Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Been looking at new projects and muscle cars

My brother bought that '53 Willys pickup. He says he wants to make it a hot rod, but I'd guess it becomes a plaything for his kids. He's gotta 68 GTO, got munched in an accident, original family car so he bought it back from the insurance co. Totalled. Been sitting in his shed for a few years now ... needs a 68 Lemans donor ... and I just found a 68 LeMans Convertible for $2500.

Forget the Willy's pickup ... let's make a 68 GTO Convertible Tribute. True or not .... be worth some cash.

There's also a guy selling, what he says is a 68 RS Camaro for $2,000 here in town.

If it was a great deal ... it'd be sold already.

Same guy who has the 68 LeMans also has a 69 GTO ... also $2500. Both need total restoration.

My brother bought that '53 Willys pickup. He says he wants to make it a hot rod, but I'd guess it becomes a plaything for his kids. He's gotta 68 GTO, got munched in an accident, original family car so he bought it back from the insurance co. Totalled. Been sitting in his shed for a few years now ... needs a 68 Lemans donor ... and I just found a 68 LeMans Convertible for $2500.

Forget the Willy's pickup ... let's make a 68 GTO Convertible Tribute. True or not .... be worth some cash.

There's also a guy selling, what he says is a 68 RS Camaro for $2,000 here in town.

If it was a great deal ... it'd be sold already.

Same guy who has the 68 LeMans also has a 69 GTO ... also $2500. Both need total restoration.

Not true.

If it needs tons of work, it scares many 'turn key' car buffs away. If its got hte original engine/tranny in it, and is fairly straight, take a chance on it. Pretty much everything but the frame can be replaced, but all value is derived from matching engine and tranny.

It also might be more fun/value added to fix the gto using the Lemans vs spiffing up the Lemans.

My Bro's 68 Goat was pretty sweet. Matching numbers, 400 motor (or 440, I forget), His and Hers Hearst shifter ... like a barn find, for real. From my sister in law's Dad in Iowa. Pretty much saved her life too ... big piece of American steel and she got plowed into hard. Frame is bent ... so, that's why he wants a Le Mans donor.

Found a local 68 LeMans convertible for $2500. The convertible may be the wrong choice ... might wanna restore the salvage title and everything original. Hardtop. Been in the family since new.

I'll give you a TV guide that has the cover printed on the front and the back for it. :banana:

I'll give you a TV guide that has the cover printed on the front and the back for it. :banana:

Hmmmm. Yer gonna hafta ask my brother! It's his 68 GTO.

I'm gonna guess he says "no" though.

P.S. I'll give you a Tootsie Pop .... if it's kinda stinky .... just go with it!

Yeah ... it's pretty tasty ... lick it .... mmm .... get to that chewey center ....

:P

Keep going.