Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

A quick note about Alexander's non injury

Fantasy owners can relax

Alexander said he’s ready to bounce back from the first injury-shortened season of his NFL career.

The 2005 MVP running back is practicing without restriction, with no complaints about the foot he injured last season.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...tory/80612.html

man do some fockin research before making yourself look like an arsehole :dunno:

Steeler fan:

Living in the past, dreaming of the future, ignoring the present...

And the ultimate homer award goes to.....

Shaun Alexander kind of sounds like Marshall Faulk at the end of his career, don't you think?

And the ultimate homer award goes to.....

Shaun Alexander kind of sounds like Marshall Faulk at the end of his career, don't you think?

Please give us the link to your inside information.

Please give us the link to your inside information.

Your link is Alexander saying he is fine? And players have never said that before right?

If he is out then will M.Morris acuse Holmgren of stabbing him in the back over individual records? Thats how they roll in Seattle, the team is secondary compared to the players stats.

Actually. If he is hurt. Leonard Weavor will be the man who tries to never let Shaun have his starting position back again.

:thumbsup: Leonard Weavor

Your link is Alexander saying he is fine? And players have never said that before right?

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

Research is wonderful; try it sometime before stirring the pot with your nonsense...

Actually. If he is hurt. Leonard Weavor will be the man who tries to never let Shaun have his starting position back again.

:wub: Leonard Weavor

This post would assume that clueless Steeler fan has a knowledge about such players as Leonard Weaver. :banana:

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

Research is wonderful; try it sometime before stirring the pot with your nonsense...

A. My point was not about doing research...the question was asked about information regarding any actual tests on his ankle...you posted a quote from Alexander as if that really told us anything.

B. You then post a blog? Again, nothing on it which addresses the original question?

Perhaps you think everyone is stirring the pot...or perhaps (and much more likely) you should just quit saying stupid things that you cannot backup.

A. My point was not about doing research...the question was asked about information regarding any actual tests on his ankle...you posted a quote from Alexander as if that really told us anything.

B. You then post a blog? Again, nothing on it which addresses the original question?

Perhaps you think everyone is stirring the pot...or perhaps (and much more likely) you should just quit saying stupid things that you cannot backup.

*sigh*

Holmgren laughed off follow-up questions about Shaun Alexander’s formerly injured left foot, using the term “non-story” to describe the situation. The coach seemed perplexed by stories suggesting the running back could still have a cracked bone

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...tory/59766.html

From another thread in which Big pete and I discussed this ad nauseum.

Now I'm done doing your research.

Nothing to see here..move along

If I were drafting #7 and Alexander was still available, I would not hesitate to pick him. Since 2001, he has had only one season of less than 16 TDs and less than 1500 total yards - last season, where he missed 6+ games. In some of the earlier years, the Seahawks put up records of 9-7, 7-9, and 10-6 and had only one Pro Bowl lineman - Walter Jones (Hutch became a Pro Bowler in the 10-6 year, I think). I agree with the notion that Holmgren would not play him in these camps if there were still concerns about his foot.

I've said before that I, as a Niners fan, think that Seattle is still the team to beat and win the NFC West this year. With that in mind, I believe that Alexander is good for roughly 1400 yards rushing and 13-15 TDs. So, to repeat myself, "If I were drafting #7 and Alexander was still available, I would not hesitate to pick him".

see, I'm not sure that 1400/13 will be #7 ff wise this year :shocking:

I see Alexander getting 1100/13 or so this year, assuming that his foot is indeed 100% and that there are no lingering effects of his injury. (please don't post more blogs/alexander/holmgren saying he's fine, I've read them all, and I take them as semi-valid)

I think the people who will have more than 1100/13 are:

LT2

LJ

S.Jax

F.Gore

T.Henry

Westy

Addai

Rudi

Maroney

FWP

Portis (if healthy)

**Deuce/Bush/Alexander**

that's #12** in my book, but hey, these are pre-training camp projections... things change. people can become clear cut #1 (MJD :dunno), or fall victim of RBBC, people can get hurt, can lose a step, can look like sh1t behind their new lines, can get affected by new coaches/teams etc...

I just think that even if SA has no lingering troubles from the foot, that he is still on the wrong side of 30 (meaning he's now 30) and his line isn't as good, and the WR's aren't as good, so he'll see alot more 8 man fronts, which make is increasingly harder to get yardage/TD's.

but that's just my 2¢

*sigh*

Holmgren laughed off follow-up questions about Shaun Alexander’s formerly injured left foot, using the term “non-story” to describe the situation. The coach seemed perplexed by stories suggesting the running back could still have a cracked bone

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...tory/59766.html

From another thread in which Big pete and I discussed this ad nauseum.

Now I'm done doing your research.

Nothing to see here..move along

Its not my research as I did not ask you for any of it.

The point remains...you made a claim...were called on it and posted a bunch of deflective crap that never addressed what you were questioned about. This is the first time you actually posted something useful on the topic. But just the same questions where Holmgren really avoided the question. And the link is not working anyway...

you know what I want?

I want Alexander to go to a hospital, have a bone scan & MRI, and make the results public.

If he truely is healed, and is getting tired of the non-stop 2nd guessing/questioning, then why is he still hiding his medical results?

Do this, and if you are indeed 100% healed, then all the questions will go away instantly!

Until I/we (collective "we") see this done, we will always have doubts and questions about his health.

see, I'm not sure that 1400/13 will be #7 ff wise this year :shocking:

I see Alexander getting 1100/13 or so this year, assuming that his foot is indeed 100% and that there are no lingering effects of his injury. (please don't post more blogs/alexander/holmgren saying he's fine, I've read them all, and I take them as semi-valid)

I think the people who will have more than 1100/13 are:

LT2

LJ

S.Jax

F.Gore

T.Henry

Westy

Addai

Rudi

Maroney

FWP

Portis (if healthy)

**Deuce/Bush/Alexander**

that's #12** in my book, but hey, these are pre-training camp projections... things change. people can become clear cut #1 (MJD :dunno), or fall victim of RBBC, people can get hurt, can lose a step, can look like sh1t behind their new lines, can get affected by new coaches/teams etc...

I just think that even if SA has no lingering troubles from the foot, that he is still on the wrong side of 30 (meaning he's now 30) and his line isn't as good, and the WR's aren't as good, so he'll see alot more 8 man fronts, which make is increasingly harder to get yardage/TD's.

but that's just my 2¢

These are indeed June projections, and your prediction of 1100 yards for Alexander is certainly plausible - I just don't agree with it. ;)

Just out of curiosity, which 7 guys (or more) do you see surpassing 1400/13?

Its not my research as I did not ask you for any of it.

The point remains...you made a claim...were called on it and posted a bunch of deflective crap that never addressed what you were questioned about. This is the first time you actually posted something useful on the topic. But just the same questions where Holmgren really avoided the question. And the link is not working anyway...

Alexander says he's fine..

Holmgren says he's fine..

I didn't fabricate what either of those have stated.

So then according to you Alexander and Holmgren are lying.

Therefore, it is up to you to provide the link that proves they are lying and that Alexander is still injured...

Therefore, it is up to you to provide the link that proves they are lying and that Alexander is still injured...

that's the thing, there is absolutely no proof that he is still injured, or not injured. It's all hearsay. Proof of him not being injured would be tests that reveal his foot being 100%, and proof of him not being injured would be tests revealing that he is not 100%. As there are no tests to prove/disprove it, all you can do is take the player/coach at their word. And how you interpret their "word" is whether you think they are indeed telling the truth, or just simply doing "damage control". I'd speculate that it's somewhere in the middle :pointstosky:

that's the thing, there is absolutely no proof that he is still injured, or not injured. It's all hearsay. Proof of him not being injured would be tests that reveal his foot being 100%, and proof of him not being injured would be tests revealing that he is not 100%. As there are no tests to prove/disprove it, all you can do is take the player/coach at their word. And how you interpret their "word" is whether you think they are indeed telling the truth, or just simply doing "damage control". I'd speculate that it's somewhere in the middle :pointstosky:

Here's your proof:

Returning from injury:

vs SF 17-37

vs GB 40-201

vs Den 26-90-1 TD

vs Arz 22-76

vs SF 23-73 1 TD

vs SD 31-140 2 TD

vs TB 28-92 1 TD

Playoffs:

vs Dal 24-69

vs Chi 26-108 2 TD

9 games

237 carries

886 yards

7 TD's

That's more than half a season. Are you saying he was injured for those nine games? Because if he wasn't injured for those nine games, why would he be injured now? If you throw out the high and low, it translates roughly into 377 carries and 1390 yards and about 12 TD's. I think that is what can be expected from Alexander this year.

I never claimed you did fabricate anything.

But tell me something...when was the last time a player and his coach admitted something was wrong?

Why is there no doctor claiming he is fine? Pretty simple.

You were asked to provide a link saying the foot is fine...and all you came up with is a few about Alexander saying he was ok and a dead link where Holmgren tries to deflect the question as best he can.

You started a thread to try and show his injury was nothing...so it is up to me to prove nothing.

And according to me...the only thing I am saying is the coach and player are not the most accurate sources for info. Did C-pep and Saban come out last year and claim his knee was still basically screwed and he would be lucky to get through a few games?

But tell me something...when was the last time a player and his coach admitted something was wrong?

You were asked to provide a link saying the foot is fine...and all you came up with is a few about Alexander saying he was ok and a dead link where Holmgren tries to deflect the question as best he can.

You started a thread to try and show his injury was nothing...so it is up to me to prove nothing.

And according to me...the only thing I am saying is the coach and player are not the most accurate sources for info. Did C-pep and Saban come out last year and claim his knee was still basically screwed and he would be lucky to get through a few games?

winnah winnah chicken dinnah :D

Great point.

Alexander has a broken foot...

Holmgren is lying about it...

Holmgren lets Alexander fully pariticpate in minicamp on said broken foot because he really wants Alexander to injure the foot more and miss the upcoming season..

The Seahawks are covering up the fact that even though Alexander played 9 games last year after returning from injury, the foot was still broken and in fact it will be broken when the season starts because the Seahawks are pretending it is not broken just to get SA on the field for training camp...

This must be the worst broken foot evah becaus it refuses to heal...

:wall:

[/b]Hawks' Alexander steps softly

No joking around, he says 'foot's doing great'

By CLARE FARNSWORTH

P-I REPORTER

Damn liar...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/318...tml?source=mypi

That's a great Apple to Apple comparison. I never thought about that. I mean having a knee shredded is so similar to a tiny crack in a foot. :wall:

That's a great Apple to Apple comparison. I never thought about that. I mean having a knee shredded is so similar to a tiny crack in a foot. :wall:

Who compared the injury? Nobody.

Nice spin attempt. The point was about the player and coach-speak after the injury. You are using one of the most unreliable sources for your information (the words coming out of the player and the coach).

Want more?

It has been almost five months since Brett Favre suffered a fracture in his right thumb, but the veteran quarterback still can't bend the top half of it and probably never will.

That was written in March of 2004. Though, during the season...what was all the talk?

"The thumb didn't seem to be an issue after the game," Sherman said Monday. "He probably could play without the splint if he wanted to. He feels more security with it, and I think he will continue to play with that splint the rest of the season."

Or read this the week after it happened...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/2...kers-favre.html

Lots of great info on how bad it was hurt and he would not be effective right?

Do you want a reminder of Favre's erratic play that season?

All I know is you can believe anything Alexander says (well besides when he walked into Holmgren's office without his walking boot a couple days after he broke his foot and claimed a Reggie White miracle had taken place).

FlaHawker ....

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here but why is it so important to you that everyone on this board believes that Sean is 100% healthy? I understand your points - that both Holmgren and Sean say his foot is fine - but don't you think that there's reason for some of us to remain skeptical, considering how players and coaches can be about revealing the true nature of injuries? I'm not sure that people here will be convinced otherwise until an official medical report or a strong start to the regular season.

I guess what I'm saying is: let everyone undervalue SA. Doesn't that ultimately HELP the Seahawks- not to mention YOU as someone who might be more keen to draft him?

FYI ... I'm a Seahawks homer myself.

That's a great Apple to Apple comparison. I never thought about that. I mean having a knee shredded is so similar to a tiny crack in a foot. :wacko:

Ha... Yeah that was the point that was made. :)

Nice spin attempt. The point was about the player and coach-speak after the injury. You are using one of the most unreliable sources for your information (the words coming out of the player and the coach).

Want more?

That was written in March of 2004. Though, during the season...what was all the talk?

I also remember a certain situation a few years back when Aaron Brooks was injured towards the end of the year.

Jim Haslett basically left it up to him, refused to put in Jake Delhomme, while us fans watched our season go down the drain.

Yeah coaches and players are very trustworthy when it comes to an injury.

Remind us again why this means so much to you?

:dunno:

Maybe he is trying pump up Alexanders fantasy stock?

:dunno:

Maybe he is trying pump up Alexanders fantasy stock?

Ohhh I get it.

He knows that the other managers in his leagues read this site, and is hoping to pump up Alexander so that he is picked before it is his turn.

Damn, now that makes sense.

I was starting to think the guy was nuts or something, I mean really who would believe what the player and coach had to say? No one of course...

The puzzle is finally in place.

Want more?

First it's using Cpep and now Favre. Just post a link unequivocally proving his foot is broken. End of story. All you have is opinion, which is fine. However, credible opinion is backed up with fact, not weak apple to orange comparisons.

FlaHawker ....

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here but why is it so important to you that everyone on this board believes that Sean is 100% healthy? I understand your points - that both Holmgren and Sean say his foot is fine - but don't you think that there's reason for some of us to remain skeptical, considering how players and coaches can be about revealing the true nature of injuries? I'm not sure that people here will be convinced otherwise until an official medical report or a strong start to the regular season.

I guess what I'm saying is: let everyone undervalue SA. Doesn't that ultimately HELP the Seahawks- not to mention YOU as someone who might be more keen to draft him?

FYI ... I'm a Seahawks homer myself.

1- I am totally aware of coachspeak. But let's use some logic here. Holmgren doesn't let Hasselbeck throw at minicamp despite offseason surgery on his nonthrowing shoulder, yet he let's Alexander run around on a broken foot?

2- If you are going to require Alexander to submit to testing and release a medical report, why not have all NFL players who have had any significant injury do the same? Why would someone draft Carson Palmer when he has had a his knee shredded? You know I think I want a medical report to prove to me that his knee is 100% sound. Pretty ludicrous, right?

3- I have no problem with Alexander being undervalued or whether or not posters here feel he is healthy or not. I do have a problem with posters unequivocally saying his foot is still broken with absolutely no evidence. That is misleading.

Ha... Yeah that was the point that was made. :unsure:

I also remember a certain situation a few years back when Aaron Brooks was injured towards the end of the year.

Jim Haslett basically left it up to him, refused to put in Jake Delhomme, while us fans watched our season go down the drain.

Yeah coaches and players are very trustworthy when it comes to an injury.

So therefore Mike Holmgren must be just like Jim Haslett. Another tremendous use of logic <_<

First it's using Cpep and now Favre. Just post a link unequivocally proving his foot is broken. End of story. All you have is opinion, which is fine. However, credible opinion is backed up with fact, not weak apple to orange comparisons.

You might want to actually go back and find where I have ever made a claim one way or another about Alexander.

And the comparisons are right on. Its not an injury to injury comparison...something, despite me telling you exactly what is being compared, you still don't get. Its about comparing what coaches and players say about their injuries. The actual injury in question with those three is irrelevant.

Credible opinion is backed up with fact huh? Then let me know when you ever have an actual facts to back up your opinion. MRI...XRay...something like that.

But it is not up to me to prove you to be full of it (we all already know you are). I have simply question your weak attempts at putting sources behind your crap.

You might want to actually go back and find where I have ever made a claim one way or another about Alexander.

And the comparisons are right on. Its not an injury to injury comparison...something, despite me telling you exactly what is being compared, you still don't get. Its about comparing what coaches and players say about their injuries. The actual injury in question with those three is irrelevant.

Credible opinion is backed up with fact huh? Then let me know when you ever have an actual facts to back up your opinion. MRI...XRay...something like that.

But it is not up to me to prove you to be full of it (we all already know you are). I have simply question your weak attempts at putting sources behind your crap.

:banana:

:(

1- I am totally aware of coachspeak. But let's use some logic here. Holmgren doesn't let Hasselbeck throw at minicamp despite offseason surgery on his nonthrowing shoulder, yet he let's Alexander run around on a broken foot?

2- If you are going to require Alexander to submit to testing and release a medical report, why not have all NFL players who have had any significant injury do the same? Why would someone draft Carson Palmer when he has had a his knee shredded? You know I think I want a medical report to prove to me that his knee is 100% sound. Pretty ludicrous, right?

3- I have no problem with Alexander being undervalued or whether or not posters here feel he is healthy or not. I do have a problem with posters unequivocally saying his foot is still broken with absolutely no evidence. That is misleading.

So therefore Mike Holmgren must be just like Jim Haslett. Another tremendous use of logic :wub:

You lose.

You-0

The Rest of the Board-1

Game Over.

Its about comparing what coaches and players say about their injuries.

I didn't realize all coaches do the SAME things all the time. So because Nick Saban is a liar then Mike Holmgren must be a liar too? :banana:

I didn't realize all coaches do the SAME things all the time. So because Nick Saban is a liar then Mike Holmgren must be a liar too? :banana:

You lost dude, it's over.

Go shake hands with the other team.

Mike Holmgren said Alexander is fine and let him practice in minicamp (yet held out Hasselbeck, but you ignore this)--fact

Alexander said he is fine--fact

Alexander played nine games returning from injury--fact

Your response has been that they are both lying and there is some conspiracy in Seattle to hide the fact that Alexander's foot is still broken. :(

My presenting sources to indicate that other posters have no credible information about his foot still be broken is, to you, crap :wub: :dunno:

I guess Scooter did have you figured out :banana:

You lost dude, it's over.

Go shake hands with the other team.

Dude? :banana: What are you in 10th grade?

I do have a problem with posters unequivocally saying his foot is still broken with absolutely no evidence. That is misleading.

I agree with you on this point. The same kind of undue speculation could be applied to anyone who has recovered from a major injury.

For the record, despite the few who may be convinced that Alexander's foot is still broken, I think the majority of people simply think that his past injury knocks him down a few spots on the draft board. You have to admit, when you're talking about the top five overall picks it's almost impossible to argue FOR picking someone who is recovering from a serious injury. I might be wrong, but I think that's mostly what this discussion is about. I dunno, I've just been burned before by thinking a guy is over a past injury (read: Horn).

I didn't realize all coaches do the SAME things all the time. So because Nick Saban is a liar then Mike Holmgren must be a liar too? :thumbsup:

You want me to bring up all the quotes from when Alexander first got hurt and when he would be back? From both Holmgren and Alexander?

Or do you really think coaches and players are always truthful in those things? Or just the Seahawks I guess?

Ahhh...what the hell...

"I don't think it will be real lengthy," Holmgren said. "Now, he just has to stay off of it and let it heal."

"We're looking at a few weeks, let's put it that way," Holmgren said. "The good thing is, it's just a small, little crack -- if you want to talk about a good thing."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

"His foot responded well," Holmgren said. "He will continue to increase his workload this week, with the target being next week's game."

Alexander said he has been pain-free for a couple of weeks, but he has been following doctors' orders that his cracked fourth metatarsal heal completely before he returns. Last week, X-rays showed the bones looked "very, very good," according to Alexander.

So "very, very good" that the doctors still were keeping him out right?

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/...query=Alexander

"He is going to tell me he feels fine," Holmgren said. "He felt fine last week. But a more realistic goal is the Raider game."

Really? He will?

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/...query=Alexander

I love the start of the next one...ever changing huh? Why would they say that? Could it be that the words out of Alexander and Holmgren made it sound like it would not take as long for him to get back as it did? Would they really do that and sugar coat things? And Alexander told him he thinks he could practice...yet the docs disagreed? You mean the docs disagreed to what a player was saying? Hmm...isnt that exactly why people in this thread have asked for any quote from the team doctors about Alexander and not just quotes from the player and coach?

The seemingly ever-changing timeline for the return from injury of the NFL's 2005 Most Valuable Player was adjusted yet again Monday.

Holmgren said he and Alexander met Monday, and Alexander told Holmgren he is eager to come back and thinks he can practice.

"If we get a wild hair, you all could see me [this week]. Now we just play the game and when the coaches say yes, then we go."

I love the start of that one...ever changing huh? Why would they say that? Could it be that the words out of Alexander and Holmgren made it sound like it would not take as long for him to get back as it did? Would they really do that and sugar coat things? And Alexander told him he thinks he could practice...yet the docs disagreed? You mean the docs disagreed to what a player was saying? Hmm...isnt that exactly why people in this thread have asked for any quote from the team doctors about Alexander and not just quotes from the player and coach?

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren declared Alexander out on Wednesday. Holmgren called him "iffy" on Monday after a new round of pictures of the left foot Alexander cracked Sept. 24 during a win over the New York Giants showed some healing.

So he was iffy in early October but did not play til November? How can that be FlaHawker?

Do you see what I am getting at? Coaches and players say alot of things to the media. Its not always 100% truth. Even Mike Holmgren and Shaun Alexander. Yes...nearly all coaches and nearly all players do this.

Mike Holmgren said Alexander is fine and let him practice in minicamp (yet held out Hasselbeck, but you ignore this)--fact

Alexander said he is fine--fact

The coach saying he is fine and it actually being 100% truth are 2 different things. Kind of the whole point of disagreement Im having with your quotes so far.

Alexander played nine games returning from injury--fact

So, players never play hurt? How many games did Favre play with the broken thumb? Did that somehow make it not hurt anymore?

Your response has been that they are both lying and there is some conspiracy in Seattle to hide the fact that Alexander's foot is still broken. :wacko:

Spin spin spin...my actual response has been that going to the coach and player is not the most reliable thing to do.

My presenting sources to indicate that other posters have no credible information about his foot still be broken is, to you, crap :wacko: :lol:

I guess Scooter did have you figured out :lol:

What is crap is that you continue to post just what the player and coach say despite people (not just me) telling you that this is not the most reliable information out there.

Scooter? Don't get me started...we put it past us...but if you somehow think me disagreeing with you over you saying some stupid things makes me a troll or stalker...have at it. Typical response from someone who gets owned over and over and over again.

I have a problem with posters making things up.

Where has anyone in this thread unequivocally said his foot is still broken? Care to post a link?

The only place anyone got close to that is what started your whole posting of quotes from Alexander and Holmgren.

and his foot problem isnt for sure cleared up as we speak

Isn't for sure cleared up does not mean the poster is saying it is unequivocally still broken.

So...care to rephrase some of the BS you have posted here?

All I know is you can believe anything Alexander says (well besides when he walked into Holmgren's office without his walking boot a couple days after he broke his foot and claimed a Reggie White miracle had taken place).

good call - I was just going to post this. That the last time I heard Alexander discuss his foot he claimed that God healed it within 36 hours. A miracle! The headlines on ESPN were classic.

Seahawks homers went :banana:

FFB geeks went :lol: :( :pointstosky: :D

good call - I was just going to post this. That the last time I heard Alexander discuss his foot he claimed that God healed it within 36 hours. A miracle! The headlines on ESPN were classic.

Seahawks homers went :banana:

FFB geeks went :lol: :( :pointstosky: :D

As I posted above...there are plenty of words out of Alexander last year about his injury and how he felt...yet he missed how many games?

:wub: :cheers:

I think you may have done the unpossible...............

you might have made flahawker understand what all of us were talking about <_<

I can still see him coming back with "yeah, but he played in 9 games"...

Hell, Culpepper played in 4 games last year with 3 torn ligaments in his knee, and he wouldn't have ever gotten benched if they won 2 of those games. Now look at him, his knee is STILL focked up, which is pushing 2 years now.

So Alexander most definatly is still an injury risk, whether his foot healed properly or not, he's still a risk.

Just because he played in some games after the injury (see culpepper) doesn't mean that it healed properly and we all know that if you don't let things heal properly, they tend to linger. and that can cause you to baby it, which sometimes leads to different injuries cause you are overcompensating for the injury.