Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

Favorite Quotes

"Everybody has a game plan until I bust em in the mouth".- Mike Tyson

“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” Mike Tyson

"My main objective is to be professional but to kill him." - Mike Tyson

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him [Lennox Lewis]. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children." - Mike Tyson

"You're sweet. I'm going to make sure you kiss me good with those big lips. I'm gonna make you my girlfriend." - Mike Tyson

"He was screaming like my wife." - Mike Tyson

"All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." - Mike Tyson

"I have some pain I'm gonna have for the rest of my life. So every now and then I kick your f**king ass." - Mike Tyson

"I just want to conquer people and their souls." - Mike Tyson

Remember when I posted a thread asking if I should see this movie?

What's this day of rest sh1t? What's this bullshit? I don't fuckin' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the fucks in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have focked you in the ass Saturday. I fock you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

"True education makes for inequality; the inequality of individuality, the inequality of success, the glorious inequality of talent, of genius; for inequality, not mediocrity, individual superiority, not standardization, is the measure of the progress of the world."

-- Felix E. Schelling

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

--Abraham Lincoln

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

--Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."

- Jimi Hendrix

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

--Benjamin Franklin

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. "

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are"

--Dale Carnegie

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them

"Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

- George Santayana

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

--Mark Twain

"It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass all day."

Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

“A person needs a little madness or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

from the Buddha

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead

"May you - Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no-one is watching, screw like it's being filmed, and drink like a true Irishman"

Everyone has a right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege

VEGETARIAN is a tribal word meaning the one unable to hunt or fish

"The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." - Lady Bird Johnson

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

If you come upon a big accident like a plane crash, I think it would be funny to lie down and wait until the paramedics come, and then get up dusting yourself off, and say "Man, what was THAT?"

--Jack Handey