Sign in to follow this  
NAn

'07 Player Projections By NFL Team

To prepare FFTodayers for the upcoming ’07 season, starting 5/14 will post threads listing offensive players by NFL team and invite posters to attach projections to each offensive player. Posting of just commentary on one or mutliple players, instead of projections is welcomed and encouraged as well.

Will post 3 team threads per week (2 during 4th of July week) alphabetically by team city, so will have all 32 NFL teams posted before August 1st. Through beginning of FF season will hopefully have this thread pinned as an ‘Archives’ thread, so will have opportunity to post replies for any previous team at any time.

Player Projections By NFL Team: Archives Thread Link

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Team/Players Statistical History Link

Jeff Garcia: Statistical History Link

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

’06 Statistics

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL 
		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD   
		  296  534  2994   5.61  14  18  404  1523  3.77   6   4517
NFL rank --->  20   11   28	 32   28  21   28   28	24   31	 31
QB
| Name				 |  G | CMP ATT   PCT YARD  Y/A TD IN | RSH YARD TD |
| Jeff Garcia		  |  8 | 116 188  61.7 1309  7.0 10  2 |  25   87  0 |
RB
| Name				 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| Cadillac Williams	| 14 |  225   798   3.5   1  |   30   196   6.5   0 |
WR
| Name				 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| Michael Clayton	  | 12 |	5	41   8.2   0  |   33   356  10.8   1 |
| Joey Galloway		| 16 |	2	 9   4.5   0  |   62  1057  17.0   7 |
TE
| Name				 |  G |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| Alex Smith		   | 14 |   35   250   7.1   3 |

Notes:

QB JGarcia: Will be 9th season, 1st with Bucs

WR MClayton: Will be 4th year

Key Questions For '07 Season:

How will JGarcia produce? Will he be long term QB this season?

How will CWilliams perform?

How will MClayton produce? Will he stay healthy?

How much does JGalloway have left?

I think that you also need to look to the tight ends now that Garcia is the possible starter. Chucky seems to love him and he likes to hit his tight ends(insert garcia f@g joke of choice) when he is in trouble.

I agree with the TE sentiment, Gruden usually stacks the lineup with them. I have to think that Stevens will get the bulk of the looks this year if nothing happens to him and Alex Smith in his third year could be a waiver wire watch early on in the season.

I want to see how it all shapes up in camp, but I have to believe that Caddy is the single most underrated back going into this year. The offensive line will have two guys (Joseph and Trueblood) with a year of playing together under their belt and the offseason pickup of Pettigout adds more to a line that overall last year wasn't as bad as it seemed. The big problem with last year was the rookie QB....I mean the 6th round rookie QB! That had everything to do why Caddy's numbers were so awful. Going into this year they get Garcia which will take the pressure off of the running game. Barring injury there is no way Caddy repeats the number of last year and from where his ADP is this year so far I would easily predict that he will be better than that. The majority of predictions compare to that of a back in a real RBBC. Add in the WR ability to block downfield (Clayton) and that just adds to it. There is no RBBC in Tampa, as much as the fans would love to see Alstott as the featured back, it won't happen.

As far as WR play, that is a big ??? Clayton can't be trusted to do much except block and Galloway is definitely on the downside of his career (however his downside means somewhere around 1000 yds and 7-8 TDs). Other than Galloway somewhere in the 5th-6th round, I wouldn't draft another Buc receiver unless Clayton lasts till the end of your draft.

Garcia is relegated to backup on any fantasy roster and that's probably the way it should be and the only other QB that is of real fantasy merit is about to retire (Plummer) or traded to somewhere else because he doesn;t want to fight for a starting job.