Sign in to follow this  
famousb

What will be longer: Vick's suspension or jail sentence?

Which one's longer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Jail Sentence or Suspension

• Jail Sentence
    • NFL Suspension

sure he hasn't been convicted yet, but it's been reported they already had enough evidence to indict him - which means that are simply waiting to get enough to make certain he can't get off easy. Now witnesses, and possible video evidence, put him at the house during dog fights... so not only is it his house where the dog fights occured, he knew they were happening and was there when they happened. So you figure you can easily add illegal gambling on the charges, as well as possibly adding running an illegal gambling ring... oh, and don't forget the part where he lied to the authorities by saying he rarely visited the property and didn't know of the dog fighting...

he's definitely going to be Bubba's biatch...

but which is longer, jail sentence or suspension??

my vote is jail sentence cause the NFL will just forget about him cause he'll be too old to play when he gets out. :banana: :banana:

I went with NFL suspension

1 year NFL suspension

90 days with Big Bubba in his Butt.

I went with NFL suspension

1 year NFL suspension

90 days with Big Bubba in his Butt.

i don't know... dog fighting is a feloney in VA, punishable by up to 5 years in prison. and who knows what connective charges they could add to tack on some time...

now, i doubt he gets the full 5, but it would have to be a pretty good plea bargain to get off on less than 6 months IMHO...

From what I've seen of the American judicial system, professional athletes seem to have a different rulebook (see OJ, Kobe, etc.). That's why I voted for the suspension.

From what I've seen of the American judicial system, professional athletes seem to have a different rulebook (see OJ, Kobe, etc.). That's why I voted for the suspension.

ah, but OJ and Kobe were both revered as role models on and off the field before their incidents. Vick's image has been on a steady downward spiral for some time now, and if it wasn't for 'the michael vick' experience he probably wouldn't have any fans...

ah, but OJ and Kobe were both revered as role models on and off the field before their incidents. Vick's image has been on a steady downward spiral for some time now, and if it wasn't for 'the michael vick' experience he probably wouldn't have any fans...

This I agree with. Vick has burned through a nice chunk of his good kharma. He's been in the public eye repeatedly with his poor judgment and his questionable character shining brightly. His brother has shown himself to be a punk and the people in the house running the dog fighting ring included cousins, so there's a family history of knuckleheadedness. Add in the fact that while we Americans love us some violence, we on the whole don't tolerate abuse on those that have no hope of defending themselves, ie children and animals. Add a dose of material evidence to the pot and I think Ronnie's going to do some time.

From the NFL's standpoint; his image has taken a beating and he doesn't make a very attractive face of a franchise anymore. His novelty has worn off, the playoff win in Lambeau was a long time ago, and his completion percentage sucks.

But, justice is blind, right?

Vick will spend more time in jail when this is said and done.

The question is, will he be suspended by the NFL or by Bubba game in the season opener??

I'd be suprised to ever see him play for the Falcons again.

Worthless post.

\He wont get either a suspension or a jail sentence, it s so obvious that he will get away with it.

Worthless post.

\He wont get either a suspension or a jail sentence, it s so obvious that he will get away with it.

doubt it: Two Words- Jamal Lewis. Went to jail for a while, though he did get to chose when he went

Vick, is in way deeper considering we are looking at drugs, gambling, cruelty to animals etc

I'm going to go with the suspension. If they can actually prove he was deeply involved and lied about his involvement, the commish has got to hit him with at least a year, I'd think. My only concern is since Vick is a big draw in the NFL, he might get less. If that happens, my respect for Goodell will go down considerably.

I don't think he'll get a full year in jail, though. Just a hunch on that one. I don't really know how tough those kind of laws are. Heck, I didn't even know such an activity existed before this whole thing. I'd heard about c0ck fighting, but never dog fighting. :thumbsup:

Heck, I didn't even know such an activity existed before this whole thing. I'd heard about c0ck fighting, but never dog fighting. :thumbsup:

I didn't know any of the specifics. I read that they found treadmills at the place used exclusively for training the dogs. Treadmills?!?!

I didn't know any of the specifics. I read that they found treadmills at the place used exclusively for training the dogs. Treadmills?!?!

Are you kidding? Treadmills? :lol:

What kind of person finds this kind of thing entertaining? Someone actually said one day, "Hey. Lets gets us some dogs together, get 'em all riled and up and see which ones win in a fight. Hell, we could even gamble on it." There are some odd, odd people out there.

Are you kidding? Treadmills? :thumbsup:

I've heard of Pitbulls training with treadmills from a couple of black dudes I used to work with. They swear by it and say that the dogs love it. Apparently, it's a fairly common practice, as is dogfighting in "urban" circles.

Nothing better than watching two vicious dogs literally tear each other into shreds. Grab that neck dog, rip out buster's throat b/c I'm betting on you. If you don't win your dead. If you do win, you get to do it again until you die.

:thumbsup:

The Vick rule says that he finds a way out of any jail time. Maybe he can go to middle schools and tell kids about the evil that is the chronic. He could even smoke some, just so they could smell what its like, and know to avoid it. Hmmm...mayb not.

Maybe he could teach kids about safe sex. He could use his own herpes infected self as an example of what not to do with strange women. No, no, no. That won't work at all.

Maybe he could do some PSAs for PETA about caring for your animals...ok, never mind. I guess he's just got to break out the wallet and drop straight cash on the judge, the prosecutor and a juror or two (if they even file charges against him.

Zero jail time, 4 game suspension (the NFL needs to eat, right?)

Law don't go around here, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law just don't go around here if you're rich

Vick will get maybe 4 games and not a day in jail !

HIs relatives will take the fall for hom knowing if Vick goes down so does there free meal ticket !

Zero jail time, 4 game suspension (the NFL needs to eat, right?)

Sure he's a novelty and is exciting to watch, but the NFL will survive just fine without Mr. Vick. Do you think one less person will watch a Monday night game because Vick isn't playing?

We are talking about dog fighting, right? Maybe some gambling on the side? Call me crazy, but something tells me this gets a plea bargin with less than 6 months tops, unless the DA is ego driven and looking to make a name for himself.

If real evidence like video is released that proves he is guilty and not just some chump saying I saw Vick one time at a dog fight ...... He deserves to go away for a long while. If he is guilty I hope his new boyfriend will practice safe sex because Ron Mexico is packin heat :P

Sure he's a novelty and is exciting to watch, but the NFL will survive just fine without Mr. Vick. Do you think one less person will watch a Monday night game because Vick isn't playing?

The 4 game suspension I am going with is based on the NFL not wanting to hurt itself and the Atlanta franchise.

Nationally, Vick remains one of the most popular NFL stars. Every time I go to the mall or out shopping somewhere, there is a guy or kid with a Vick jersey on. Not occasionally, not sometimes, pretty much every time. White kids, black kids, doesn't matter. Vick sells, and the NFL will remember that when the commissioner is handing out some arbitrary, justiceless and likely irrational suspension.

Some backup lineman or special teams WR would already have a lifetime ban for the sh*t Vick has gotten away with. 4 Games.

The 4 game suspension I am going with is based on the NFL not wanting to hurt itself and the Atlanta franchise.

Nationally, Vick remains one of the most popular NFL stars. Every time I go to the mall or out shopping somewhere, there is a guy or kid with a Vick jersey on. Not occasionally, not sometimes, pretty much every time. White kids, black kids, doesn't matter. Vick sells, and the NFL will remember that when the commissioner is handing out some arbitrary, justiceless and likely irrational suspension.

Some backup lineman or special teams WR would already have a lifetime ban for the sh*t Vick has gotten away with. 4 Games.

Do you live in Atlanta. I never see Vick jerseys in So Cal

The illegal gambling might get the IRS invovled and tack on more Jail time.,If Vick is directly linked with it.

Something just isn't right upstairs with people who enjoy this garbage :thumbsdown: