Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

As big of a ###### as Rosenhaus is....

The guy gets the job done for his guys....

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!

Since free agency kicked off March 1, renowned agent Drew Rosenhaus has turned into the NFL's version of Monty Hall.

The 17 contracts he has negotiated have been for a whopping $255 million, including an equally jarring $64.6 million in bonus monies.

Three of those contracts -- for Panthers linebacker Dan Morgan, Redskins running back Clinton Portis and wide receiver Santana Moss -- were restructured contracts.

But even after removing those deals from the equation, Rosenhaus still has done $185.59 million worth of new contracts since March 1, including $52.11 million worth of bonus monies.

His last deal was negotiated over the weekend, when Rosenhaus signed Stallworth to a six-year, $33.1 million contract with the Patriots that included $2.9 million worth of guaranteed money.

It will hardly be his last one. San Francisco running back Frank Gore, another Rosenhaus client, is up next.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10057134

I'd take 4% of that...

That'd get you about $2.9 million from the bonus money alone. Not a bad gig.

how much of that 225 million is money the players will actually make? i'm guessing less than half

only 64.6 is guaranteed.

Rosenhaus only gets paid for the money his clients make, so I don't see how the total value of the contract matters.

Like people saying Stallworth's contract is for 31 million. THis isn't baseball, he won't see most of that.

how much of that 225 million is money the players will actually make? i'm guessing less than half

only 64.6 is guaranteed.

Rosenhaus only gets paid for the money his clients make, so I don't see how the total value of the contract matters.

Yes...but like they said, since March he has that much in just bonus money he is getting paid on...plus the percentage of at least the first year of the contract that he will most likely see.

Not too shabby....

Yes...but like they said, since March he has that much in just bonus money he is getting paid on...plus the percentage of at least the first year of the contract that he will most likely see.

Not too shabby....

Oh no doubt, he's the best there is. I'm just throwing it out there, because so often people use the total value of an NFL contract when it's pretty meaningless.

How was Portis' contract restructured? Skin homers??? Just curious...

NOT a Skin homer, don't know if these are the renogiated numbers...

2011 8754000.00

2008 5048500.00

2009 6627000.00

2010 7690500.00

2005 455000.00

2006 585000.00

2007 595000.00

2002 225000.00

2003 300000.00

2004 380000.00

Oh no doubt, he's the best there is. I'm just throwing it out there, because so often people use the total value of an NFL contract when it's pretty meaningless.

no kidding...

i wonder what % of signed deals are fully used by a team?....

if you arent favre or brady etc and you sign a 5 year deal, you arent likely to see the 5th year with that team(so it seems)

I can't stand guys like Rosenhaus. Sure he is making money, but that kind of crap is turning free agency into a circus.