Sign in to follow this  
randandy

gayest band you ever saw in concert

Andrew W.K. opening for Aerosmith

Limp Bizkit opening for Metallica

My parents took us to see the Osmonds when I was little. Jimmy played the trumpet and Donny wore his purple socks too. :huh: My sister was in love with Donny (in addition to Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson of the Hardy Boys days).

Cars with Wang Chung? :pointstosky: We must be around the same age. I saw that concert in Indy (Heartbeat City Tour) guessing around 1986 or '87.

I wish I saved all of my concert T-shirts to show my kids someday.

I never saw anything that i thought was too gay...but i did see the Clash and the Who when i was 14. It is a well known fact that Pete Towshend likes 12 year old boys. so i guess thats kinda gay

Here's an '80's triple bill for ya:

A Flock Of Seagulls

The Fixx

The Police

Actually, The Police were the headliners for an outdoor show and not gay at all. But AFOS was milking I Ran (So Far Away) for their 15 minutes of fame, the sound system was having problems, the band sounded like somebody holding up a microphone to a Walkman's headphones, everybody was tanked from tailgating before the concert and the group had no stage presence whatsoever. The Fixx had more material and a front man who knew how to work a crowd; but they weren't any better.

And although they weren't necessarily gay, The Cars were hands down the worst major act I've ever seen perform live. Their tick tock rhythm didn't translate well with only 5 guys onstage, they insisted putting 4 foot tall Greg Hawkes center stage with his banks of keyboards to either side of him, Ric Ocasek has zero charisma, Elliot Easton played every note like he was about to spooge all over his guitar any second, Ben Orr was too old to pull off a teeny bopper idol image and wasn't paying attention to drummer David Robinson, the band acted like they'd rather be reading a book than trying to entertain an audience and The Cars were caught in the No Man's Land between punk aggression and New Wave detatched aloofness.

I saw The Village People

and then.....Air Supply

Winnah? :dunno:

Saw Village people performance once at a college sports event ... live "singing" to background played from a boombox into a mic. :dunno:

You are old, Big Dog :D

p.s. What was jerry lee lewis like in person?? :lol:

Saw JLL live at a taping for a PBS special. Played Great Balls of Fire three times ... cause the first two versions were too racy for broadcast. :clap: Man still had testorone raging at what looked like 110 years old. :headbanger: