Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

"Fredo" Grimm follows Whisenhunt to Cardinals

fredo is a bit rough. As a man, you can't go back to a place that told the world you weren't good enough to be their head coach. They went outside the organization, so he had to go. I think staying loyal to your boss and in this case his OC(Whisenhunt), was a very good move for him. I don't think he's ready to be an OC or HC just yet, so a few more years and he will be fine.

Plus didn't your team just hire Arians to be their OC? Slap, Slap

Gotta go Gotta go

fredo is a bit rough. As a man, you can't go back to a place that told the world you weren't good enough to be their head coach.

I agree he had to leave, but he got turned down in AZ too. He interviewed for that job and wasn't good enough there. Just suprised he went to AZ.

I agree he had to leave, but he got turned down in AZ too. He interviewed for that job and wasn't good enough there. Just suprised he went to AZ.

Despite being turned down in AZ, I would bet Wisenhunt spoke with him and convinced him that he was very wanted there.

Despite being turned down in AZ, I would bet Wisenhunt spoke with him and convinced him that he was very wanted there.

Whisenhunt was his "Voice of Reason"...I didn't remember him interviewing in AZ...hey Arizona is a beautiful place to live and working for someone you know makes it that much easier for him.

Smart move by Grimm. It looks like he's hit the wall in Pittsburgh. If he can turn that O line around he'll be a hot commodity next year...as well as gaining a lot of fans in the fantasy world that own Leinart, Edge, Fitz and Boldin.

Good move for Grimm, bad move for Pitt.

When a coach is passed over, it clears the way for them to leave.

Only way Pittsburgh would have kept Grimm was as head coach and that didn't happen. He is an introvert and you don't want that as your coach...and he failed badly at his increased responsibility this season of halftime adjustments to the game plan.

Cowher would give no recommendation to the Steelers to hire Grimm or Whiz as head coaches. Not all coordinators or assistants can have success as head coaches. Lebeau, Hasslett, for instance....make horrible head coaches but great defensive minds.

Nobody knows if this was a bad move for the Steelers to pick Tomlin over Grimm. EVERYONE knew Grimm would not be back as an assistant to the guy who got the job over him.

grimm and tim lewis and two interesting cases. both were at one time hot hc names--lewis for a few years up until last year; grimm last year and this year.

lewis recently took a secondary coach job (i think)...grimm takes another line coach gig. interesting. what gives? body odor? bad breath? it just seems to have gone the other way with those two now (though grimm is still relatively new in the hc-interview pipeline).

grimm had an interview with matt millen last year--the same matt who hired moronweg on-the-spot. i dunno...if you can't get millen to give you a job...there's something up there.

grimm and tim lewis and two interesting cases. both were at one time hot hc names--lewis for a few years up until last year; grimm last year and this year.

lewis recently took a secondary coach job (i think)...grimm takes another line coach gig. interesting. what gives? body odor? bad breath? it just seems to have gone the other way with those two now (though grimm is still relatively new in the hc-interview pipeline).

grimm had an interview with matt millen last year--the same matt who hired moronweg on-the-spot. i dunno...if you can't get millen to give you a job...there's something up there.

Tim Lewis ran one of the worst defenses Cowher ever had. It was painfull to watch....his idea of a successfull pass defensive play was keeping them under 20 yards.

Grimm I think is purely a position coach. They throw that assistant head coach label in there so nobody can hire him except to be head coach.