Sign in to follow this  
Patriotica

Peyton Manning...just how big of a game is Sunday night?

Yes, his career will march on if the Colts lose. Just as it has after all of the duds v. Florida and the duds v. New England in two previous playoff games. But here he is in 2007 having just played another clunker of a playoff game heading into tomorrow.

Is the game vs. New England on Sunday night going to be a clear indicator, and branding, of what kind of player he is? Will he be dubbed a statman or a clutch QB?

As a Pats fan I am very excited not only to see a great game but to see Peyton in a very critical game for him. I dream of an ending where Adam Vinitieri lines up for a 52-yard game winner and misses wide left.

Bear in mind that Elway had a similar branding until late in his career. I don't think that this is a make or break game for the Manning legacy.

Some of the interceptions the past two weeks were overblown. One last week was on third and long and the interception equalled what would have been a 49-yard punt. In essence, it did no more damage than an incompletion. On another interception, the receiver ran the wrong route. Manning did have one INT that was poor....on a play in which he tried to force a ball into Dallas Clark. Other than that, he really managed the offense well and played a pretty good game.

In the Chiefs game, he was 30 for 38 passing and threw the ball well. He did throw a couple of bad balls, but overall his game was stellar.

Both weeks, he did a terrific job of audibling to the run in key situations.

In essence, I think he was fair to good in the first playoff games, but certainly not great. To answer your question, though, I think this game is pretty significant. If he plays well and they lose, it won't tarnish his career all that much, but if he plays truly poorly, I think it will be a hard loss to come back from.

I expect him to play well, though.

Some of the interceptions the past two weeks were overblown. One last week was on third and long and the interception equalled what would have been a 49-yard punt. In essence, it did no more damage than an incompletion. On another interception, the receiver ran the wrong route. Manning did have one INT that was poor....on a play in which he tried to force a ball into Dallas Clark. Other than that, he really managed the offense well and played a pretty good game.

In the Chiefs game, he was 30 for 38 passing and threw the ball well. He did throw a couple of bad balls, but overall his game was stellar.

Both weeks, he did a terrific job of audibling to the run in key situations.

In essence, I think he was fair to good in the first playoff games, but certainly not great. To answer your question, though, I think this game is pretty significant. If he plays well and they lose, it won't tarnish his career all that much, but if he plays truly poorly, I think it will be a hard loss to come back from.

I expect him to play well, though.

<_<

Put those two games on Brady's resume and they would say that "He just wins" :bandana:

it seems like Manning is doing what it takes for the team to win and not worrying about his stats. If that is the case, then the Colts are going to be tough to beat.

I dream of an ending where Adam Vinitieri lines up for a 52-yard game winner and misses wide left.

Sadly, as a Pat fan, that distance or further is the only time I'll feel he has chance to miss - I dread him lining one up to win or tie.

AV=Money

Manning must win this game, if the defense isnt playing near perfect like they have been playing the last few weeks then the question will be if he can win it on his own. He has thrown interceptions which are turnovers which cant be overblown. Its been the Indy defense that has won the 2 games, how can u bet vs the pats who have never lost in an AFC Championship game (5-0)

Sadly, as a Pat fan, that distance or further is the only time I'll feel he has chance to miss - I dread him lining one up to win or tie.

AV=Money

Some Colt fans are nervous about a situation like this. Who knows if Vinatieri isn't some kind of double agent sent in by the Pats to insure a win. He missed a couple in the Foxboro game earlier this season. Trusted? who knows. :wub:

No I do not think Sunday night is an important game and I really do not think the one two weeks after that is.

This Sunday's game is not important. But next Sunday's: why do you think they call it the SUPER Bowl