Sign in to follow this  
bubba franks

Fred Thompson - the new hope for conservatives

No. Not at all. I said the GOP's secret weapon is the demoncrats themselves, always nominating the worst possible candidate.

Reading......catch it.

Seriously, who do you think would be the best possible Democratic candidate of the people who are currently running? I'm asking I guess for two people (who might be the same in your mind, I don't know): 1) the one who'd actually make the best President and 2) the one who is most likely electable?

Of the Democrats running right now, I think Obama would make the best President but I'm not sure about his electability. I think Hillary Clinton has the best chance of winning the presidency, if only because she's going to outspend everyone by a country mile and has a huge political network. Despite her many flaws, I think the Republican field is extremely weak and all of them are beaten by Hillary. I'm not a big fan of hers so I'm not saying this is what I want to see, just what I think will happen. Of all Dems, the guy I most like right now is Jim Webb who obviously isn't running and hasn't even been a Democrat long enough to run seriously.

Of the Republicans, I think ultimately Fred Thompson or Rudy Giuliani are the most electable. The one I'd most likely vote for is Ron Paul; if you're talking realistically (like, could possibly win) it's Romney.

Not giving you a hard time, I'd just like to know who among the Dem candidates you think 1) is most electable and 2) would make the best President. Serious question.

No republican will get elected president after what Bush has done. He has ruined America.

1. america is hardly ruined. it tooka devasting hit after 9/11 and the ripple effects are still reaching into 2007. has bush messed up some things, absolutely - but love to see a list of countries you'd rather live in today.

2. they said the same things going into the '04 election.

3. the repubs list of presidential candidates for '08 looks like a sorry ass, class A bullpen. but the dems 2 best candidates are dangerously polarizing and open the door for even the repubs and give them almost an even money shot.

the real effect of bush's unpopularity could be seen in the congressional elections. although, as much as everybody talks about Dubbya - most fail to bring up that congress has even a lower approval rating - one of the lowest in history.

it's clear to me that this Thompson guy is unelectable, no charisma.

Now, now, let's not be too harsh on old Freddy. After all, he did know who the prime minister of Canada is.

My money is still on McCain. :wub:

Plan on losing your money then, McCain has absolutely no shot.

Seriously, who do you think would be the best possible Democratic candidate of the people who are currently running? I'm asking I guess for two people (who might be the same in your mind, I don't know): 1) the one who'd actually make the best President and 2) the one who is most likely electable?

Of the Democrats running right now, I think Obama would make the best President but I'm not sure about his electability. I think Hillary Clinton has the best chance of winning the presidency, if only because she's going to outspend everyone by a country mile and has a huge political network. Despite her many flaws, I think the Republican field is extremely weak and all of them are beaten by Hillary. I'm not a big fan of hers so I'm not saying this is what I want to see, just what I think will happen. Of all Dems, the guy I most like right now is Jim Webb who obviously isn't running and hasn't even been a Democrat long enough to run seriously.

Of the Republicans, I think ultimately Fred Thompson or Rudy Giuliani are the most electable. The one I'd most likely vote for is Ron Paul; if you're talking realistically (like, could possibly win) it's Romney.

Not giving you a hard time, I'd just like to know who among the Dem candidates you think 1) is most electable and 2) would make the best President. Serious question.

I am not really sure yet. It is way early. I don't know who I like best from either party right now.

The Dem that would make the best President would be Mike Gravel, maybe. Like I said though, I haven't made up my mind on either party. I really want to vote Democrat this time, but I'm not sure who that would be ................ yet.

Most electable Democrat as of right now, would be John Edwards. I wouldn't vote for Edwards though. I just think he is more electable as of right now. Obama and Hillery don't have a chance to IMO. That is who I'm affraid the Dems will nominate, forcing me and a lot of other people to vote another way. Those 2 I would consider to be the "Secret weapon of the GOP". Those are the 2 worst possible candidates at the moment.

It is almost laughable that Obama is even running right now. There is no way he can win. We are at war with muslims and even though he may not be a fanatic, the people of this country won't take a chance like that on one man.

Hillary is considered a doormat among a lot of women with the way she handled the whole Bill Clinton and all his extra curricular activities with other women. Plus with here main objective as first lady was Hillery care, which went NOWHERE. People are scared of socialized health care. They see what a disaster it is everywhere else. Plus, why do they want to take the profit out of health care??? You think are smartest people in collage want to go through years of training to not make a lot of money???? Our smartest kids will go into other fields that can make them money. Me personally, I want the best when it comes to doctors and surgeons and such.

I will be able to answer this much better as the field narrows down and I learn more about the candidates.

So, Fred has the nomination locked up right?

Yeah what a focking clown.

He needs to go back to showing off his country twang on Law & Order.

The country has learned their lesson. We won't put another Neo-Con back in office - the country has been destroyed enough.