Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

where's our outrage?

Excellent point. Say Nappy Headed Ho on a radio show and BAM, you're fired and labeled as a racist. But show a potentially inflamatory video and it's news. :blink:

This society is messed up and has its priorities mixed up.

i think our outrage is misplaced...or we're afraid of showing proper outrage because it may offend someone. why is nobody mad about a freak shooting up our kids in a school setting? why are members of a giant congregation in a colorado springs church not mad about 2 gay preachers lying to them for years? why should that church have even one member left at this point? why are we still not mad at terrorists for taking down the wtc and a bunch of our own along with them? why is there no anger directed where it should be?

then, we spend a week in pure outrage over don imus talking about hairdos. i don't think anyone even knew women, much less rutgers, played competitive baskball, nor did they care. but race baters al and jessie made a giant spectacle of nothing, yet are nowhere to be seen when they can't profit by continuing the stereotype. why are we not mad at them and calling both of them out?

why aren't we mad that a bunch of grown men on a college campus can't take out a little skinny asian dude before he takes them out? they were going to get shot one way or the other. have we neutered an entire generation of men so they just want to lay on the floor and pretend they've been hit instead of get up and do something about it as a group? why aren't we mad at our public school systems that have encouraged boys to be more like girls?

if you have kids, specifically boys, and you're not wrestling with them and teaching them that the warrior that is built inside of them is alright, you're adding to this culture of sissies that has been created over the last 15 years. college kids that just want to sit around and debate everything and not hurt anybody's feelings while they drink coffee and biitch about america ought to take note. you've been given a glimpse of what can happen and have had time to think it through. is the person next to you worth saving, or is america worth saving? next time will you act or just lay there?

Someone tell me if I should read the above novella?

BudBro

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 25230

I'd say NO. :blink:

if you have kids, specifically boys, and you're not wrestling with them and teaching them that the warrior that is built inside of them is alright

This sounds odd. I'm picturing a dad trying to toughen up his son, making some conscience effort to ensure he's manly. While I agree parents can foster sissiness, you shouldn't have to make an effort for the other, should just be natural.