Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

Trade?

Alright guys, here's my dilemma.

I'm the commish of a league, a 10-teamer, standard scoring, all TDs 6 points, no PPR.

We start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 Def

and I was proposed the following trade by the Adrian Peterson owner:

-He gets-

Chester Taylor

Brandon Jackson

-I get-

Maurice Jones-Drew

now obviously, as a manager, I take the deal every day of the week allowing myself to start LT2, Portis, and MJD week in and week out. :doublethumbsup:

however, as the commish, how would this come across to the rest of the league? My co-commish said he saw no problem with it, as it was a handcuff and a potential breakout rookie for a guy who splits carries and could likely see some fall off with the return of Greg Jones. I'm not sure the rest of the league would see it the same way.

Basically, would you do the trade in my position? Would you allow the trade if you were commish and someone else had the deal pending? How involved do you get as a commish and what are the limits of your authority?

Am I overthinking this simply because I'm commish and want things to be fair? :dunno:

I'm the commissioner of my league, and I don't see a problem with it. Also, isn't that what a co-commissioner is for? If he approved it, there's no problem.

I'm the commissioner of my league, and I don't see a problem with it. Also, isn't that what a co-commissioner is for? If he approved it, there's no problem.

Yeah, it is. Problem there is that it isn't really an official title or anything. He's simply the guy I consult most tough league decisions with so I'm not completely sure he has the authority to approve the trade. I suppose I used the wrong term, but to clarify, I'm the commish and he's more of an "advisor" or something.

Is there any rules in your league regarding trading ? If so what are they. :banana:

Is there any rules in your league regarding trading ? If so what are they. :banana:

Not really. Just have to happen before week the playoffs start and be approved by the commish. I give every trade 3 days unless I hear from all of the owners before that time period.

UPDATE:

I've heard from two of the owners in the league, and they aren't okay with the deal.

Their reasoning?

"It would make me too good."

Thoughts?

He propsed it to you, there was no collusion. Take the deal if you want it. You've done nothing wrong, if there is some bithcing it should be directed at the other owner. I don't think its a crazy lopsided trade anyway, although I'd certainly prefer yor side.