Sign in to follow this  
Some Guy

Mid 1st Round RB's

OK, what are you guys looking at for the 6th pick in a PPR re-draft. Let's assume LT, Steven Jackson, LJ, Alexander, Addai go top 5 - which I'm pretty sure they will in this leage - is Gore the pick at 6?

Gore - Broken hand, should be non-issue by season start. Loss of OC. Only one good season.

Willie Parker - ice on knee and not practicing right now.

Rudi - safe, but no huge upside so far in career

Westbrook - injury concern, and health of McNabb

Maroney - looking like possible RBBC

R Bush - huge upside but shares the load - would rather wait for Jones-Drew in 2nd round with similar risk and upside

Ronnie Brown - O-line and Green at QB concern

Jones Drew - see Bush

Who is the safe bet for solid numbers with minimal downside?

I have the #6 spot in a 12 man redraft and i am going travis henry, he is going to be huge.

Taking Henry at 6th isn't all that crazy. I'm at 6 too and could even consider taking him there despite SA and Gore probably both being available too (Manning and Addai will got top 5 in my league).

DEN's defense is going to be solid and we know they can run. Henry has a lot of talent and 1,500 yards with 10 TDs should be no problem.

I like Gore in your senario, however, LJ could be slidding, SA has fallen to 6th or worse in many drafts and I don't see Addai as a lock for the top 5 either. In other words one of those top 5 players could be there at 6.

I would go with the Rb who caught 77 balls last year and easily outscored everyone else in the discussion in ppr format.

Taking Henry at 6th isn't all that crazy. I'm at 6 too and could even consider taking him there despite SA and Gore probably both being available too (Manning and Addai will got top 5 in my league).

DEN's defense is going to be solid and we know they can run. Henry has a lot of talent and 1,500 yards with 10 TDs should be no problem.

1500 and 10 should be just good enough to put him well behind one of these backs who do about the same only catch 50-75 balls as well.

Gore - if he is there, you take him and don't think twice.

The only other player I would even consider would be Westbrook. The rest aren't in the same tier IMO.

Everyone has missed the obvious one.

Priest Holmes.

LJ holds out and Priest returns to gloryland of fantasy football.

As Priest always says "If I played fantasy football, I'd pick me first."

Or take Gorer if he's there.....if not, Fly til Addai!