Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Gotta love those who say building the Border Fence is so hard

I can see your argument, that a fence will help with controlling the border but if that is the case, then the argument could be made for constructing the same fence across the Canadian border, which from what I heard, is even more porous than the Mexican border. The reason no one is talking about the Canadian border is because we can effectively patrol that area due to the volume of traffic.

There's a reason why I brought up the whole geography of So/Central America. - Anticipating the 'Canada' argument. Big differences between the two. Canada actually has a stringent immigration policy. Not 100%, but nowhere near as bad as Messico. Also, Canada only shares a border with the US. You look south and you see dozens of countries - some openly hostile to America - and very few with any sort of effective border policy and almost all rife with corruption and bribery. Nothing's 100%, but I think common sense & geography tell us the Messican border is the one to be most concerned with.

(ps - I'm not securing a border that brought us Pam Anderson)

I don't know about effectiveness but the only real obstacle to the construction of a fence would be the remote locations of some areas. Constructability wise it would be cake.

here in montana we have a problem with wealthy californians relocating here and poaching are quality of life. ;)

i like the sniper idea. we have a saying that you shoot a californian in the knees as he crosses the border. :dunno: