Sign in to follow this  
JCW412

Trade commentary

A deal has been made. I belive I got the worst of it but I have to get younger somehow.

Singman trades

Stephen Davis – 30 years old / 9 years pro

Eric Moulds – 31 / 9

Jimmy Smith – 35 / 12

to Dr. O for

Tiki Barber – 29 / 8

Kevin Johnson – 28 / 7

David Boston – 26 / 6

At least you know you got the worst of it. I don't know how many years you really shaved off and if it was really worth it. Best of luck with your career journeyman WR and davIR Buston. I rather have the Davis/Moulds/Smith as my starters even at their age rather than gamble on the Barber/Johnson/Buston. That may just be me though.

Just my thoughts - a lot of names, but only time will tell what the production will be.

A deal has been made. I belive I got the worst of it but I have to get younger somehow.

Singman trades

Stephen Davis – 30 years old / 9 years pro

Eric Moulds – 31 / 9

Jimmy Smith – 35 / 12

to Dr. O for

Tiki Barber – 29 / 8

Kevin Johnson – 28 / 7

David Boston – 26 / 6

At least you know you got the worst of it. I don't know how many years you really shaved off and if it was really worth it. Best of luck with your career journeyman WR and davIR Buston. I rather have the Davis/Moulds/Smith as my starters even at their age rather than gamble on the Barber/Johnson/Buston. That may just be me though.

Just my thoughts - a lot of names, but only time will tell what the production will be.

Tiki is not only a year younger than Davis but also more dependable and plays in a less crowded backfield (Foster). Also don't forget as good as Davis was last year and as bad as Tiki was, Tiki still outproduced Davis in our scoring system last year. I am happy with that trade off. Losing Moulds and Smith for KJ and Boston sucks but I belive KJ will be the #1 in Baltimore (not saying a whole lot) and I am willing to take a chance on Boston. Boston has all the talent in the world he is just a fruit cake. According to reports in Miami he has lost weight and done everything Miami has asked him to do. I belive this deal hinges on him. Should he right his ship to be able to produce even some of what his talent should dictate I believe I will be better off. Most have written off Buston for good reason I am just one who has not yet. :(

YUCK !

You gave up a better player at every position :thumbsup:

Davis is better than Barber or at best a tie due to PPR ( neither one is that young and both are injury prone to an extent ).

now if you would have gotten Rudi instead of barber Ic can see it - but Barber suck ass now !

Moulds is Light years better Kevin Johnson -- shaking my head alot there as to your logic

Jimmy Smith even as old as he is is better than Boston who is the #2 WR on a Running team !

Steve - usually you are pretty decent when trading - but thyis was plain awful ! Were you drunk , high , did Dr O put a VooDoo curse on you ?

all that said you pretty much sh!t canned any chance you had of winning this year -- good news is you should have a real high draft pick :banana:

just my opinion here -- but with a trade this awful I had to comment.

:banana:

YUCK !

You gave up a better player at every position :)

Davis is better than Barber or at best a tie due to PPR ( neither one is that young and both are injury prone to an extent ).

now if you would have gotten Rudi instead of barber Ic can see it - but Barber suck ass now !

Moulds is Light years better Kevin Johnson -- shaking my head alot there as to your logic

Jimmy Smith even as old as he is is better than Boston who is the #2 WR on a Running team !

Steve - usually you are pretty decent when trading - but thyis was plain awful ! Were you drunk , high , did Dr O put a VooDoo curse on you ?

all that said you pretty much sh!t canned any chance you had of winning this year -- good news is you should have a real high draft pick :banana:

just my opinion here -- but with a trade this awful I had to comment.

:)

Obviously I think I got the better of the deal, but you guys are giving Steve too hard of a time.

Barber is much more valuable than Davis. Fox has come out and said the Foster may get 50% of the carries this year, this may be coachspeak but Foster did come on strong at season's end and in the playoffs .

In a one-point per reception league, Barber is very valuable. People are foregetting that two years ago he was one of the top backs in the league, he struggled last year, but so did the Giants as a team. I guarentee Barber will finsih with more fantasy points than Davis this year.

I happen to LOVE Jimmy Smith this year, but the guy is old, so his value in a dynasty league is limited.

Boston will make or break this deal. I am not too high on him, but there is no denying his potential. A motivated Boston could be devastating.

Overall I like this deal for me as far as this year goes. My receviers were young and had upside but were unproven. Moulds and Smith gives me two guys I can start with confidence this season and still leaves m with young guys like Lelei, Branch and Mitchell.

:) I disagree alot onm Barber !

Barber had one great fantasy year becasue Fassel gave him the ball exclusivley ! Once he went back to a semi committie approach in short yardage barber was a no show again. And his fumbles are legendary. Also reports are coming out that it could be as much as a 50/50 split with Barber and Dayne as Barber will never see the end zone with Coughlin as coach ( remeber Taylor / Mack ! ) Expect Dayne or soemone else to get all the GL carries ! The only saving grace barber has is his prowess as a recivier. S. Davis is getting very over looked. granted I am a little down on him but when Healthy he will still get 20 + carries a game and all the short yardage carries for the Panthers. Personally even in a PPR league i would rather have Davis.

As for the recievers it was very lopsided as it's not even close in terms of talent. You post this on the main board and people would be laughing ! :ph34r:

Granted there have been some sh!tty trades on here -- everyone else gets called out -- sing is no different :) :banana:

OK here is what I see:

Tiki has been healthy pretty much the last 2 years. He has missed only one game and that was year before last. He had a down year as did the entire offense and he only had 2 TDs. I expect that to go up this year and into the future. The jive about Dayne and coughlin is pure bunk. Dayne is a mutt and everybody knows it, Tiki is a team leader and a warrior and Coughlin knows that. Dayne won't sniff the ball this year. The giants were their best when Tiki was getting th touches. Also don't forget this is a guy a year younger that averages almost 70 catches a season. Tiki averaged more points per game than Davis last year (even with a huge drop in his TD total) but yet people put him in stud status and put Tiki in decent #2 RB status. That is just silly. Davis is actually pretty dependable but Fox has already came out and said RBBC for Carolina this year. I don't belive that is coachspeak. Foster was drafted to play and his play so far has warranted some time. Also Davis has 1700 attempts over 8 years as opposed to Tiki's 1200 over 7 years. 500 less attempts kind of puts Tiki 2 years behind in punding.

The WR's:

This is where it sucks. Losing Jimmy smith hurts. I really like him this year with Leftwich but he is 35 years old. He isn't getting any younger and will not be around to many more years. I belive KJ will be the #1 in Baltimore this year. His only chance to be a #1 in Cleveland got him a season of 85 catches 1100 yards and 9 TD's. Cleveland then drafted some talent to surround him at the position and ended up pushing him out. His attitude there did not help much either. I don't belive Travis Taylor has the talent to be a #1. Baltimore has tried to push him into that role forever now and the best he has been able to do is 61 800 and 6and he is outplayed by the TE for crying out loud every year. I belive KJ has every oppurtunity for a fresh start in Baltimore and will be a fine #1 for that team and a fine #2 or #3 for my team.

Now onto Boston and Moulds. Moulds is a solid WR but he is 31 and like Smith is not getting any younger. The attraction for me here is not so much anything I have against Moulds or his play but the interest I have in Boston. I know everyone thinks he is a mutt and for good reason. The guy is a freak, druggy, head case, etc. But he has the talent to rival TO and Moss in this league period. When he had his head screwed on right he was leading my fantsy teams to titles and I just have a thing for him. Even last year on a run first team he started 14 games and had 70 catches for 900 yards and 7 td's. Those are the numbers he put up without even caring about football. The reports so far in Miami have him losing weight, getting faster and pretty much doing everything they have asked him to do. If he puts minimal effort he is a 90 1100 10 guy which is a pretty good #2. It probably won't happen but I feel like I need to take that chance.

Intangibles of the deal:

OK here is the thing. I was not going to win this year and I know that. Faulk is breaking down, Favre is getting old, and my WR's were not going to get me past The moz, Wuerffel, or some othet good teams. I won last year and as such the pressure on me to win is not there. I am working at a $400 profit so far and can afford to try to now build a team. I want to get younger and I want to start collecting draft picks. I belive this was a good start. Also I may have been just a little desperate to get rid of Davis as I am avoiding him like a plague this year if I can't get Foster to go with him.

Moz - As far as your comments and opinions, I don't mind. You all have every right to express your opinions. Let us not forget I wooped your ass for the title last year. I know you like to say "you got lucky blah, blah, blah" but whatever your money spent just as well as any. I also don't mind if the mainboard would laugh at this trade. Most of the mainboarders are goof balls who don't have a clue and are a bunch of sheep. Let us not forget the Antoine Womack craze. My advice is to stop following the herd and form your own opinions and not just the ones spoon fed to you from the mainboard. I have my opinions about this trade and you have yours and it is okay if they are different but I will take my chances.

BTW - I am still looking to deal so if anyone likes any of my players let me know.

Steve -- you know i'm just giving yuo a hard time -- nothing personal dude !

Hell I made a sh!t ass trade myself trading away Rudi which I am still kicking myself for as i could have had Portis, Dillon, Rudi and Westbrook as my RB's this year :wall:

PS -- I do legit think this was the wrost trade of league's history -- next to only the fleecing of Uncle paul , and Capn giving away Ahman green , and my dumbassedness in giving away Rudi ! :wall: -- but hey I thought Hambrick would get 1,200 yards and 12 TD's too :ph34r:

Steve -- you did kick my ass last year ! Granted my best player was out , and harrison decided not to show up :ph34r: :wall:

As for the best etam -- despite the acquistions and trades I have made I still think Wuerffel is the team to beat - followed by JCW and me pretty much in a tie for 2nd. and Christgs still has a great team along with Shox who should explode.

Should be an intresting year as there are at least 7 teams with a good shot at it.

Steve -- you know i'm just giving yuo a hard time -- nothing personal dude !

Hell I made a sh!t ass trade myself trading away Rudi which I am still kicking myself for as i could have had Portis, Dillon, Rudi and Westbrook as my RB's this year :wall:

PS -- I do legit think this was the wrost trade of league's history -- next to only the fleecing of Uncle paul , and Capn giving away Ahman green , and my dumbassedness in giving away Rudi ! :wall: -- but hey I thought Hambrick would get 1,200 yards and 12 TD's too :ph34r:

I don't take it personal. As I have stated everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would not try to stifle it. So let me get this straight. Was it the worst or the 4th worst trade?

Steve -- you did kick my ass last year ! Granted my best player was out , and harrison decided not to show up :ph34r: :wall:

As for the best etam -- despite the acquistions and trades I have made I still think Wuerffel is the team to beat - followed by JCW and me pretty much in a tie for 2nd. and Christgs still has a great team along with Shox who should explode.

Should be an intresting year as there are at least 7 teams with a good shot at it.

I started off having Faulk, Davis, Dillon, and Griffin for RB's. At that point I would have had a chance to "seriously" compete this year. I decided to go a different route when I traded Dillon for Stephen Jackson to get younger. That is when I made my choice to only somewhat forgo this year and build a better younger team.

To clarify IMO that was the worst trade !

As for your team -- I think you had a team that could of contended but not gotten past the wild card. You did the right thing in trying to go young now while you could still get something. You will get a very high draft pick and if SJ pans out and Boston regains his old form as well as Kevin Johnson you are looking decent for 05 -- though chances of that are pretty long. You still should have gotten younger !

Also when you have something to trade always talk to me ! As I might of given you alot more for what you ended up dealing -- same for when Capn traded Green. future note.

I just want to say this is one of the reasons I like this league. A lot of teams stick out their neck on trades and are not afraid to speak up on their opinions on trades and such. Keep up the good work guys, I like to see it.

Singman I am jealous that you took the lead on me on the "Moz's list of worst trades". I guess I have some work to do. :wall:

As for your team -- I think you had a team that could of contended but not gotten past the wild card. You did the right thing in trying to go young now while you could still get something. You will get a very high draft pick and if SJ pans out and Boston regains his old form as well as Kevin Johnson you are looking decent for 05 -- though chances of that are pretty long. You still should have gotten younger !

Also when you have something to trade always talk to me ! As I might of given you alot more for what you ended up dealing -- same for when Capn traded Green. future note.

I still want to trade now.

As for your team -- I think you had a team that could of contended but not gotten past the wild card.  You did the right thing in trying to go young now while you could still get something.    You will get a very high draft pick and if SJ pans out and Boston regains his old form  as well as Kevin Johnson  you are looking decent for 05  -- though chances of that are pretty long.  You still should have gotten younger ! 

Also when you have something to trade always talk to me !  As I might of given you alot more for what you ended up dealing -- same for when Capn traded Green.    future note.

I still want to trade now.

Trade what :unsure: ?

The only thing of serious value you have is Steven Jackson and you will be holding onto him for dear life for the future !

i might have some intrest in Horn If I do I will let you know in a few days

Steve officially made the worst trade in this leagues history and one of the worst I have ever seen !

Steve - don't trade drunk

It's a Tip !!!

Steve officially made the worst trade in this leagues history and one of the worst I have ever seen !

It's a Tip !!!

I told ya so!

It's a Tip !!!

I told ya so!

Steve if can't give the former champ a little ribbing who can we !!! :D :lol:

actually though with my track record watch Barber return to the 02 form and KJ return to the way he was his 3rd year SD get hurt, Moulds contionue last years slump, and Jimmy Smith get arrested again for Cocaine :wall: :wall:

SD get hurt, Moulds contionue last years slump, and Jimmy Smith get arrested again for Cocaine :headbanger: :wall:

:mad:

SD get hurt, Moulds contionue last years slump, and Jimmy Smith get arrested again for Cocaine  :bandana:  :wall:

:mad:

:D

:headbanger:

Honestly you pulled the biggest coup in the leagues short history ! congrats

My deal with Moz:

I belive I get better at QB and WR but lose a bit at RB. I belive I help Moz get a little stronger at RB but I gotta try to improve my team as well. Gamers taught me that! :cry:

If Porter goes off like I think he might I really like my end of the deal !

I think the deal also make Simgman competitive.

seems good for all involved -- it was the biggest trade in volume and talent in league history :shocking:

My deal with Moz:

I belive I get better at QB and WR but lose a bit at RB. I belive I help Moz get a little stronger at RB but I gotta try to improve my team as well. Gamers taught me that! :lol:

Too bad my small glimpse of hope went "up in smoke" when RW quit :shocking:

At least I will have a lot of good running backs to pick from in next years rookie draft.

Moz, you really wanted to unload Jackson.

I think you offered him to me in at least 2 different trades. Not too high on him?

The trade benefited both in different positions. I would give the 'now' edge to Moz and 'future' edge to singman.

Moz, you really wanted to unload Jackson.

I think you offered him to me in at least 2 different trades. Not too high on him?

The trade benefited both in different positions. I would give the 'now' edge to Moz and 'future' edge to singman.

Was not that high on Darrell Jackson - IMO his has reached his peak and is a FF # 2 WR at his best.

Jerry Porter could end up being a #1 as he is alot more talented than D-Jax and finally is starting -- he could be a bust but I am willing to take the chance.

All in all The only part I feel I lost in was QB -- at RB I think I got the better of it as well as WR . But we will see. I actually hope it works out for both of us.

as far as

Me getting the now edge and Sing gettign the future edge i tink you have that reversed ? I am the one getting the young guys ( except QB )

TIA

[as far as

Me getting the now edge and Sing gettign the future edge i tink you have that reversed ? I am the one getting the young guys ( except QB )

My bad, got it mixed up.

I like Porter, too, traded for him in another league.