Sign in to follow this  
Youngblood

With the #6 pick, is FWP.....

Our league's draft order was just posted, I'm sitting at #6. With Joe Addai climbing up everyone's wish list, I'm figuring Alexander is the RB taking the fall. Big Chiefs fan drafting ahead of me and he is the kind of homer who will take LJ no matter what.

If it comes down to FWP or SA, I think I almost have to go with FWP. No? I'm figuring this knee thing is just a way of keeping him out of the first couple of pre-season games to save him for the regular season. The only backup is Najeh "The Dump" Davenport and Kevan Barlow, so FWP is the only true #1 option in Steeler land.

So, a reach at 6?

Be prepared for an avalanche of players hanging from SA's nutsack to tell you you're crazy, but if the choice was between those two, I'd take Parker. If it's a PPR league, it's an even easier choice.

Be prepared for an avalanche of players hanging from SA's nutsack to tell you you're crazy, but if the choice was between those two, I'd take Parker. If it's a PPR league, it's an even easier choice.

I second everything Watchdog said.

Not a PPR leauge or else it would seal it for me. The Crank doesn't like FWP to duplicate his year last season.

Really scared by the age, mileage and foot problem of SA.

Not considering Rudi at #6 and if Addai is there, I'll snatch him, but I get this feeling his stock is higher than the crowd at Woodstock.

Not a PPR leauge or else it would seal it for me. The Crank doesn't like FWP to duplicate his year last season.

Really scared by the age, mileage and foot problem of SA.

Not considering Rudi at #6 and if Addai is there, I'll snatch him, but I get this feeling his stock is higher than the crowd at Woodstock.

I'm in the same position. My league is also non-PPR but big bonuses for long TDs and RBs catching/throwing TDs.

I'm 6th and expect LT, SJ, LJ, Addai and Gore to be gone leaving me to decide between...

SA - Crank has spooked me off him too.

FWP - Love him but the knee is actually making me nervous as is last years heavy load.

Bush - VERY TEMPTING and despite Deuce and RBBC, I expect 20 TOUCHES per game

Westbrook - I don't want to be reading the injury reports all year.

Henry - Shanny is practically promising 1,500 and 10 TDs minimum.

It's a tough call for me but if I drafted right now, I would nervously take Bush.

P.S. I also don't want to have to decide on LJ (post 400+ carries) or Gore (he just doesn't stay healthy for more than 1 year at a time) so I'm hoping they're gone by my pick or I may be passing on them anyway or looking to trade out.

I'm in the same position. My league is also non-PPR but big bonuses for long TDs and RBs catching/throwing TDs.

I'm 6th and expect LT, SJ, LJ, Addai and Gore to be gone leaving me to decide between...

FWP - Love him but the knee is actually making me nervous as is last years heavy load.

It's a tough call for me but if I drafted right now, I would nervously take Bush.

P.S. I also don't want to have to decide on LJ (post 400+ carries) or Gore (he just doesn't stay healthy for more than 1 year at a time) so I'm hoping they're gone by my pick or I may be passing on them anyway or looking to trade out.

I have the 6th pick in my league (PPR) and I am hoping Addai falls to me. Most of the people picking ahead of me are traditionalists and I think are more likely to go LT, SJ, LJ, Gore, and hopefully SA. If Addai isn't there I think I will reach a little on Westbrook (I only say reach because of injury concern). If FWP's knee wasn't bothering him, he'd be my choice.

I think FWP is a better pick the SA. Last yr WFP ran for 200+ yrds in two games, he is younger, faster, and has a better line in front. :overhead:

Guest _my_2_cents_

I would also take Parker over Alexander. He had a few 200+ games, and a few monster receiving games. On a team with a shortage of viable receivers he makes an interesting option.

The knee concerns me a bit - if word out of preseason/camp is that his knee is a non-factor then I absolutely take him at 6 over a 30 y/o SA.

If the knee is still swollen and having issues and SA is looking sharp in preseason then I go with SA.

There's no doubting FWP's running skills and YPC, but I don't love him in a PPR. He only had one game with more than 4 catches (7 vs. Den on 11/05/2006). He had 3 total catches in 5 December games.

He's basically a two-down back. Only 14 of his 337 carries came on 3rd or 4th down last year.

I would also take Parker over Alexander. He had a few 200+ games, and a few monster receiving games. On a team with a shortage of viable receivers he makes an interesting option.

I believe he only had one game last year (Denver?) where he had good stats through the air. I owned him last year and it was very frustrating to see him pulled on most passing downs for Davenpoop.

That said, I think if the Steelers follow through with the promise of more of a spread offense, that will create a healthy boost for FWP's stat line.

Guest _my_2_cents_
That said, I think if the Steelers follow through with the promise of more of a spread offense, that will create a healthy boost for FWP's stat line.

This is exactly what I am basing my projection on - what they are expected to do, not what they did last year.

And comparatively, 4 receptions is like a season's receiving totals for SA.

I would take FWP over SA. FWP will have a great season. The Steelers are gonna open things up a bit on offense and FWP will benefit from this greatly. Plus he is going to be used more in passing situations. I expect a great year from Fast Willie.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Why not go with Westy at #6? We know he has a good O-line and will be in the game for all 3rd downs. :huh:

Like Parker, he's already hurt. Westbrook has a more extensive history of injury, so it's a little sketchy.

But if deemed healthy in the preseason I would take Westbrook over FWP and FWP over SA in a PPR league.

And again - Westbrook isn't healthy, FWP's knee is still an issue and SA is healthy, I take SA in a redraft league. I think SA has a legit chance to bounce back with a 20 TD season - which would more than make up for his lack of receptions.

I also believe the Seahawks are a better offense than the Steelers right now. Especially with the unknown factors of the new coaching scheme.

But I wouldn't fault anyone for taking either FWP or SA at 6. In a PPR I suspect a healthy Westbrook would go higher than that.

Even in a non PPR league Westbrook would not be a bad pick at # 6 or 7. The offense basically runs through Westbrook. He will ALWAYS be in the mix either running or receiving. FWP can catch the ball well, but for some odd reason they don't have him catching many balls. Also, I am a little bit leery of FWP because we don't know what role he will play in the new offense.

Yes.. A player who has only had 1 year in the last 6 with under 15 TDs and only 1 injury in his NFL career sucks! Go with FWP. Leave SA for us idiots at #7.

i'm drafting #6 in a ppr league. because of all of the concerns referenced above about the various rb's plus the fact that i want to to be as sure as possible that my 1st pick does well, i'm going addai. if not available, i'm going bush.

No chance he averages 20 touches a game... You are making that up to rationalize overdrafting him, and thus drafting away his upside. Terrible move, but made countless times by fanboys and idiots who play too much Madden.

Bush is the worst pick of the lot of them considering you aren't in a PPR. and it isn't even close.

I just wish I had the #1 spot so I didn't have to make an important decision until 2.12.

SJ at the 2 is pretty no brainer as well.

1 in 6 chance you can sit in a drunken peace for the first two rounds. :thumbsup:

Yes.. A player who has only had 1 year in the last 6 with under 15 TDs and only 1 injury in his NFL career sucks! Go with FWP. Leave SA for us idiots at #7.

Well past FF studs E.Smith, T.Davis, E.Smith, M.Faulk, E.James, P.Holmes only remained elite for 3-5 years, then fell off considerably and never attained elite status again.

Well past FF studs E.Smith, T.Davis, E.Smith, M.Faulk, E.James, P.Holmes only remained elite for 3-5 years, then fell off considerably and never attained elite status again.

Lets talk about Cleveland Gary, Barry Foster, Okoye, Rodney Hampton.....

I still have my collection of Cliff Carpenter's Fantasy Guides from '89-96 or so...

I like SA number 3 overall. I look at the downside of LJ (400+ carries and not in camp, no QB, no receivers), Gore (broken hand), Addai (never carried a full load), Westy (always hurt), FWP (nothing really wrong with him). SA is coming off an injury, but did play well on his return. If all these guys have serious knocks (sans FWP) what is the upside? SA, if healthy, can still easily score 15-20 tds and run for another 1500+. I'm not sure if the others can do that this year.

I like SA number 3 overall. I look at the downside of LJ (400+ carries and not in camp, no QB, no receivers), Gore (broken hand), Addai (never carried a full load), Westy (always hurt), FWP (nothing really wrong with him). SA is coming off an injury, but did play well on his return. If all these guys have serious knocks (sans FWP) what is the upside? SA, if healthy, can still easily score 15-20 tds and run for another 1500+. I'm not sure if the others can do that this year.

Gore leads the NFC in rushing, is a pass catching machine, basically a ladainian on a team not as good as the chargers but improving immensely. and a hurt wrist during the summer ends your analysis.

Enjoy...SA has his contract, he still doesn't have Hutchinson, and there is no real reason why he would suddenly bounce back.

that being said, he is still a safe pick because he is the feature back, but i've watched the SA show game by game, after the 3rd 5 point performance you'll be tearing whats left of your hair out.

SJ at the 2 is pretty no brainer as well.

1 in 6 chance you can sit in a drunken peace for the first two rounds. :blink:

Meh, the problem is I'm high on Gore, so I would probably want to make some trades with the #3 or 4 guy since I know he might want SJax. And I can get Gore AND some value.

Chances are I will never be in drunken peace :(

but stoner heaven...that's another story

The knee concerns me a bit - if word out of preseason/camp is that his knee is a non-factor then I absolutely take him at 6 over a 30 y/o SA.

If the knee is still swollen and having issues and SA is looking sharp in preseason then I go with SA.

I was curious about his receiving stats when you said that, so I looked it up and he only had 33 recepts for 222 yds...though he did get 3TDs. The TDs really boost his receiving stats. I was thinking that he had more recpt and yds but not really that good looking back. Maybe he will get more catches this year and they will utilize his speed more out in open space.

That's fair enough. I've got the second pick so I won't have to make that decision. Gore has had a couple of major knee surgeries in college and now the broken hand (should be fine for game 1) and he had a huge load last year for the first time. I think there will be a bit of a bounce this year.

Meh, the problem is I'm high on Gore, so I would probably want to make some trades with the #3 or 4 guy since I know he might want SJax. And I can get Gore AND some value.

Chances are I will never be in drunken peace :blink:

but stoner heaven...that's another story

Wow, you might be the first poster i don't have mild a disgust for.

well done

Just hoping Addai drops to 6, but if not, I will go with FWP. If Gore drops, I'll snag him, but the injury concern really bothers me about him as with Westbrook. Both of these guys were relatively healthy all 16 last year and it is very difficult to repeat that for a feature RB.

Alexander, according to all reports, looks very good in camp, but that is against no competition. The line isn't as good as in past years.

LJ is a no-no for me, I'll avoid him like a rabid skunk. The O-line in KC is patchwork at best and if Croyle is named the starter, I just know defenses will pack the box and hammer LJ.

Draft in two weeks....scouring the training camp reports!!

At number 6 in your draft I would rank the players as follows:

Addai

Bush

Rudi

FWP

James

Alexander