Marvin Harrison WR, IND

Justin Gage WR, TEN

Joseph Addai RB, IND

Mike Bell RB, DEN

2008 Draft, Rnd 2

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Smitty - Horseman

LJ > Addai

Wayne > Harrison (some will disagree, but I think Wayne takes over this year)

Bennett < Bell (very close, but I figure Bell will get more touches than Bennett)

Burleson = Gage

xxx < 2nd round pick

I think Smitty is the clear winner.

Looks like the main part of the deal is Larry Johnson & Reggie Wayne for Joseph Addai, Marvin Harrison & a 2nd RD Pick in 2008.

Tough call. I like Addai and think he's more valuable than Johnson in the long run, but Reggie Wayne is likely a Top 12 WRs for a few more years. Harrison is unlikely to have more than a year two left in him, but that's where the 2nd RD pick seems to even it up a little.

I think Mike Bell is more valuable then Bennett, though he's far from being anything better than a #3/4 type fantasy back at the moment.

Nate Burleson and Justin Gage are a wash.

Overall I think it's a pretty even deal. I guess I'd rather have what Horsemen picked up, but only because Addai is the younger of the two RBs. Reggie Wayne's youth in comparison to Harrison though sorta evens it all out.

I admit, I probably pushed the panic button, but a lot of things just aren't going LJ's way. Either way, I do believe Smitty probably got the better of the deal, but this is a deal I can live with.

I admit, I probably pushed the panic button, but a lot of things just aren't going LJ's way. Either way, I do believe Smitty probably got the better of the deal, but this is a deal I can live with.

Doesn't look like a panic move to me. Solid deal IMO. I wouldn't have wanted to trade Wayne, but Harrison should fill that spot for a year or two and I think Addai's value is on the rise while LJ's is steadying off and likely to begin a small decline in the next few seasons. Not that he won't be a #1 fantasy RB, but he still seems to be slipping a bit.

I don't understand why everyone thinks LJ is going to take a step back.

He is still young and the O-line will be better than it was last year. The big question mark is the QB and I think it will be better as well. Trent Green was really pretty bad last year. I have season tickets so I had to see it live each week.

Croyle will not be worse than Green was and Huard proved he is a very solid backup QB. Bowe will help the receivers, even as a rookie. Parker can't catch and Kennison is really begin to show his age, but is still a pretty good receiver. Gonzo will be Gonzo or another year or two.

The biggest issue is a holdout. I don't think it will happen. Green and his big contract is gone. The money is available under the cap. The thing the Chiefs front office want most of all is a packed stadium. If they allow LJ to hold out the fans will riot. It will go down to wire, but LJ will get his contract no more than a week into training camp.

LJ will be in the top 2 RB again in 2007...2008...

I was in no hurry to trade Addai, and feel that his value is VERY close to LJ for this year and even looking better down the road. When we first started talking, Djax was the WR he offered and I couldnt take two guys with those type of question marks on them and held out for Wayne. He was really the deciding factor in the deal for me. Overall, my team gets a step younger but I don't like losing the depth and upside i had with Bell. If anything happens to Henry, Bell could step in and be a solid starter in that denver zone blocking.

I was in no hurry to trade Addai, and feel that his value is VERY close to LJ for this year and even looking better down the road. When we first started talking, Djax was the WR he offered and I couldnt take two guys with those type of question marks on them and held out for Wayne. He was really the deciding factor in the deal for me. Overall, my team gets a step younger but I don't like losing the depth and upside i had with Bell. If anything happens to Henry, Bell could step in and be a solid starter in that denver zone blocking.

Good move holding out for Wayne. Had you done that deal for for D-Jax I think Horsemen would have definitely got the better of it. With Reggie Wayne there it really evens the trade out.

Sign in to follow this