Sign in to follow this  
nlgb1

who the HELL do you take at #5?

im picking #5 in a 10 team draft.....traditional scoring other than .5/rec.

assuming 1-4 goes LT, sjax, LJ, and Gore..... who the *^%$ am i gonna take at #5?

addai, parker, and SA are all on the same tier for me and i cant find any advantages....traditionally it would be alexander but because of the .5/rec id say theyre even....

HELP

im picking #5 in a 10 team draft.....traditional scoring other than .5/rec.

assuming 1-4 goes LT, sjax, LJ, and Gore..... who the *^%$ am i gonna take at #5?

addai, parker, and SA are all on the same tier for me and i cant find any advantages....traditionally it would be alexander but because of the .5/rec id say theyre even....

HELP

Obviously a year ago you wouldn't have the option of SA by this point, so that's got to count for something, but I still have to say Addai. I'm in the same boat as you this year (5th), and although Parker put up some nice numbers for me last year, you just don't know what the coaching change is going to do to his numebrs this year.

I'm also debating Westbrook. I had him three years running from '02 - '05 and was really disappointed that I didn't get him back last year. He's can put up some huge numbers for you, but you also have to factor in the probability of missing a few games through the course of the season.

So I guess I'm down to Addai or Westbrook. Luckily our draft isn't until late August so I get to see how training camp goes for each!

Obviously a year ago you wouldn't have the option of SA by this point, so that's got to count for something, but I still have to say Addai. I'm in the same boat as you this year (5th), and although Parker put up some nice numbers for me last year, you just don't know what the coaching change is going to do to his numebrs this year.

I'm also debating Westbrook. I had him three years running from '02 - '05 and was really disappointed that I didn't get him back last year. He's can put up some huge numbers for you, but you also have to factor in the probability of missing a few games through the course of the season.

So I guess I'm down to Addai or Westbrook. Luckily our draft isn't until late August so I get to see how training camp goes for each!

another relevant question to ask is whether this is a redraft, a keeper draft or a dynasty draft.

in a redraft, I'd go with SA.

in a keeper or dynasty draft, probably Addai.

although with PPR (or in your case .5 ppr) Westbrook may be the best in a redraft.....

I'd still say that Addai is the better bet in a keeper draft PPR or not. he catches passes, and he runs the ball well, and has a top notch O-line to run behind.

Don't take Willie Parker! Tomlin is in love with the idea of RBBC so there is no way you see the productivity from Parker that he had last year. Oh, and his new OC is a retard, and who knows what Alan Faneca will do, but if he holds out, Parker is in trouble.

I am picking #5 in a re-draft league. I won the league last year picking 3rd....

I found the opinions in this thread helpful. I am leaning Addai as it stands right now.

Good luck :(

I might be crazy but I would take Alexander.

Option 2 I might even consider trading down a spot or two to pick up a pick later. I think Alexander will be available at 6 and maybe 7 in some leagues. If you check Yahoo draft Central they have Alexander as the number 4 back with an average draft round of 5.1 Gore is at 5.9 making him the 5th selected. Gore is followed by Peyton Manning and then Willie Parker, Addai is number 8 close behind Parker. If you trade down a spot or two, pick up a 4th rounder or even a 3rd rounder as a bonus and still get a shot at Addai/Manning/Alexander/Parker. Its an option to consider. I would not mind any of those guys with a extra pick that can be used on a receiver or another back later.

Just my two cents

Rechtien

Westbrook or Addai.

I like both a lot. Addai has the "fresh legs" and will likely be the three-pronged player one hopes from a fantasy starter. At the same time, he's had a bit of an injury history in college and this will be the first time he truly carries the load for a team in a while.

The injury bug and the fact Westbrook is short hinders him. Still, I don't think you can go wrong with the Eagles back here. I'm picking 6th or 7th in a re-draft in August and would be very happy if he fell to me. In a .5 per reception league, Westbrook is an excellent selection but Addai should get enough redzone scores to keep the total close.

I'd probably stick with the proven player about to hit his athletic prime and that's Westbrook. Still I think it's a hair splitting-contest.