Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Bomb's jetdoc mock analysis

Disclaimer - None of this is a shot at any of the drafters. Just trying to judge as wholy and fairly as I can. Apologies in advance if something comes off as too harsh. We all know that I have strong opinions about draft strategies and players. I don't find my opinion valid or worth sharing unless I do it honestly. Without further ado...

Vikings4ever

8.12 Jay Cutler, QB DEN

11.01 Steve McNair, QB BAL

1.01 LaDanian Tomlinson, RB KCC

3.01 Cedric Benson, RB CHI

4.12 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

9.01 Michael Turner, RB SDC

10.12 Brandon Jackson, RB GBP

2.12 Torry Holt, WR STL

5.01 Darrell Jackson, WR SFO

6.12 Jericho Cotchery, WR NYJ

7.01 Kellen Winslow, WR CLE

Overall - It's hard to dislike a team too much when it starts with LT2 and Holt both. And while I don't care for Benson personally, the RB depth and quality on this team is very good. But the WRs after Holt leave much to the imagination, and this is the worst QB tandem in the league if you ask me. I fear that this team would rely too much on LT2 having a big week to get the win each Sunday.

What I Liked - I liked the first four picks. Again I don't care for Benson, but everyone proclaimed this team the victor after you teamed him up with LT2 and Holt, and Lewis was a really solid pick too. I have to wonder how much better your team would look if you had Holt and Wayne with Lewis as your starter, but that would've left you pretty thin at RB, and there's no way you could've known someone like Lewis would be available that late. I also liked both of the late RB pickups.

What I Disliked - Anything other than Holt and the RBs, honestly. Do you realize this team has only one player who had 1000 yards receiving last year? I don't have a big problem with DJax, but I do think he is a question mark in a new less-WR-friendly system and with the injury problems. I really didn't like the 6/7 turn though. Cotchery isn't bad but he had 950/6 last year and I expect those numbers down not up off a career year. The Winslow pick still baffles me. I don't know how he gets picked there 2-3 rounds too early, and I especially don't know how you passed on QBs like Leinart, Romo, Eli, and other starter-caliber guys. I actually really like Cutler and the Broncos, but I would never rely on him as my starter, and Steve McNair has really never been more than an average fantasy backup. I believe that the lack of production at QB and at WR after Holt would really doom this team in the end unless LT2 repeats last year's numbers.

Grade on Drafting from the 1 Spot - C-

thedanzone

8.11 Brett Favre, QB GBP

10.11 JaMarcus Russell, QB OAK

11.02 Chad Pennington, QB NYJ

1.02 Steven Jackson, RB STL

2.11 Thomas Jones, RB NYJ

7.02 Lamont Jordan, RB OAK

9.02 DeShaun Foster, RB CAR

3.02 Reggie Wayne, WR IND

4.11 Hines Ward, WR PIT

5.02 Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ

6.11 Joey Galloway, WR TBB

Overall - Overall this looks like a playoff team to me. There are no huge glaring holes, a good amount of balance, and a lot of familiar strong fantasy names. Unfortunately, I would also have to say that this looks like an early-exiter in the fantasy playoffs. I know your draft tendency is to draft known quantities more often than not, and as usual, that leaves me feeling a lack of upside to really go for the championship.

What I Liked - I liked the first three picks, a great way to start off. Thomas Jones is probably as solid a pick as any second round RB so it's nice to get him so late. I like the RB depth too, where the only real upside on your team exists. And like I said, I like the overall feel of this team to put up a contending score each week.

What I Disliked - I don't think the QB situation is a disaster, but I think inconsistency there is going to hurt this team all season. Favre is just too hit or miss as he nears the end of his career, and the misses are far more frquent than the hits these days. He hasn't been a reliable fantasy starter the last two years, and I just don't see good reason for that to change. And there's not much in the cupboard if Favre starts struggling or gets benched. I don't see Russell as worth being drafted, and Pennington puts up a boring 175/1 just about every week. Where I would've done differnetly was switching out either Ward or Coles for a QB like Brees (as you said, but gone already) or McNabb. Because you got Galloway later, your WRs would still have have been pretty strong, and your QB situation would have been far better. Plus both Ward and Coles are the known-quantity low-upside types that I was talking about. Making that switch instead turns this team into a serious title contender imo.

Grade on Drafting from the 2 Spot - B+

Fumbleweed

3.03 Carson Palmer, QB CIN

6.10 Jon Kitna, QB DET

1.03 Larry Johnson, RB KCC

4.10 Marion Barber III, RB DAL

5.03 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN

2.10 Marvin Harrison, WR IND

7.03 Bernard Berrian, WR CHI

8.10 Vincent Jackson, WR SDC

9.03 Alge Crumpler, WR ATL

10.10 Brandon Marshall, WR DEN

11.03 Joe Horn, WR ATL

Overall - I hate to say it, but this team just doesn't sit too well with me. On the hand, I love seeing a potential top 3 player at each position. Those three alone will keep you in competition most weeks. On the other hand, I really don't care for almost anything you did with the team outside of those three picks. It has largely to do with your drafting style that we so often talk about, I think, but I still just am not really buying it as a whole.

What I Liked - I liked the top three, as I said. I talked about how I would've probably taken Jones or Benson at 2.10 and gotten Harrison or Wayne at 3.3, but I know you like Harrison significantly more and he was the #1 WR last year. And while 3.3 is high for me to take a QB, Palmer is my #1 this year so I don't have a huge problem with it. Those top three on your roster can explode, any of them, any given week.

What I Disliked - First, I'm not sure I buy into the RB2 platoon. I think that passing on Jamal Lewis for a pair of potential RBBC guys was a mistake, and while the upshot on both of them is clear, I just have to wonder how fun it will be to try to pick the right one each week. I personally think AP will be a star but I'm not sure how quickly, and I'm a homer. I also disliked the Kitna pick. We won't go down that road again, and I know the guys you wanted were gone, but I looked at a schedule and don't see more than 3 weeks where you even consider starting Kitna. I think that killed your RB depth and/or WR quality. The WRs on this team would make me sick to my stomach going into the season trying to find a 2nd and 3rd starter each week. I can buy Berrian in the 7th with his hot start last year, but as a WR2 it really frightens me. I'm not sure I want to count on any Atlanta receiver, let alone two. And the potential on Jackson and Marshall are both obvious, but both are so raw and I'm not sure ready for fantasy primetime yet at all. I would worry a lot with this team. I'd worry that if LJ ever went down -- and he's the most likely candidate with his huge workload -- my team is completely and totally done. And I'd worry that I don't really have any good WR2 or WR3 and no real conceivable trade bait to fix the problem until at least midseason, and then only if some of the young potentials explode.

Grade on Drafting from the 3 Spot - D - As politely as I can say it, it's just a difference of opinions on building a team. I would really feel badly about my team if this was what I had to go to battle with each week. But I know your thoughts on a 2nd QB early, easily finding WRs late, etc... I just disagree with them so I'm bound to not like your team.

remote controller

4.09 Drew Brees, QB NOS

10.09 Jake Delhomme, QB CAR

1.04 Frank Gore, RB SFO

2.09 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAX

5.04 Ahman Green, RB HOU

7.04 Kevin Jones, RB DET

3.04 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI

6.09 Chris Chambers, WR MIA

8.09 Greg Jennings, WR GBP

9.04 DJ Hackett, WR SEA

11.04 Chris Cooley, WR WAS

Overall - Overall I see guys to like on this team but nothing I can get super excited about. It looks like a team that contends and falls just short of the playoffs. I will say that there's obvious huge upside on both top RBs so if one or both really hit, it's obviously a contender, but we both know that I don't see that happening.

What I Liked - Honestly not a ton, but it is more a difference on player opinions than styles. Gore, MJD, and Brees are all solid picks but I would rather have had Alexander, Jones, and McNabb. I liked the Chambers and Jennings picks later on, and I thought Delhomme was an excellent pickup that late. Hackett has some nice upside for sure too.

What I Disliked - I'll give you a hint, he has the initials MJD. Honestly, I just was shocked to see him so high, but after looking aound, I see he's just going to be going there. So be it, I just don't buy the hype. Other than differences on player opinions, the only draft move I didn't like was the 4/5 turn. I don't mind Brees or Ahman as picks there, but both of them together after you'd already gone RB/RB to start your draft left you fairly weak at WR. To me, you can use a top 5 round pick on either a QB or a good backup RB. It's tough for me to get on board with both, but I liked your WR picks later enough to mostly make up for that.

Grade on Drafting from the 4 Spot - B - Again, I don't like this team much, but it's a difference of opinion on players. With your spot and players likely to be available, it was a solid job.

more to come...

Shane Falco

5.05 Donovan McNabb, QB PHI

8.08 Philip Rivers, QB SDC

1.05 Shaun Alexander, RB SEA

2.08 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

6.08 Fred Taylor, RB JAX

11.05 Tony Hunt, RB PHI

3.05 Roy Williams, WR DET

4.08 Randy Moss, WR NEP

7.05 Donte Stallworth, WR NEP

9.05 Kevin Curtis, WR PHI

10.08 Drew Bennett, WR STL

Overall - I actually like this team pretty well overall. You did a nice job from the 5 spot, and I think this team would be a serious playoff contender. The only problem I have is that I don't care too much for the receivers you have, especially in combination.

What I Liked - I love getting Alexander at 5. I love getting Bush at 2.8. I love getting McNabb at 5.5. I love getting Fred Taylor in the late 6th. Those were all fantastic picks that really set your team up at QB and RB. I also liked the late WR upside combo of Curtis and Bennett.

What I Disliked - I don't like the WR combos. I can't really sit here and argue with Moss at 4.8 as I don't expect him to go that late in a real draft, and his upside is undeniable, but I just don't see him as much different than Stallworth this year. You drafted Stallworth in the right place, but I can't imagine ever starting both him and Moss together... but you don't really have the option. I like Roy but not as much as you, so adding his streaky WR play to Moss and Stallworth worries me that the corps as a whole could bottom out some weeks. Again I don't really have a problem with any of those top 3 WRs where they were taken, I just don't like them all together too much. Then again, if Roy and Moss both do what you expect, this is the champion.

Grade on Drafting from the 5 Spot - A- - Great job!

Clash of the Titans

7.06 Matt Hasslebeck, QB SEA

9.06 Ben Rothlisberger, QB PIT

1.06 Brian Westbrook, RB PHI

3.06 Deuce McAllister, RB NOS

5.06 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR

8.07 Ladell Betts, RB WAS

2.07 Terrell Owens, WR DAL

4.07 Plaxico Burress, WR NYG

6.07 Santana Moss, WR WAS

10.07 Vernon Davis, WR SFO

11.06 Ronald Curry, WR OAK

Overall - I actually like this team quite a bit for the most part. I think it's a serious contender with big upside, and it's not a team I would ever want to play. With the guys you have all together, it could also bottom out some weeks, but I think this team is a title contender.

What I Liked - Mostly everything. I absolutely loved TO at 2.7, I think he explodes this year. I also really loved DeAngelo at 5.6, especially to your team. Both your top two RBs are solid but have serious injury risks, so getting a dependable 3rd back was essential, and you really did it. I really liked Big Ben as a good backup choice where you got him as wel.

What I Disliked - I definitely wouldn't have passed on Addai for Westbrook. And I wouldn't have taken Hasselbeck over Leinart or Romo. But other than those slight player preferences, my only problem is a lack of WR depth. All three of your starters will probably miss 1-3 games at some point this season and you have pretty much nothing once they do. I understand using the 8th on Betts but with your RB depth already, I would have rather seen a good WR4 there.

Grade on Drafting from the 6 Spot - A - And it's an A+ if it's Addai in the first. Super job!

Jetdoc

5.07 Marc Bulger, QB STL

12.06 Byron Leftwich, QB JAX

1.07 Joseph Addai, RB IND

4.06 Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF

6.06 LenDale White, RB TEN

7.07 Vernand Morency, RB GBP

2.06 Steve Smith, WR CAR

3.07 Anquan Boldin, WR ARI

8.06 Muhsin Muhammad, WR CHI

9.07 Santonio Holmes, WR PIT

10.06 Derrick Mason, WR BAL

11.07 Michael Clayton, WR TBB

Overall - Overall, this is a team that scares me. And not in a good way. The RB crew has less than 500 touches combined in their career, and that is a scary site. There are also injury ?s scattered all over this roster. Potential to explode or implode, but I definitely lean toward the implode side.

What I Liked - Well I loved getting Addai at 1.7. And I really liked the picks of Holmes and Mason late to help bolster your WR group. I didn't agree with choosing either Smith or Boldin when you did over some other options, but you built a very solid WR crew.

What I Disliked - I don't like the QB combo. I think Bulger was too early because he has to meet last year's numbers to merit that pick, and with Leftwich always getting hurt too, there's a 75% shot you will have no QB at some point this year. What I really am stunned by is the RB youth, though. I love Addai, don't get me wrong. But the other three all seemed early to me, and they all seem like guys I really wouldn't want to be counting on. Lynch over some of the available options was a very questionable move to me, and it remains to be seen whether White or Morency even see the field much. You could have 4 good young workhorses, or you could have 3 mediocre young backs on awful teams. Guess which side I lean toward? :thumbsdown: I guess some of this is player preference, but I think this team relies too much on upside. Picks like Bulger, Smith, and Lynch need to perform at their highest upside level to merit where you took them, and that is usually a recipe for disaster imo.

Grade on Drafting from the 7 Spot - D+

robb

2.05 Peyton Manning, QB IND

10.05 Alex Smith, QB SFO

1.08 Willie Parker, RB PIT

3.08 Cadillac Williams, RB TBB

5.08 Jerious Norwood, RB ATL

9.08 Anthony Thomas, RB BUF

4.05 Antonio Gates, WR SDC

6.05 Braylon Edwards, WR CLE

7.08 Terry Glenn, WR DAL

8.05 Todd Heap, WR BAL

11.08 Isaac Bruce, WR STL

12.05 Bobby Wade, WR MIN

Overall - It all comes back to the Manning-early debate, but I just don't feel that this is a strong team in the end. Taking Manning so high leaves you with average RBs and a crippled WR corps. Unless he explodes for 4500/40 again which is highly unlikely in my opinion, this is a losing team. Too many eggs in one basket if you ask me.

What I Liked - I liked where you got a lot of the receivers. Gates, Braylon, Glenn, and Bruce were all good picks at their spots. Because of the Manning pick you were in a very difficult spot to put together a good WR group, but you salvaged it very nicely with your selections

What I Disliked - Manning. I just can't buy him that high anymore, and won't get into it again. Depends on how much you like Caddy (I don't), but if you have to have a QB so high, I'd rather have someone like Bush or Jones with Brady than Manning with Caddy. Anyway, enough said on Manning. Just a philosphy of draft strategy that I don't find sound. I don't find him much more valuable than Palmer or Brady this year. That makes Palmer a decent high 3rd pick, Brady a great low 3rd or high 4th, and Manning a poor 1st or 2nd in my eyes. The other pick that really caught me off guard was Jerrious Norwood, who I wouldn't have expected for another couple rounds. To me, he's just a below average RB3, so taking him there when you really could've used WR help (or a different back) was a very questionable move. The two picks of Manning and Jerious in the top 5 were the only two I really disliked, but they combined to really leave a sour taste in my mouth on the overall effort.

Grade on Drafting from the 8 Spot - C - It's a tough spot to draft from imo, facing a big dropoff of talent in the 1st and the 3rd both this year. Given that, I think you made the path much tougher by taking Manning. Every time I see a draft, I'm struck by how average the rest of a team is when they have to burn a huge pick on Manning, that's all.

last four pending...

One of these years, you're going to like my draft and when you do, we will know that the end of time in indeed near........... :wall:

Da Bomb

7.09 Matt Leinart, QB ARI

1.09 Rudi Johnson, RB CIN

2.04 Clinton Portis, RB WAS

5.09 Julius Jones, RB DAL

10.04 Reuben Droughns, RB NYG

3.09 Javon Walker, WR DEN

4.04 Marques Colston, WR NOS

6.04 Deion Branch, WR SEA

8.04 Matt Jones, WR JAX

9.09 Jerry Porter, WR OAK

11.09 Dwayne Jarrett, WR CAR

12.04 Anthony Gonzalez, WR IND

Overall - I like the team overall, but it's not spectacular. I'm not sure it's a title contender as I just don't know if it has anything right now to put it over the top. Likely playoff team, good from top to bottom, but no slam dunk studs.

What I Liked - All of it, obviously. Actually what I really liked the most is the group of WRs I came away with. I almost wish I had passed on Branch to take another RB like Fred Taylor, if I knew who I would've picked up late. I would be planning to move either Colston or Branch early on in the season to try to improve myself at RB, feeling that I have good depth and upside at the WR spot. I was very happy to get Walker, Colston, Branch, Porter, and Jarrett where I got them. I like to really build either RB or WR strong to give myself trade ammo, and felt that I did this.

What I Disliked - I obviously have no backup QB but like I said, I didn't think it was worth wasting a draft pick on who I would've taken, Tarvaris Jackson. He has a nice schedule matchup and will have good enough rushing numbers to start 2 or 3 times. The biggest problem I have with the team is lack of star power at RB. In the end, Rudi's number's justify the pick in my opinion, but he's not a guy who will excite you about your team. Portis I go back and forth on. If he's healthy and uses his touches well, I believe history shows he is a great fantasy back. But is he healthy, and will he still get most of the touches? I didn't do a good job developing RB depth, so I think my whole team comes down to the Portis pick, either hit or miss. I really wanted Edge there and missed him by a pick. If I had him, I'd really like my team a lot. Portis just leaves me feeling... well, edgy.

Grade on Drafting from the 9 Spot - B+ - It wasn't easy, and that's why I picked a spot near the bottom, but I was happy with the values I came away with. Not sure of anything I'd have done different in hindsight other than maybe Fred Taylor over Julius Jones.

NAn

7.10 Tony Romo, QB DAL

8.03 Vince Young, QB TEN

1.10 Laurence Maroney, RB NEP

2.03 Edgerrin James, RB ARI

5.10 Tatum Bell, RB DET

9.10 Mike Bell, RB DEN

11.10 Michael Bennett, RB KCC

3.10 Donald Driver, WR GBP

4.03 Lee Evans, WR BUF

6.03 Mark Clayton, WR BAL

10.03 Eddie Kennison, WR KCC

12.03 Chad Jackson, WR NEP

Overall - Overall I like what you did at each spot, I just only agreed with the players you took half of the time. Really nice job with a tough draft spot.

What I Liked - I love Edge at 2.3, big steal there. I liked the QB combo you came away with even waiting until the 7th and 8th. I liked the 9/10 turn picks really helping to stabilize your depth a bit. I'm intrigued by the Tatum Bell pick. I'm not sure if it's the possible upside, or if it's your consistent infatuation with him even though he's had like 4 good games in his career. ;)

What I Disliked - I don't buy Maroney as a top 10 pick yet. I'm a UM homer and he's an absolute stud by talent, and he's got the opportunity this year as well, but I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough. Very clear and high upside, just worries me, but I would think of him as the RB2 on your team and it's not so bad. I didn't care for Evans or Clayton where you got either of them. Evans imo was a very bad pick with guys like Colston, Moss, and Gates available. He hit his ceiling last year and is far too inconsistent to be taken that high imo. Clayton I know is a guy you like a lot, I just see him as another Evans, and I worry about consistent production from the WRs after Driver.

Grade on Drafting from the 10 Spot - B+ - Very similar draft strategy to mine, and came out with a similarly good result despite a tough spot to pick from.

Miller Time 21

7.11 Eli Manning, QB NYG

10.02 Michael Vick, QB ATL

1.11 Willis McGahee, RB BAL

3.11 Brandon Jacobs, RB NYG

6.02 Warrick Dunn, RB ATL

8.02 Dominic Rhodes, RB OAK

2.02 Chad Johnson, WR CIN

4.02 Andre Johnson, WR HOU

5.11 Calvin Johnson, WR DET

9.11 Brandon Jones, WR TEN

11.11 Troy Williamson, WR MIN

12.02 David Givens, WR TEN

Overall - I think you needed to draft Brad, Leon, and Larry too if you really wanted to have the Johnsons. Seriously though, something just doesn't feel right to me with this team. I see a bunch of guys I like enough but it just looks like a very average team in the end. Nothing scares me.

What I Liked - I liked the Andre Johnson pick a lot, and I'm fine with the CJ pick though I'd have preferred TO (and you obviously wouldn't lol). Your 1-2 WR punch of Chad and Andre is the best in the league. I think I like the Jacobs pick enough when you needed a 3rd round starter. And I liked -- yes, liked, in hindsight -- the Vick pick. (I just don't like relying on him)

What I Disliked - Just don't like a lot of your players. I don't think that McGahee, Eli, or Calvin will perform to meet your expectations. I really thought that Calvin at 5.11 was one of the biggest stretches of the draft, and I absolutely love him as a player. Your WRs after that leave much to be desired too so there's not really a WR3 I would want to count on. Other than that, no huge problems, I just don't see McG, Eli, Dunn, etc really doing a ton this year. McGahee is my lowest ranked RB1 of any team that was drafted, and Eli is bottom 3 in starting QBs. Unless your top two WRs really explode each week, I just can't see a ton of wins piling up.

Grade on Drafting from the 11 Spot - B- - I'm not too sure what I would've done differently. But even subbing out McGahee, Eli, and Calvin for Edge, Romo, and Branch/Braylon would have made me feel much better. Tough draft spot, did well enough with the picks, just difference of opinions on the key players I guess.

Fantasy King

4.01 Tom Brady, QB NEP

11.12 JP Losman, QB BUF

1.12 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA

2.01 Travis Henry, RB DEN

6.01 Chester Taylor, RB MIN

9.12 Chris Henry, RB TEN

12.01 Lorenzo Booker, RB MIA

3.12 TJ Housmanzadeh, WR CIN

5.12 Reggie Brown, WR PHI

7.12 Tony Gonzalez, WR KCC

8.01 Jeremy Shockey, WR NYG

10.01 Devery Henderson, WR NOS

Overall - This is probably my least favorite team in the draft. It's a tough spot to pick from, but this team just looks like a lot of downside and not much going up. There's very little I could be excited about.

What I Liked - I liked two picks of your draft the most, Brady and Henry. Brady is a great pickup at 4.1 as I see him pretty even with Manning and Palmer atop the QB board. Henry is a guy I expect good things from, though I really question the decision to continually pass on Mike Bell to back him up. I liked the Gonzo pick as well.

What I Disliked - Really didn't like Ronnie with a bunch of other better RBs on the board. Bad team, bad line, no QB, injury concerns, just not a 1st round pick. And I don't care much at all for your RB depth either. I thought 6.1 was too early for Taylor, and there's not much thereafter. What I really don't like is the WR corps. 3rd round seems awfully high for Housh, and ditto Brown in the 5th. I have a hard time seeing either of those two live up to their position. Really didn't like the Shockey pick with other better WRs available and, as mentioned, Mike Bell. I think you really needed him. Overall, your WR corps is definitely the worst in the league imo, and your RBs are just average. It's tough from the 12 spot with so many picks in between, but I really think you reached for guys on 4 of your first 6 picks and it really hurt the team.

Grade on Drafting from the 12 Spot - D

The end. :wall:

One of these years, you're going to like my draft and when you do, we will know that the end of time in indeed near........... :mad:

im trying to figure out how i wouldve played the 3 hole. i think i wouldve started out larry johnson, thomas jones, wayne/harrison... then probably rb/wr at the 4/5 turn picks. no WRs really stand out, but probably ward and jamal lewis or adrian peterson. now im totally set at RB. when i got to the 6/7 turn i wouldve targetted wr and qb. with a handful of qbs i liked available, wouldve gone WR first in the 6th and taken galloway. then wouldve taken leinart or romo in the 7th.

leinart... l johnson, t jones, a peterson... harrison, ward, galloway

thats what i think my team wouldve looked like from your spot. then at 8/9 id probably have grabbed a WR4 (porter or holmes) and big ben. id like that team a lot except for very limited upshot from the WR spot. cant decide if i like it better than my team i actually have. depends on if LJ is LJ or injured-J this year. definitely think i like it better than yours, but thats not too shocking.

im trying to figure out how i wouldve played the 3 hole. i think i wouldve started out larry johnson, thomas jones, wayne/harrison... then probably rb/wr at the 4/5 turn picks. no WRs really stand out, but probably ward and jamal lewis or adrian peterson. now im totally set at RB. when i got to the 6/7 turn i wouldve targetted wr and qb. with a handful of qbs i liked available, wouldve gone WR first in the 6th and taken galloway. then wouldve taken leinart or romo in the 7th.

leinart... l johnson, t jones, a peterson... harrison, ward, galloway

thats what i think my team wouldve looked like from your spot. then at 8/9 id probably have grabbed a WR4 (porter or holmes) and big ben. id like that team a lot except for very limited upshot from the WR spot. cant decide if i like it better than my team i actually have. depends on if LJ is LJ or injured-J this year. definitely think i like it better than yours, but thats not too shocking.

Harrison and Wayne would have both been gone. We have established that already. I inquired about it and it was confirmed.

What I Disliked - First, I'm not sure I buy into the RB2 platoon. I think that passing on Jamal Lewis for a pair of potential RBBC guys was a mistake, and while the upshot on both of them is clear, I just have to wonder how fun it will be to try to pick the right one each week. I personally think AP will be a star but I'm not sure how quickly, and I'm a homer. I also disliked the Kitna pick. We won't go down that road again, and I know the guys you wanted were gone, but I looked at a schedule and don't see more than 3 weeks where you even consider starting Kitna. I think that killed your RB depth and/or WR quality. The WRs on this team would make me sick to my stomach going into the season trying to find a 2nd and 3rd starter each week. I can buy Berrian in the 7th with his hot start last year, but as a WR2 it really frightens me. I'm not sure I want to count on any Atlanta receiver, let alone two. And the potential on Jackson and Marshall are both obvious, but both are so raw and I'm not sure ready for fantasy primetime yet at all. I would worry a lot with this team. I'd worry that if LJ ever went down -- and he's the most likely candidate with his huge workload -- my team is completely and totally done. And I'd worry that I don't really have any good WR2 or WR3 and no real conceivable trade bait to fix the problem until at least midseason, and then only if some of the young potentials explode.

Grade on Drafting from the 3 Spot - D - As politely as I can say it, it's just a difference of opinions on building a team. I would really feel badly about my team if this was what I had to go to battle with each week. But I know your thoughts on a 2nd QB early, easily finding WRs late, etc... I just disagree with them so I'm bound to not like your team.

Let me try to provide some feedback to your feedback.

You will never get me to do anything but celebrate the passing up of Jamal Lewis for Marion Barber and Adrian Peterson. Barber is a goal line wonder and has a huge ceiling this year in terms of what he could do in that offense. Peterson, meanwhile, is a truly special back who if he can stay healthy will relegate Chester Taylor to spot duty. Meanwhile, Jamal Lewis is a washed up back on a team that hasn't produced a big-time RB in many, many, many years. I can't stress enough how much we differ on Jamal Lewis and on Marion Barber for that matter. I can live with that criticism.

The Kitna pick should draw more scrutiny because it was a questionable pick....but it also wasn't the pick I wanted to make. I had five receivers picked out to be my #2 and all of them were picked in the five picks prior to me. So, Kitna was hardly the target. As is, I do think some of my depth suffered from the pick, but my point was that my depth was going to suffer anyway. You liked Galloway there. I didn't. That was probably a player that we disagree on.

I do think if there's one thing you've done here that I disagree with, it's that you've completely undervalued Marion Barber in my book and totally overvalued Jamal Lewis. I cannot begin to express how opposite from you I feel on those two players.

fumble, i think the biggest disagreement with how we view each others teams just comes down to the dallas RB situation. i really believe julius jones is the one who will be getting the most carries, and i obviously am in the minority on that. we'll never know til about week 4. i think worst case scenario has both of them splitting. the difference is im not relying on jones, whereas you are on barber.

you dont have to convince me on AP's special talent. like i said, i'll have him top 12 -- at worst -- going into the year. i have loved him in college, and now hes a viking. i would definitely prefer him to jamal. im just not too sure that a) hes healthy, :banana: he can stay healthy, and c) hes going to get more than 50 or 60% of the carries with c-tay around still.

good banter. :doublethumbsup:

I think it will become fairly obvious right away to the Vikings and everyone else that Peterson needs to be on the field often.