Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Christ

Randy Moss projections?

Ok he is motivated ...... he is doing a one year deal for a low price and only wanted to go to New England!!!!! he is going to have a better year tehn he has in the last 3....... tom brady passes for over 4000yards and guess what Moss will get at least 1200 of those...... did you read any of tom bradys reaction when the deal was done he is excited as well........ Moss will be a top 10 wr again not sold on a top 5 but I would draft him if he was there in the 3rd round..... i can see 90 catches 1200 yards and 10-12 tds

:( ................ :( .................. :cry: .............................. :o ................................... :lol:

20% chance of top 3

15% of 4-8ish

25% chance of 8-12 or a bad #1

20% chance of number 2 numbers

20% chance of him being either injured or suspended/kicked of team

I would draft him as a 6-10 WR in a nonppr redraft just because of the huge upside i see for him, its a gamble, but imo its one that i feel is worth it. I was laughed in both of my 2 fantasy baseball leagues for taking bonds in the 6th. But I like that pick now, he was a risk, but he had a large upside also, I realize the gamble with moss, but if you dont think that there is a slight possibility of him blowing up when it is being reported that he is running 4.29 and 4.30 40's and playing for a contract, and playing for a contender, and playing with a stud qb, and a running game that is one of the best he has played with, then you are the foolish one.

so who's the guy most comparable to Randy Moss? TO. TO played in his 11th season last year, for a new team, with 2 new QBs, with damaged fingers, and no training camp prep, with 'suicidal tendencies', in a huge pressure cooker, for a winning team, under the limelight and for a Head Coach who had, thru last season only ever had ONE SINGLE WR ever catch 10 TDs in a season. It was the typical love-hate TO pre-season FF forecast. The guy played with his typical TO attitude, dropped passes every week, WITHOUT 4.3 speed and WITHOUT Tom Brady........and STILL had 85 catches, nearly 1200 yds and 13TDs! Moss with will play next year with the golden boy and do similar things. think otherwise if you choose.

so who's the guy most comparable to Randy Moss? TO. TO played in his 11th season last year, for a new team, with 2 new QBs, with damaged fingers, and no training camp prep, with 'suicidal tendencies', in a huge pressure cooker, for a winning team, under the limelight and for a Head Coach who had, thru last season only ever had ONE SINGLE WR ever catch 10 TDs in a season. It was the typical love-hate TO pre-season FF forecast. The guy played with his typical TO attitude, dropped passes every week, WITHOUT 4.3 speed and WITHOUT Tom Brady........and STILL had 85 catches, nearly 1200 yds and 13TDs! Moss with will play next year with the golden boy and do similar things. think otherwise if you choose.

When was TO's play on the field ever in question?

Off the field there have been comparisons at times...but on the field TO has always given 100%.

When was TO's play on the field ever in question?

Off the field there have been comparisons at times...but on the field TO has always given 100%.

Who else are you going to compare Moss to? Are you really debating whether or not TO is the closest basis of comparison to Moss? Im talking #s here, and if you like we could throw Marvin into the conversation, but he hasnt moved around to 2 other teams, nor does he have attitude/issues. I guarantee you the only other WR each of these 2 would even consider comparing themselves to would be Harrison. But with that said, they both probably view themselves as basically without comparison. Clearly Moss and TO are the MOST comparable, as is the bottom line....their #s. TO has played one more season than Moss, and his #s reflect that.

To this point......

TO :

158 games 801 catches 11715yds 14.6yd/ 114TDs

Moss:

138 games 676 catches 10700yds 15.8yd/ 101TDs

Moss is roughly one statistical season away from basically identical #s to TO. Their games arent really that comparable, nor their work ethic, nor their personalities, nor Im sure many other things, but their #s are all that Im really concerned with here. Moss is over 3 years younger than TO, and playing with a far better QB than TO dealt with last year, so the least I could expect of him would be similar #s to what Owens delivered last year. Im not questioning TO's work ethic here or comparing it to Moss'. Just keeping the #s simple, but I get your point.

Who else are you going to compare Moss to? Are you really debating whether or not TO is the closest basis of comparison to Moss? Im talking #s here, and if you like we could throw Marvin into the conversation, but he hasnt moved around to 2 other teams, nor does he have attitude/issues. I guarantee you the only other WR each of these 2 would even consider comparing themselves to would be Harrison. But with that said, they both probably view themselves as basically without comparison. Clearly Moss and TO are the MOST comparable, as is the bottom line....their #s. TO has played one more season than Moss, and his #s reflect that.

To this point......

TO :

158 games 801 catches 11715yds 14.6yd/ 114TDs

Moss:

138 games 676 catches 10700yds 15.8yd/ 101TDs

Moss is roughly one statistical season away from basically identical #s to TO. Their games arent really that comparable, nor their work ethic, nor their personalities, nor Im sure many other things, but their #s are all that Im really concerned with here. Moss is over 3 years younger than TO, and playing with a far better QB than TO dealt with last year, so the least I could expect of him would be similar #s to what Owens delivered last year. Im not questioning TO's work ethic here or comparing it to Moss'. Just keeping the #s simple, but I get your point.

Talentwise they are similar...off the field "issues" (take that however you want) they are similar.

On the field motivation....they are very far apart.

TO was still very good in Philly...he did not do there what Moss did/did not do in Oakland.

Im concerned with how he will motivate himself on the field. He can say all the right things right now...but when push comes to shove he said alot of those things before with different results on the field.

In addition, they are completely different teams...different systems...different supporting casts. That is where I think the comparison just dies.

20% chance of top 3

15% of 4-8ish

25% chance of 8-12 or a bad #1

20% chance of number 2 numbers

20% chance of him being either injured or suspended/kicked of team

I would draft him as a 6-10 WR in a nonppr redraft just because of the huge upside i see for him, its a gamble, but imo its one that i feel is worth it. I was laughed in both of my 2 fantasy baseball leagues for taking bonds in the 6th. But I like that pick now, he was a risk, but he had a large upside also, I realize the gamble with moss, but if you dont think that there is a slight possibility of him blowing up when it is being reported that he is running 4.29 and 4.30 40's and playing for a contract, and playing for a contender, and playing with a stud qb, and a running game that is one of the best he has played with, then you are the foolish one.

Please post a link to Moss running a 4.3 in the 40 - I call extreme bullsh!t.

I don't even think he was a 4.3 40 runner when he was drafted. Oh wait - that's right...he skipped the combine and never ran it - such a hard worker!

Ok, so he was 4.25 in college. That was a looooong time ago. No way in hell he runs a 4.3 right now - your rumor source would appear to be full of sh!t. That is, unless you're just making this all up. :banana:

Talentwise they are similar...off the field "issues" (take that however you want) they are similar.

On the field motivation....they are very far apart.

TO was still very good in Philly...he did not do there what Moss did/did not do in Oakland.

Im concerned with how he will motivate himself on the field. He can say all the right things right now...but when push comes to shove he said alot of those things before with different results on the field.

In addition, they are completely different teams...different systems...different supporting casts. That is where I think the comparison just dies.

again differences aside, and of course there are many, the #s dont lie and THEY are not very different. Last I checked Oakland didnt have Donovan McNabb, an All-Pro QB throwing Moss the ball for 2 years while he was there. They had a bunch of scrubs and one of the worst offenses in NFL history. Concern yourself with Moss' motivation, but why? Corey Dillon went to New England and had the greatest single season of his career. Oh right, he's a running back and Moss is a receiver. differences, differences. when you stop to think about it, everything and everyone is different, including our opinions. You honestly think Moss is going to lack motivation playing with Brady and a team that close to the Superbowl? Ill stand on the oppostite side of that fence. Moss is an all-timer, and what he's about to do is cement his legacy as so. He's been largely a knucklehead in many ways to this point, but everyone is capable of change. but keep up the downsizing, and with any luck you can get him in the 4th or 5th round this year.....which seems like a pretty admirable goal.

++ FS, on the speed. I dont know how fast the guy runs now, or how fast he ran coming out, but no doubt he's not quite as fast. Having said that, ask any DB around the league who the fastest receiver in the league is, and most of them tell you Moss still is. I saw a clip of DeAngelo Hall just the other day making that exact statement. bottom line there is the guy's still fast, he still burns by most DBs with the same height and hops he's always had, and playing on turf in New England unlike that heavy sod he was running around on there in Oakland. throw in the Brady factor, and this is going to be another landmark year for Moss. By the way, Im likin' those Niners this year.

Please post a link to Moss running a 4.3 in the 40 - I call extreme bullsh!t.

I don't even think he was a 4.3 40 runner when he was drafted. Oh wait - that's right...he skipped the combine and never ran it - such a hard worker!

Ok, so he was 4.25 in college. That was a looooong time ago. No way in hell he runs a 4.3 right now - your rumor source would appear to be full of sh!t. That is, unless you're just making this all up. :ninja:

NFL Network reported today that Moss held a workout for the Pats and passed his physical. During that workout they reported that he ran a 4.28 and 4.29 40....I'd say his healthy!!!

NFL Network reported today that Moss held a workout for the Pats and passed his physical. During that workout they reported that he ran a 4.28 and 4.29 40....I'd say his healthy!!!

I don't believe this at all. I searched on this when I first heard it, and essentially one reporter in Boston wrote that he posted a 4.29 time at the workout and everyone's run with that since. Except they all say, "reportedly ran a 4.29" - they say that because no one from the Pats has actually released his 40 time.

Please find me a link to something from the New England Patriots saying that Moss ran a sub 4.3 in the 40. I think it's laughable to believe that Moss runs as fast now as he did in college.

while this IS the rumor that's floated around...

Belichick was interviewed on local Boston sports radio (on the Monday after the draft) and he was asked about the rumored 40 time.

His response was something along the lines of (paraphrase):

"well... thing with Randy didn't really get going until Sat. night before day 2... He flew all night Sat. night to get here for a physical so that once the draft got going we'd know where we stood... I just don't know when this 40 time was supposedly taken. He flew all night, came in here and spent all morning getting checked out and then we were on the clock. You guys should know better than to believe the media (laughs)

Later reports claim the Belichick has told Moss to be prepared to play more than one position (i.e. you ain't lining up wide and running go-patterns all day).

As a Pats fan, I fully believe Moss will have more to do on this team than just catch bombs.

And I don't believe he ran a 4.29 for anyone in NE.

"well... thing with Randy didn't really get going until Sat. night before day 2... He flew all night Sat. night to get here for a physical so that once the draft got going we'd know where we stood... I just don't know when this 40 time was supposedly taken. He flew all night, came in here and spent all morning getting checked out and then we were on the clock. You guys should know better than to believe the media (laughs)

And I don't believe he ran a 4.29 for anyone in NE.

exactly. it's a pile of crap. Moss has been hampered over the years by groin, quad and hamstring issues - he has been known as one of the least conditioned athletes in the NFL, having benefitted from great natural gifts and taking it for granted for years.

Now we're suppossed to believe that he's running at or better than his college time after flying across the country during the NFL draft? Please... what did they do, have him do an OJ Simpson through the airport on the way to luggage check while coaches stood there with stopwatches?

:banana:

exactly. it's a pile of crap. Moss has been hampered over the years by groin, quad and hamstring issues - he has been known as one of the least conditioned athletes in the NFL, having benefitted from great natural gifts and taking it for granted for years.

Now we're suppossed to believe that he's running at or better than his college time after flying across the country during the NFL draft? Please... what did they do, have him do an OJ Simpson through the airport on the way to luggage check while coaches stood there with stopwatches?

:thumbsup:

he's faster than even OJ! Id heard he was timed 3 times, and they were all under 4.25. this is like the Randy Moss of 1989 when he was like 12! Im telling you, youve got to believe this. he looks like Carl Lewis right now!....seriously. Ill get you a link in a couple of days......wait right here.