Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Signed up at Yahoo site

- Shark Jumpers - t.j

- Scurvy Mongrel Dogs - teddyt

- PIK95 Bluepointers - PIK 95/Bluepointer

- Muncie Hoosiers - FF Afficianado

- Bacardi's Bum - lord13rahl (Retires Truth Seekers)

- Scorgasms - Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

- MEANRUSSIANMACHINE - Diesel07

- Prozac Attack - Zap

- SweetleafVaporizers - 4Two0

- Thai Cradle Robbers - Sonm

- Slappy Rabbits - Butcher

- boogie men - zmanzzzz

Zap, I got the email. I plan to register tonight. My wife's been out of town for 2 days so I haven't had many sober moments to get over there. :huh:

There was a problem:

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

did you spell my name right? zmanzzzz?

There was a problem:

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

I had that problem too. You have to go to Fantasy home and select join free custom league and put in the ID # and password (you have to put the password in all caps). Then, it will take you to the league.

There was a problem:

Yeah, the link doesn't let you in. The last part of the link is the league ID#.

Just go thru the steps of joining a custom league and use that ID # and the password.

working on it.

:lol:

Figure it out yet?

is this part of the 'zap screening process'? :thumbsup:

There was a problem:

• This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

• This league is from the free game. (Error #271)

I USED THE LEAGUE ID#(TWICE) AND THE PASSWORD!!!

:thumbsup:

There was a problem:

• This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

• This league is from the free game. (Error #271)

:(

I USED THE LEAGUE ID#(TWICE) AND THE PASSWORD!!!

I think you're trying to sign up for a Plus league. They cost money and have big links. This is a free league. They don't cost money, and have fine print links. ;)

Try again going through free leagues, and the id # will work, I'm sure.

Be sure to give Commish the ability to edit your team. It's the only way I can enforce the mandatory DL rule. My only other option is to delete your team if I cannot edit it, and you refuse to play by the rules. :D

Speaking of that! I expect last year's members remembered to give commish edit powers, but if any of you newbies (and if some of you returnees forgot), then delete your team and sign back up, giving me the ability to edit your team. It's pretty important.

Last year Friar started an extra LB and benched a mandatory DL. He made a mistake. He wasn't trying to cheat. Yahoo does not differentiate DLs from LBs, but WE DO, and I check every Sunday morning. I edited Friar's team. It cost him a win. That cost him a playoff spot, and his team would have won in the first round of the playoffs, thus assuring him he could return next season. All over not starting the mandatory DL. So, allow me to edit and be sure you start two DLs every game of the season, two LBs, two DBs, and two flex. I'll explain how we do this when we get Zman in the league. :thumbsup:

done :thumbsup:

my link had f2 instead of f1. ???

Good deal. Now, let's get a draft date set, and I can forget about this for a few weeks. I'm burnt out on FF before the season starts. Kind of like a boxer who over prepares for a fight.

I'll explain how we do this when we get Zman in the league.

Okay, I know it's early still, and I know I will explain this a couple more times, and I know some of you will screw me up anyway, but this is how what and why I want you to submit your defensive starters once the season starts.

Why? Because Yahoo doesn't differentiate between DLs and LBs but we do. That's why.

What? Yahoo considers DLs and LBs to be the same thing. :thumbsup:

You have three defensive positions from yahoo on your team.

How?

This is how they are listed, and what they are for, according to Yahoo:

DL-- This postition can be a DL or an LB

DB-- This position is for DBs

D-- This position is for any D, consider it a flex option.

This is what they are for, for our purposes:

DL-- You'll have two of these. Yahoo will allow you to put DLs and LBs in these spots. Only put two NFL Defensive Lineman in these two spots.

DB-- You'll have two of these. Start two DBs here. You have no other option, thankfully.

D-- You'll have four of these. Always put two LBs in two of these four spots. The other two are your flex.

If you do that, then my job of scanning for roster errors is very easy. I generally check your lineups on Friday or Saturday, and if someone has made an error, I will send an early email and post the error here. This is really simple, but I will explain it a couple more times, so there are no excuses once the season starts rolling.

Thanks for reading.

Be sure to give Commish the ability to edit your team. It's the only way I can enforce the mandatory DL rule. My only other option is to delete your team if I cannot edit it, and you refuse to play by the rules. :D

Speaking of that! I expect last year's members remembered to give commish edit powers, but if any of you newbies (and if some of you returnees forgot), then delete your team and sign back up, giving me the ability to edit your team. It's pretty important.

It's pretty important, and I will test your teams for editability in a couple days for those of you who forgot or didn't know.

Ok, I've checked around on the site and can't find a place to see if I have this set correct or not. Anyone know where to click?

I don't see the Allow Commish To Edit option either. I think it used to be on the Edit Team Info page but it's not now.

Also, a note if anyone his having problems navigating to the league page at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/27853 and getting this:

There was a problem:

just add a / to the URL so that it is http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/27853/

Unfortunately some of the Yahoo links to the League page don't include the extra / and as a result this error occurs when clicking on them.

Ok, I've checked around on the site and can't find a place to see if I have this set correct or not. Anyone know where to click?

I signed in at another private league that was posted on the mange board to see if the edit or not to edit option existed, and it didn't. I don't know what that means in regards to our little DL/LB differences with Yahoo, so I'm going to just ask that you all be very careful with your defensive lineups for now. If all I can do is delete a team that cheats, well, that would really suxor, because honest mistakes are made. :angry:

I'm moving this puppy to myfantasyleague or some such site next season, and it won't cost members more than 10 bucks a pop. Don't get me wrong, I think Yahoo is amazingly competitive with features considering we get it for free, but in the end, I want this one little glich fixed. Maybe now that Mike and Yahoo are "partnered" he can explain to them what nonsense it is to make DLs and LBs the same thing? I'll run it by him, but it's not changing for this year.

Anyway, apparently, you cannot choose to let me edit your teams. Let's just hope that I can. Believe me, it's a good thing if I can. If you mistakenly play an extra LB beyond our rules, which Yahoo will allow you to do, editing allows me to adjust your team's score for that one player. Not being able to edit that mistake will fock up our true points tallies, and in last years case, it would have completely changed the outcome of our final standings and playoffs. I would have to use the board for our "adjusted" results and standings. Yuck.

Just remember to start legit lineups and this is a non-issue! Only one blew it last year, but on several occasions I had to red flag a lineup before it was corrected.

I signed in at another private league that was posted on the mange board to see if the edit or not to edit option existed, and it didn't.

I also immediately deleted that team, whose name was, "FuhnerEdit?" Prolly pissed off the gaytard who claimed he's never lost a Yahoo league that he commished. Interesting that three teams all signed up on day one within minutes of each other. Bastage owns all three for sure. :angry: