Sign in to follow this  
Montana_god

Tim Rattay

as a niner fan - and seeing what he did on Sunday - he would be a good late pickup!

And next year he might even push Simms for the job, assuming that Simms comes back.

What's the consensous with Tampa Homers??

Simms will not return to TB.

I picked up Ratay for my Dynasty League (behind Green, Grossman, Pennington and Romo).

I am seriously thinking of picking up Rattay for my SB. He is playing against Cleveland and QBs have tore them up for weeks upon weeks with passing.

I have Brady going up against a must win Jacksonville (and Brady has sucked for weeks now) or Young at Buffalo (his last 2 weeks have been bad too).

I am seriously thinking of picking up Rattay for my SB. He is playing against Cleveland and QBs have tore them up for weeks upon weeks with passing.

Interesting... gutsy but interesting

I'm currently looking at Pennington vs. Miami or a hurting McNair vs. Pitt.

Theres nothing better on the WW so this might deserve some looking in to.

I am thinking of starting him over Brady as well. It is either Rattay vs. Cleveland, or Leinart vs. SF.

ill be using rattay in our super bowl. i dont see how he could fare worse than kitna or harrington. damn how did i get stuck with those two on my bench. anyways he looks like gold compared to those two fools, especially since he goes against cleveland.

I'm considering starting Rattay over Palmer this week :shocking:

He's got LT; his team is loaded and I've got nothing to lose....haven't decided yet though

I think Simms will want to test the free agent waters, and the Bucs won't go out of their way to try to retain him.

Jon Gruden's an idiot for allowing the Bucs to be in the QB fix they were in this season. He was arrogant enough to believe that he could turn Bruce Gradkowski into a viable NFL QB, when it's rather clear that he doesn't possess the necessary arm strength to throw the deep outs. Gradkowski couldn't get the ball to the team's most potent weapon (Joey Galloway) consistently, underthrowing him or flat out missing Galloway when he beat opposing DBs.

Jon Gruden's an idiot for allowing the Bucs to be in the QB fix they were in this season. He was arrogant enough to believe that he could turn Bruce Gradkowski into a viable NFL QB, when it's rather clear that he doesn't possess the necessary arm strength to throw the deep outs. Gradkowski couldn't get the ball to the team's most potent weapon (Joey Galloway) consistently, underthrowing him or flat out missing Galloway when he beat opposing DBs.

:)

You nailed it. This Buc's disaster season was pure Gruden hubris.

im starting him in my sb. i like his matchup better than hasselback vs sd and young vs buffalo. what do you guys think?

I might sign up for the Rattay bandwagon as well. My other choices are Cutler or Garrard. Garrard is single digits waiting to happen so he's out. Was gonna go Cutler but with Walker questionable, I'm not so sure.

Wow, I might like some of that Rattay kool-aid myself. It is either Rattay or Grossman. I have been overanalysing since yesterday. Rattay seems to have a better upside

I always though Rattay looked like a decent QB when he was with the 9ers. He has a decent arm, makes quick decisions and seems in command of the offense. You would've though Chuckie would have given him a chance before tanking their season by going with a rookie.

He looks like a good start against the Browns this week to me.

Rattay over Trent Green and Garrand for me.

Undecided about Garcia though, Monday vs. Dallas. Both sides will be jacked, could be feast or famine. <_<

i'm leaning grossman over rattay right now, but also am considering leinart, alex smith, and jay cutler...sucks when these are your options for the SB, have been playing Kitna for weeks, but finally had enough of him.... :)

I always liked Rattay. I think people haven't been sold on him because he's smallish, but so is Brees. I was baffled when Gruden bypassed him to replace Simms. It seemed tantamount to mailing it in.

i'm leaning grossman over rattay right now, but also am considering leinart, alex smith, and jay cutler...sucks when these are your options for the SB, have been playing Kitna for weeks, but finally had enough of him.... :cheers:

Am doing the same but Grossman vs. Lions (assuming he plays a full game) might be too much to pass up.

I think Simms will want to test the free agent waters, and the Bucs won't go out of their way to try to retain him.

You know what?

I think its a little early to make this call. A lot of rookie QB's come into this situation and stink the joint out on their first year.

Eli Manning did it.

Alex Smith did it.

and to a lesser extent some of the other rookies from this year have done it.

you could argue that Lienert and Cutler have looked better.... but they are also on teams who are a lot better too. Lienert has two all pro WR's and Cutler has a former all pro and a veteran who will be inducted into the hall of fame on the first ballot when he is eligable. For a rookie, this makes all the difference.

Gradkowski doesnt have this luxury.

That being said... I think Rattay is a good pickup. I looked at his numbers and they werent horrible at all. I think there may have been a conflict between him and his old coach or something or maybe he wasnt good in the dressing room. Cuz with numbers like that, I would have thought Rattay would have got a better shot at keeping a #1 job than what he did.

His pass rating isnt horrible. His completion percentage is good.

He may be worth starting. Especially if one of your QB's has a horrible matchup this week.

You know what?

I think its a little early to make this call. A lot of rookie QB's come into this situation and stink the joint out on their first year.

Eli Manning did it.

Alex Smith did it.

and to a lesser extent some of the other rookies from this year have done it.

you could argue that Lienert and Cutler have looked better.... but they are also on teams who are a lot better too. Lienert has two all pro WR's and Cutler has a former all pro and a veteran who will be inducted into the hall of fame on the first ballot when he is eligable. For a rookie, this makes all the difference.

Gradkowski doesnt have this luxury.

That being said... I think Rattay is a good pickup. I looked at his numbers and they werent horrible at all. I think there may have been a conflict between him and his old coach or something or maybe he wasnt good in the dressing room. Cuz with numbers like that, I would have thought Rattay would have got a better shot at keeping a #1 job than what he did.

His pass rating isnt horrible. His completion percentage is good.

He may be worth starting. Especially if one of your QB's has a horrible matchup this week.

The only knock on him in SF was staying healthy - but he was one of the reasons the team let Garcia go - they thought they had a starter...but his health was unreliable and he didn't look that good without any talent around him...then Smith and the rest is history...

The only knock on him in SF was staying healthy - but he was one of the reasons the team let Garcia go - they thought they had a starter...but his health was unreliable and he didn't look that good without any talent around him...then Smith and the rest is history...

Interesting perspective.

if health is the issue, I think hes okay for a one game pickup. The matchup is good.

I'm also rollign the dice with Rattay this year....you gotta love the matchup...

TB pass offense isn't that bad when you think about it...

Joey Galloway is very nice.....

Clayton has some talent.....

Ike Hillard former Giants, FIRRRRRST DOWN.....

Pittman great pass catcher out of the backfield....

He should do fairly well against a horrible Cle D...

200 yrds 2 td's and i'll be happy....

I'm snatching Rattay of waivers and starting him over Leinert/Kitna in my Super Bowl this week.

250 yds, 2 TD's :(