Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

Am I crazy to think about dropping Bulger?

Bulger has been struggling ever since the Rams lost Orlando Pace. Bulger had no one good enough to protect his blind side. Pace's replacement (whoever the guy is) apparently has not done a good job. Bulger himself has some rib problems (from getting sacked too often, I guess).

I think this week against the Cardinals will show how he will do the rest of the way. If he still can't do much against the lowly Cardinals' D, it may be time to drop him since he'll face top pass D teams in week 14 and 15 (Chicago and at Oakland).. well, you can bench him, but I don't see why I should waste a roster spot (I don't have any other players worth the drop either). I'd rather drop Bulger and pick up another QB like Leinart or Favre (or even Brad Johnson)

What do you think?

I think it would be kind of crazy, cuz who could possibly be left on the waivers, at this stage of the game, in any competitive league?? Gratkowski?? Garcia?? I'd ride it out with Bulger as he and Holt have got to get something going. Their running game has been good.

Well, I have Bulger, and if you have any hope of reaching wk. 16 at all then WAS at StL is not that bad of a matchup, it's pretty good actually. I thought of dropping him after this week too, but who knows if you have a QB poor team facing you in the playoffs you could give them a gift and even if you were to bench him I would not say it is impossible for Holt and company to have a great game. Not worth taking the chance.

If you have decent depth at QB (which teams should)...just bench him then. WHy give others the chance to pick him up.

Bulger has been struggling ever since the Rams lost Orlando Pace. Bulger had no one good enough to protect his blind side. Pace's replacement (whoever the guy is) apparently has not done a good job. Bulger himself has some rib problems (from getting sacked too often, I guess).

I think this week against the Cardinals will show how he will do the rest of the way. If he still can't do much against the lowly Cardinals' D, it may be time to drop him since he'll face top pass D teams in week 14 and 15 (Chicago and at Oakland).. well, you can bench him, but I don't see why I should waste a roster spot (I don't have any other players worth the drop either). I'd rather drop Bulger and pick up another QB like Leinart or Favre (or even Brad Johnson)

What do you think?

I playing against Bulger this weak. That means he should throw about 3 tds (2 of the 3 tds to Holt). Every week some one comes out of their mini slump and kick me in the a$$. Start Bulger and just smile... :doublethumbsup:

I playing against Bulger this weak. That means he should throw about 3 tds (2 of the 3 tds to Holt). Every week some one comes out of their mini slump and kick me in the a$$. Start Bulger and just smile... <_<

Yep. He, Harrison and Crumpler will go off this weekend since I play them in my playoffs :dunno:

Conversely, LT will have his lowest output of the year, in the same way that Ravens D and Heap did earlier this week :mad:

Fock

If you have decent depth at QB (which teams should)...just bench him then. WHy give others the chance to pick him up.

I agree with Casey. Even if there is someone on the waiver wire you are looking to pick up, there has to be someone else on your roster who is more of a scrub than Bulger to drop. If there isn't room fo rBulger to sit on your bench, I want your team... (and I think the team I have is pretty good).