Sign in to follow this  
KupZilla25

Favorite Fantasy Moments

We are all waiting anxiously for the NFL Draft and football to start back up, so in the mean time I thought it would be interesting to share some great moments you've encountered in your fantasy league. I'll start with mine...

My league rewards weird plays such as running backs or wide receivers completing passes or receivers running the ball. In my league this year i was exactly tied with who I was playing going into the Monday night game Philly vs. GB. I had David Akers and my oponent had Donald Driver. I pretty much was ready to concede the week until with 3 seconds left in the 2nd quarter Akers came on the field to set up for a 50+ yard field goal. I was praying for a make to give me a chance when i noticed that the snap went directly to Akers who proceeded to throw a meaningless 6 yard pass to a tight end. There was no reason that the Eagles should have ran this play, it made no sense, but the completion gave me 10 points and Akers outscored Driver on the night by 2 giving me the win. This ended up being a big win as i made the playoffs one game in front of my opponent that i played that night. It felt like i stole the victory, but a win is a win and that was a great night.

Anyone else have any favorite memories they want to share?

down 25 with bears d left vs.az. 3 d-st tds later and im a winner.

The bears were who we thought they were!

I would have to say draft night of our first Big Money league at the Greenville Golf and Country Club. I had played in another league for three years and had a little experience. This was a brand new 12 team redraft league (2000), a great food spread, the atmosphere was buzzing, and new excited fellas. I don't even remember what number the pick was, but I remember fat arse Ziggy whispering to his dumbarse farmer friend when their pick came up - "we are going to win, nobody took him" .......AND HIS PICK WAS KICKER VANDERJAGT WITH HIS #1. I flucking laughed so hard when he said that my beer came out of my nose.

I don't think there could ever have been something so funny to my ears.

I remember in Week 16 of the 2000 NFL season, our championship week, my late stepfather was down more than 25 points in a basic scoring league and he had Marshall Faulk vs TB at Raymond James on Monday Night Football. He needed about 100 total yards and 3 TD's to win and prior to that point, TB did a good job of bottling up Faulk. Well, not on that night needless to say as Marshall went ballistic and scored 4 TD's and my stepfather won the league title. Even better I got half his winnings for picking his team.

My buddy is in a league that runs all the way to the end of the Superbowl.

His opponent had Brady and Dillon. He had Branch and was behind in total points so even if Branch get's aTD, Brady gets TD as well.

Fourth quarter Branch runs reverse for TD ... robbing Brady and Dillon of TD at the same time.

He wins his 21 week league by one point on that play.

This story is second only to the guy who posted his loss that occured when Grossman dropped back 3 yards to take a knee at the end of a game and loses his week by .1 in a decimal league by Grossman losing three rushing yards.

My best week was when Brett Favre fumbled on the last play against Seattle last year on Monday night. My opponent had Favre. I won the week by 1 point on the -2 point fumble.

About eight years ago I had to start one of the deadliest tandems in history because of injuries on my team, My other two qb's on my roster were injured. Any way i won because he and my fifth string wr at the time hooked up for two long tds.

The hookup.....

for the san diego chargers........

ryan leaf to curtis conway

Week 10 last year. I set the high score record in our 15 year old league with this lineup. By the way, I don't play with a bunch of idiots - so don't go there. I built this team in a keeper league by taking LT, Brees, and Parker as rookies and traded for CJ.

Brees 398yds passing 1TD 14yds passing

LT 104yds rushing 4TDs 5 rec 54yds

Parker 213yds rushing 2TDs

CJ 11rec 260yds rec 2TDs

Driver 6rec 191yds rec 1TD

Chambers 3rec 66yds rec

Gonzo 6rec 84yds rec

Graham 5xp 2fgs

Dallas 195yds allowed 2int 1fumble rec

We play two scoring systems - both have big payout. Head to head and accumulated score throughout the season. This week locked up accumulated and I went on to win HtoH also.

And it's stories like these that show just how great fantasy football really is. IndyFan, you probably remembered most of those stats without even looking them up. People who don't play fantasy football never understand how we can remember exactly how many carries and yards rudi johnson had in his game against the ravens, or the number of catches roy williams had week in and week out... and the best part is, they don't even have to be on our own team for us to know this. For us, the difference between a qb sneak on the one yard line or turning around and handing it off to the running back could be the difference between winning your league or being left out of the playoffs. Fantasy football is the only thing that will keep the majority of us interested in a week one match up this year between the niners and cardinals. Keep these stories coming, and we can continue to appreciate the greatness that is fantasy football.

Fantasy Football Championship....I think 2002 when Amani Toomer scored 3tds vs the colts. This was totally unexpected and I wet my drawers twice.

I was pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Fantasy Football Championship....I think 2002 when Amani Toomer scored 3tds vs the colts. This was totally unexpected and I wet my drawers twice.

I was pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Just looked it up on Yahoo sports......Toomer also had 10catches for 204yds. Wow his best game ever wk 16 ffootball championship.....totally unexpected.

Bittersweet for me last year. I was getting destroyed in week 12 by one of the a bigger shittalkers in our league. Down by about 40 points, all I had was Joe Addai against my Eagles. I basically gave up any chance of winning and decided to just enjoy the game.

200 total yards, 4 TD's, and an ass-raped defensive line later, I won with Addai scoring somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 points. Helped my FF team immensely, hurt to watch him take such a steaming turd all over my Eagles.

In my first season of Fanball, I played in the league Superbowl. It all came down to a PITT-TB Monday night game in which we each had players. Late in the game, my opponent was ahead by a point. PITT had a lead. The Steelers drove into FG range and I cringed; my opponent had PITT's kicker. However, Cowher elected to simply turn the ball over on downs rather than risk a mishap. With time nearly expired, PITT's defence, which was also my D, picked off the TB QB (Rob Johnson, maybe), giving me 2 points and the lead by one, which is where things ended. My opponent failed to send me the traditional congratulatory email.

2 stand out:

1. sometime between 95-97 season....i had qb brad johnson (vikings) & they had the ball inside the 5 yrd line.....brad takes the hike, drops back....throws, hits his off. lineman in the helmet, bounces back & he catches it.....runs around the right end & in for the score! i get:

4 points for the td throw & 6 points for the td catch (plus yrds added) all on the same play....BY THE SAME PLAYER! :(

2. 2000 MNF, I had Favre & Freeman going & he (the guy i was playing that wk.) was done. He was up BIG heading into that game & I needed Favre/Freeman to hook up. GREAT! Its raining & neither does too much throughout the game. Luckily the game heads into O.T. - but i'm still down by like 10 points. Late into O.T. - Favre drops back & just chucks the ball down the right sideline. Cris Dishman (Minn DB) & Freeman get into a positioning match & Freeman falls down (no flag), Dishman attempts to catch the ball, but somehow misses, striking Freeman's (who is on the ground flat on his back) foot. The ball richochets back into the air, lands in Freemans lap. He gets up & runs like 45 yrds for the winning TD as Dishman sits on his arse & watches in confussion. Of course, this score put me over the top & I walk away with the "W"! The funniest thing is the guy who i was playing happened to callabout 5 minutes before that play & had started to talk smack....he was still on the other end when it happened (b!tching the whole time)! The guy = my older brother! :banana:

This story is second only to the guy who posted his loss that occured when Grossman dropped back 3 yards to take a knee at the end of a game and loses his week by .1 in a decimal league by Grossman losing three rushing yards.

:cheers:

I'm glad someone else remembers that story.

I can't remember which poster that happened to, but the way he told that story was absolute hilarity. I was laughing so hard that I was in tears.

Bored classic, IMO... :(

Late in our Champioship game I realize that even if Cris Carter catches a TD on the next play I will fall short. Damn! I need more yards. How about a penalty to back them up and then a TD?

Yep. Just what the doctor ordered; holding and then a 30+ yard TD to Carter. :unsure:

Back to back championships. Sweet.

"all he does is catch touchdowns", thankcs CC

2004 - Championship game came down to Monday match-up Rams v. Eagles. The team that was ahead had Torry Holt. The other team was the defending champion and had Isaac Bruce. Bruce outplayed Holt. The Rams game is virtually over and for some reason Martz decides to throw to Bruce who catches the ball and goes over 100 yards (3 pt. bonus points in our league), putting our defending champ on top by a few points. Bruce fumbles the ball and of all people to pick it up - Torry Holt. If the Eagles picked up the ball, the defending champion would have won. Instead, Holt's picking up the ball dropped Bruce back to 98 yards and he lost the bonus and the championship on the last play of the fantasy season.

The Champion had even called in his concession speech before the official scorer deducted Bruce's points.

1987, John Taylor catches a TD in the last game of the FF season to clinch the title for my monster team...

Freeman McNeil OJ Anderson

Rice, Taylor,

My bro and I drafted a 16 team league, and I learned how to use a spreadsheet putting in the stats I'd look up each monday in the back of the sports page.

TD only league FTW...old school.

Draft day 2006, last. Solid 12 team league (we do have our one Dumba$$). I kept on jokingly telling everyone I was going to take Reggie Bush with my second round pick (2.6) in a PPR league, only I fully intended to do it. Well in a league full of Trojan fans, I found out that it wasn't a joke to them and that he likely wouldn't last to me... I could tell people wanted him too. They threw some jabs right back, saying I wasn't dumb enough to do it and yada yada, but I could tell they wanted him too.

Draft day comes and it comes my turn to pick in the first round (1.7). I stand up, slowly unbutton and take off my shirt, and reveal that I am wearing a cut off t-shirt (like you wear under pads) with the words, "eat me" on it. I reach into my cooler (had a side pocket) pull out a Bush Jersey and put it on to applause and laughter.

And then I won the league.

(I was informed by two owners who had picks between my first and econd round picks they definitely would have taken Bush).

that freeman catch is prob 1 of the best i have ever seen

neways does anyone remember drew bennett 2-3 yrs ago

it was 1 week in the playoffs, i forget which...the team with bennett goes into monday nite being down 30-35 points with only bennett and the other team is done...bennett ends up with 260 and 3 tds..unreal

if someone has most hated fantasy moments, i have a couple of stories that have happened to me..might as well post them here

1. chicago vs arizona monday nite...im up like 18 points..we give 1 pt per tackle and assisst...i was done, the other guy had urlacher...urlacher ends up with 19 tackles and a FF and i lose by 2

2. indy vs eagles...i have harrison and im down 2 points...all i need is 20 yards and i win...easy right...addai explodes for 200 and 4 tds, harrison gets 1 catch for 9 yrds and i lose

3. championship week i while back..eagles vs i duno who...im down 3 with akers left...we give 4 points for fgs 40+ and -1 for a fg miss under 50....4th qtr akers lines up for a 40 yrder, misses wide..im down 4..im crying...eagles get the ball back (in down 4 but i win tiebreaker), akers 40 yrder, misses short..i lose championship week, worst feeling ever

Guest RenoZ

1999 - Redraft Salary Cap league

About Week 10 and I really need a boost at WR. Patrick Jeffers just had one big game and I would love to take a flyer on him but only have $2 available - Jeffers costs $3. I end up trading away a solid defense ($5) for an average defense ($4) to clear up an extra $1. The guy that I offer the trade to is like... :clap:

Jeffers ends the season...

7 107 15.29 1

8 147 18.38 2

8 138 17.25 1

5 160 32.00 2

7 165 23.57 2

Rest of the league was :thumbsup:

2. indy vs eagles...i have harrison and im down 2 points...all i need is 20 yards and i win...easy right...addai explodes for 200 and 4 tds, harrison gets 1 catch for 9 yrds and i lose

I was on the receiving end of this blast up the doodah. Anything less than 100 yds and 2 TDs meant a win for me. :cry: :mad: :cry:

Fantasy Football is like Texas Holdem.... you only remember your terrible bad beats.... the glory is overshadowed by the heartache....

Like for instance when you have a comfortable 41 point lead in a playoff game with only Drew Bennett left playing against you and in your long standing dynasty league the most WR points scored in a game EVER was Quadry Ismail with 47 (translation: you're feeling pretty safe)... and then Bennett proceeds to drop a 43 ball in my fockin ass while D!CK VERMIEL is smiling on the sidelines while his swiss cheese defense is being shreaded by two white guys and I lose by 2 points ...

Don't remember who posted it, but a few years ago a guy posted about being in his league's Super Bowl. He was up by one point going into the Monday night game and he had Elway and the other dude was done.

On Elway's first pass, he got intercepted and injured, and sat the rest of the game.

Dude got -2 points for the game and lost the Super Bowl.

:cheers:

My favorite personal story was one of my best friends trying to pick WR (I think this was in 2003 - my buddy asks me every week for advice). He had Chambers and Booker. Played Booker the first week. Booker did nothing and Chambers scored three TDs. Next week, he played Chambers. Chambers did nothing and Booker scored three TDs against Tampa. I remember calling him after every Booker TD. If he could have choked me through the phone, he would have. Also, my buddy is a huge Bears fan. :wall:

2 stand out:

1. sometime between 95-97 season....i had qb brad johnson (vikings) & they had the ball inside the 5 yrd line.....brad takes the hike, drops back....throws, hits his off. lineman in the helmet, bounces back & he catches it.....runs around the right end & in for the score! i get:

4 points for the td throw & 6 points for the td catch (plus yrds added) all on the same play....BY THE SAME PLAYER! :mad:

2. 2000 MNF, I had Favre & Freeman going & he (the guy i was playing that wk.) was done. He was up BIG heading into that game & I needed Favre/Freeman to hook up. GREAT! Its raining & neither does too much throughout the game. Luckily the game heads into O.T. - but i'm still down by like 10 points. Late into O.T. - Favre drops back & just chucks the ball down the right sideline. Cris Dishman (Minn DB) & Freeman get into a positioning match & Freeman falls down (no flag), Dishman attempts to catch the ball, but somehow misses, striking Freeman's (who is on the ground flat on his back) foot. The ball richochets back into the air, lands in Freemans lap. He gets up & runs like 45 yrds for the winning TD as Dishman sits on his arse & watches in confussion. Of course, this score put me over the top & I walk away with the "W"! The funniest thing is the guy who i was playing happened to callabout 5 minutes before that play & had started to talk smack....he was still on the other end when it happened (b!tching the whole time)! The guy = my older brother! :blink:

The Brad Johnson TD pass to himself happened in 1997 at home vs Carolina.

Thx 49 man! I couldnt remember the year or where they were playing.... i just know i loved that play! that was the year i had the "all viking team"....somehow i managed to draft or trade for:

qb johnson

rb smith

wr carter

wr reed

& started them almost every week. it worked for the most part as i finished 2nd that year, but i'd never do it again....talk about loading up on too many players from the same team! :cry:

i also had frerotte that year as my back up....only to see him headbutt the wall after a TD & go out for a few weeks with a concusion!

Gus = :banana:

Flippin CLASSIC!

:blink:

Winning the final 2 games in our dynasty league playoffs last year by a combined 3 points. The last game was won due to a last-minute pickup of Michael Pittman who was filling in for Caddy, rather than using Ronnie Brown who was coming off injury. Pittman had a huge game and won it for me (barely). My team was decimated by injuries at that point. A very sweet victory.

Last year in my dynasty league semi finals I was leading by about 50 points going into monday night. Its colts vs Cincy. I have TJ and he has harrison and manning. This was the year I was supposed to win it all, I was the league scoring champ and right before the playoffs I traded my 1st round pick for the rookie draft for Tiki to help me with the championship run. BUT NOOOOOO... coach lewis decides that even though that he is way behing he is going to try to keep running the ball and manning decides that there are no other recivers on his team other than harrison. Well, to make the long story short,

manning and harrison combine for 70 pts vs tj who ends up with 10 and I lose the chance to go to the league superbowl and my first round pick for next year by 10 pts.

<_< <_< :D :cry: :cry:

1. chicago vs arizona monday nite...im up like 18 points..we give 1 pt per tackle and assisst...i was done, the other guy had urlacher...urlacher ends up with 19 tackles and a FF and i lose by 2

That's the one which stuck out for me. I was smoking my opponent by over thirty points going into that game. I unfortunately was stuck starting Edge, who had fumbles, so there were four point swings on them (-2 to me, +2 to him.) Then the Bears had that miracle "who we thought they are" comeback and he ended up beating me. At least I'm a Bears fan and took some solace in that game's outcome.

The worst part is the owner had a selective memory and stated before (and definitely after) that "he always beats me." I beat him four times in the previous two years and he beat me once in the last playoffs, so he always states that, now using this as "proof."

This one might be the all-time fantasy moment.

Two years ago I had a fantasy dream season. I went 12-1 in the regular season while setting the single game and season scoring record for my league. I was crushing every week. I had a bye and then easily advanced to the Fantasy Bowl.

Most of the weeks games were on Saturday. My team totally sh*t the bed. A couple of my guys got 0's. If I remember correctly Steve Smith and Ryan Moats both goosed it for me and I think CJ got me 2. So after Saturday's games I was 15 points behind. My opponent was finished and I had the Bears Defense on Sunday against the Packers.

As the Bear's game went on I had kinda accepted that I might lose. They did score a def. touchdown and and had gottn a couple of to's. Some of you guys might remember this game. With less than a minute to go Favre throws a bomb to around midfield and runs up to spike it. At this point I'm down by 3 points with like 40 seconds left in the game. Favre drops back to pass and gets sacked. He hurries to the line, drops back to pass, and gets sacked again. At this point I'm freakin out. Favre drops back to pass and let's go a hail mary with no time on the clock... the Bears intercept it.

It was literally unbelievable. I won the Championship by 1 point on the last 3 plays of the game. In all honesty it is one of the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me.