Sign in to follow this  
huskerboy

Dynasty rookie RB Rankings

I don't know about you, but rookie RB's are golden in our 12 team league, and rookie QB's rarely go in our 1st round no matter what. Since everyone does a rookie mock that combines all the rookies together, I'm going to start something a little different that might be more useful for guys like me that see Russell and Quinn going WAY higher than they will in my league. Also, most stuff I've already seen have certain WR's going much higher above RB's that I know will get taken before them in my league. Here goes...feel free to rip away and put your own. I'm just going with my initial gut feeling based on talent and opprotunity:

1. Lynch

1a. Peterson

3. Brandon Jackson

4. Tony Hunt

5. Michael Bush

6. Chris Henry

7. Kenny Irons

8. Antonio Pittman

9. Lorenzo Booker

10. Brian Leonard

11. Kolby Smith

12. Garrett Wolfe

13. Dwayne Wright

14. Thomas Clayton

interesting that you have Chris Henry at 6 since he has the best chance than the top 3 to be the starter.

I personally wouldn't bother with Antonio Pittman since he is buried on the depth chart. I'd rather have a guy like Ahmad Bradshaw who will likely have a role right away

interesting that you have Chris Henry at 6 since he has the best chance than the top 3 to be the starter.

I personally wouldn't bother with Antonio Pittman since he is buried on the depth chart. I'd rather have a guy like Ahmad Bradshaw who will likely have a role right away

I like Henry at or around 6. The reason he is not higher, is because he hasn't proved anything. I like his chances in Tenn., but I liked JJ's chances in Arizona 2 years ago. Hunt has a decent shoy based on Westbrook's inevitable flurtation with IR. Not on IR, just close to it every week.

I have just about the same ranking on RB's. I 100% agree with you about QB's being taken late. I got Eli with the 11th a few years ago.

How about a list on WR's?

I put a WR list out right after this one. The reason I put Henry lower is because in a dyansty, Hunt and Bush have better long term value. Just a gut hunch though.

I don't know about you, but rookie RB's are golden in our 12 team league, and rookie QB's rarely go in our 1st round no matter what. Since everyone does a rookie mock that combines all the rookies together, I'm going to start something a little different that might be more useful for guys like me that see Russell and Quinn going WAY higher than they will in my league. Also, most stuff I've already seen have certain WR's going much higher above RB's that I know will get taken before them in my league. Here goes...feel free to rip away and put your own. I'm just going with my initial gut feeling based on talent and opprotunity:

1. Lynch

1a. Peterson

3. Brandon Jackson

4. Tony Hunt

5. Michael Bush

6. Chris Henry

7. Kenny Irons

8. Antonio Pittman

9. Lorenzo Booker

10. Brian Leonard

11. Kolby Smith

12. Garrett Wolfe

13. Dwayne Wright

14. Thomas Clayton

I am a Chester Taylor owner with the 1st pick in my Dynasty rookie draft. I'm struggling with taking Adrian Peterson or Lynch. I think that since I own taylor, I have to take Peterson...any thoughts or suggestions?

I am a Chester Taylor owner with the 1st pick in my Dynasty rookie draft. I'm struggling with taking Adrian Peterson or Lynch. I think that since I own taylor, I have to take Peterson...any thoughts or suggestions?

That's a tough spot to be in. A lot of the guys in my league I think were getting cold feet even before the draft on Adrian with his running style and collarbone not healed. I was one of the losers who picked Rogers years ago and his paper thin collarbone, so that has me scared since RB's take way more shots than WR's. At least with Lynch you know you'll have 1 1/2 full time starters with him and Chester instead of having just 1 or two 1/2's with Peterson and Chester.

2 reasons you have to take Taylor:

#1 - you are guaranteed a starter in Minn.

#2 - Taylor will be traded eventually. Then you'll have 2 starters. (Lynch should be the starter, but who knows)

you take the better player and thats AD, draft on talent not situation. The cream always rises to the top as they say and either way chester is practically unstartable now or will be anyways so I wouldn't even let him cloud your pick.

I like Henry at or around 6. The reason he is not higher, is because he hasn't proved anything. I like his chances in Tenn., but I liked JJ's chances in Arizona 2 years ago. Hunt has a decent shoy based on Westbrook's inevitable flurtation with IR. Not on IR, just close to it every week.

I have just about the same ranking on RB's. I 100% agree with you about QB's being taken late. I got Eli with the 11th a few years ago.

How about a list on WR's?

so you aren't worried about Ilaoa and Buckhalter at all? I'm an Eagle fan who was pumped about selection of Tony Hunt, but when they came back with Nasti Nate I was confused as to what their intentions are. I like both players, but there is only so much room on the roster. Nate is actually one of the better receiving RB's in the draft this year so I would see him take over a lot of what Westbrook does...

so you aren't worried about Ilaoa and Buckhalter at all? I'm an Eagle fan who was pumped about selection of Tony Hunt, but when they came back with Nasti Nate I was confused as to what their intentions are. I like both players, but there is only so much room on the roster. Nate is actually one of the better receiving RB's in the draft this year so I would see him take over a lot of what Westbrook does...

Worried? Yeah. But I'm worried about something with every singe RB behind him...weird year for rookie RB's.

I assume you are a Nebraska fan? What are your thoughts on Brandon Jackson? Can he be a starting RB in the NFL? Better than Morency from OSU? Just looking for opinions from somebody that has seen him play. I am curious as a Packers fan and dynasty owner.

I assume you are a Nebraska fan? What are your thoughts on Brandon Jackson? Can he be a starting RB in the NFL? Better than Morency from OSU? Just looking for opinions from somebody that has seen him play. I am curious as a Packers fan and dynasty owner.

As a husker fan, it's hard to be objective, but I think he'll be a solid player in the NFL. He just seemed to do everything well. I wish I could've seen him another year, but with many capable RB's in the program the last couple years I think he saw this as his best opprotunity after rising to the top of them this year. The slightest injury or another guy doing something in practice could've hurt him next year so go out on top! He has great vision, good hands, follows blockers and was patient, and was a very tough runner to tackle despite not being very big. He had quick feet and cuts, wore teams down, and had "football speed". His 40 wasn't great, but after watching all his games this year I would've thought he was one of the faster guys on the field. Go ahead and correctly accuse me of being a homer though...cuz I am!