse the Bears........I snatched Alex Smith off the WW for him home matchup verse the Packers. Thoughts???

I plan on rolling the dice with Bulger this week. As for next week verse the Bears........I snatched Alex Smith off the WW for him home matchup verse the Packers. Thoughts???

packers can be thrown on....good pick up....i pick up young against the texans....in his homecoming.

anyone concern bulger takes a hit on those bruised ribs and leaves the game.....hit to take a zero...

It's a concern, but the matchup is great, at home, where Bulger has always played better. Considering he took a shot in the ribs and returned to the game seems to indicate he's fine. Perhaps after that shot he'll start wearing something to protect himself?

In one league I own Bulger I drafted Vick later on, so I'm not worried about that one.

I got sniped on Vince Young in the other, so I still have a week 14 hole in my lineup. I'll have to look around some more.

McNabb owner here. I have the best record in the league so I get last dibs on waiver wire so Young and McNair went before I could get them, I mainly wanted McNair for week 15 however I was able to get Leinart so hopefully he'll be heating up and I'll still be around to play him in week 16. I actually might have to go with Grossman if he's still playing in week 15 at home vs Tampa, atleast at home he hasn't been a turnover machine like on the road. :unsure:

McNabb owner here and I am struggling at QB. I kept telling myself to pick up Romo when I heard the rumors about him taking over for a struggling Bledsoe, but because McNabb was so good, I didn't pull the trigger. Now, I am stuck with Garrard and Alex Smith. I am keeping Seneca Wallace on my roster just in case Hasslebeck's knee gets reinjured, and I also took a major flier today on Matt Schaub in case Vick gets injured or benched (not likely). I put in a WW request for Vince Young but he was taken. At least I clinched my division this past week so I have two weeks to see how things shake out and maybe someone will drop another QB before the playoffs start (not likely).