Sign in to follow this  
Recidivist

Iron Maiden's "Trooper" & Youtube

If they can all lay it down like this, we should have no borders:

First page bump

(I'm not one for shamelessly promoting my own threads, but that little beaner on the bass does Steve Harris proud) :bandana:

:dunno: That little girl is TOOOOOOO CUTE!@#

Not that way, sickos.

What does this prove..that anyone can play shitty metal? :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting all metal is "shittty", or are you suggesting that the music Iron Maiden created in the early 80s was "shittty"? Either way, I must respectfully dispute whatever point it is you are trying to make.

The opening riff from the "Trooper", while being rather rudimentary in its origins (basically it is a descending pentatonic scale in E), requires a modicum of skill to execute based on the tempo of this song.

I was most impressed with the young bassist - the kid can't be more than 10 or 11 and his instrument is bigger than he is. Steve Harris is regarded as one of the greatest metal bassists - his gallopping lines are a Maiden signature. This youngster does a more than respectable job (all things considered) of not only holding down the bottom end, but of filling the void created by the absence of the second guitar player (Maiden always had at least 2 guitarists).

Sure there were moments where they weren't in sync, but for the most part, these little guys kicked asss! It give me hope for the future :thumbsup:

Are you suggesting all metal is "shittty", or are you suggesting that the music Iron Maiden created in the early 80s was "shittty"? Either way, I must respectfully dispute whatever point it is you are trying to make.

The opening riff from the "Trooper", while being rather rudimentary in its origins (basically it is a descending pentatonic scale in E), requires a modicum of skill to execute based on the tempo of this song.

I was most impressed with the young bassist - the kid can't be more than 10 or 11 and his instrument is bigger than he is. Steve Harris is regarded as one of the greatest metal bassists - his gallopping lines are a Maiden signature. This youngster does a more than respectable job (all things considered) of not only holding down the bottom end, but of filling the void created by the absence of the second guitar player (Maiden always had at least 2 guitarists).

Sure there were moments where they weren't in sync, but for the most part, these little guys kicked asss! It give me hope for the future :rolleyes:

That's your opinion, I've got mine.

What does this prove..that anyone can play shitty metal? :dunno:

Iron Maiden is the greatest metal bands of all time. :dunno: :dunno:

Iron Maiden is the greatest metal bands of all time. :D :banana:

Personally I agree. In fact they are the only metal band I ever liked, unless you count Zep, Sabbath, bands like that. :wacko: