Sign in to follow this  
dmleonard

Ogden to return

Ogden is going to return for at least 1 more year. He isn't as dominating as he once was, but he is still pretty good compared to most OT's. It definitly doesn't hurt him, that's for sure. Tough call on McGahee this year. Once Billick started calling the shots, Jamal's stats were decent for the rest of the year. Trouble is that it also coincided with Jamal starting to take injections for his ankle pain. Who knows how much was due to each.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2850987

i definitely think Willis finishes as a solid #2 RB (and has potential to finish as a #1, aka top12), mainly because he shouldn't be subject to RBBC and the team he is on likes to run the ball.

I would really love to see what would happen if they started doing some swing passes to Willis out in the flat... see if he can do anything w/ a little open field - kinda like a combination of what they used JLew and CTaylor for back in 2005... just wonder how well Willis can catch out of the backfield since they never threw to him in BUF...

if they do leave him in for 3 downs and throw the swing passes, etc... to him, i think it could easily bump him into the top12... just really comes down to scoring opps then...

Ogden should have one last decent season left in him, but he is not the dominator that we are accustomed to any longer... :thumbsup:

Ogden should have one last decent season left in him, but he is not the dominator that we are accustomed to any longer... :cheers:

If they can get a LT, they should move Ogden to guard. He has a hard time with the speed rusher, but he can plow straight ahead if he played guard ala Larry Allen.