Sign in to follow this  
Thin Spirit

Fantasy Baseball Question

Very, very deep league I'm in... 18 teams, 2 bench spots... scoring is as follows...

R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, IP, W, L, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I'm sitting in third place with a team that looks like this;

C - Michael Barrett

1B - Adrian Gonzalez

2B - Brandon Phillips

3B - Mark Teahen

SS - Khalil Green

LF - Hideki Matsui

CF - Shane Victorino

RF - Vlad Guerrero

Util - Hunter Pence

BN - Barry Bonds

BN - Ty Wigginton

SP - Roy Oswalt

SP - Scott Kazmir

SP - Barry Zito

SP - Micah Owings

RP - Brian Fuentes

RP - JJ Putz

p - Casey Janssen

P - Dustin Moseley

P - Doug Brocail

DL - Henry Owens

DL - Josh Johnson

Got offered a trade of Carlos Guillen for Brian Fuentes. I'm tempted to make the deal but I'm already in the upper half of the league in offense, but I'm lacking in the pitching numbers. Would you make this deal?

Ryan Madson is out on the WW, any word on if he'll close out games for the Phillies from here on out... or how long Myers is out?

Very, very deep league I'm in... 18 teams, 2 bench spots... scoring is as follows...

R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, IP, W, L, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I'm sitting in third place with a team that looks like this;

C - Michael Barrett

1B - Adrian Gonzalez

2B - Brandon Phillips

3B - Mark Teahen

SS - Khalil Green

LF - Hideki Matsui

CF - Shane Victorino

RF - Vlad Guerrero

Util - Hunter Pence

BN - Barry Bonds

BN - Ty Wigginton

SP - Roy Oswalt

SP - Scott Kazmir

SP - Barry Zito

SP - Micah Owings

RP - Brian Fuentes

RP - JJ Putz

p - Casey Janssen

P - Dustin Moseley

P - Doug Brocail

DL - Henry Owens

DL - Josh Johnson

Got offered a trade of Carlos Guillen for Brian Fuentes. I'm tempted to make the deal but I'm already in the upper half of the league in offense, but I'm lacking in the pitching numbers. Would you make this deal?

Ryan Madson is out on the WW, any word on if he'll close out games for the Phillies from here on out... or how long Myers is out?

No. Fuentes is a very good closer who will get shelled from time to time in COL (roasting your WHIP & ERA in 5X5 or costing you points in points league), while Guillen is RAKING lately.

What you need to do is drop the injured but returning Owens and add Gregg - the Marlins announced that even when Owens comes back, Gregg will remain the closer due to his 12 innings of 1 run ball. He stapped up and grabbed the job.

Good luck!

Guillen is such an improvement over Greene that normally I'd say do it, specially since I don't value closers as much as other owners.

BUT, Fuentes has 30 saves each of the last two years and is cruising again this year with 10 saves this month alone. Makes the decision

easy, keep him.

Yer team sux :cheers:

it sux in that they have the IP category instead of holds. Normally in leagues this size I'd skip closers entirely and use those picks on

other players while picking up holds guys in the last round so that every week you go 1-1 in those two categories.

Not a bad idea to upgrade Greene, but don't give Fuentes to do it. Perhaps you could move one of your outfielders.

I think Fuentes would be too high of a price to pay.

Madson is part of the 3 headed, 31 finger closer monster in phily..him, suckass geary and al-fon-six-a...

madsons clearly the better guy...myers couldnt be out for awhile..how did he hurt it? swinging and missing his woman?...

fuentes gets his saves..but he annoys me to watch...so erratic...

i wouldnt do it if u alreayd have offense...i would do it for another arm perhaps..

pick up bruan..or gallardo when he gets called up next week... :dunno: