Sign in to follow this  
dream_team

The most undervalued RB?

I've seen A.Green run a couple times live against the Bears. and one of the games I remember he had the single most impressive performance I have ever seen from a RB (live that is )... he was carring 6/7 and 8 guys, for ten-fifteen yards almost every carry! I never seen a guy run so hard! and go through so many people the way Green did that game!..

in his prime he was great!... last year I took "L.J/Westbrook/and Green as my third RB"...he kind of let me down because, I had Addia as well... and I would never play the right guy on the right week! and all year I killed myself, over and over! right out of the playoffs!... :pointstosky:

but would I take him as my #3 again this year ?...Heck yea!............... :pointstosky:

As I'm doing my research & reading all of the "expert" magazines, I have no idea why Ahman Green is consistently rated so low!? I'm not saying he's a top-tier back... but at the end of the 2nd round, that's when I'll start to put him in the picture.

The three knocks against him are:

1) His age.

2) His durability.

And the biggest of the three...

3) He plays for the Texans.

Ok, I admit durability is an issue... but I believe that is the ONLY reason he shouldn't be top-tier. And his age? He's only 30! Same age as Shaun Alexander. He's not young, probably not good for keeper leagues, but not a reason to stay away from this season.

The biggest myth of them all, though, is that he plays for the Texans. Sure, their O-line isn't great, and the passing game is mediocre. But keep in mind, this is the same team that made Domanick Davis (Williams) a fantasy stud! It had people know the name Wali Lundy. It got people to do the unthinkable last year, pick-up Ron Dayne from free agency. Ahman Green is clearly the most talented back they ever had in their short history, and Texans backs have historically produced, so it's hard for me to see Ahman Green doing anything less?

Does this make sense? Or am I blinded by my Texans loyalty? (yes, I'm a Texans fan)

Go ahead and take Green, and I will take Ron Dayne on the waiver wire in week 7 and make him my 4th - 5th RB. When Green goes down and he will go down, your second round bust will kill your fantasy team and I will taunt you with Dayne. I might let you have dayne for one of your starting receivers.

I wouldn't take him in the 2nd or 3rd round, though. I think he's falling farther than that, typically.

I got him at 6.10 (10 team league) in my $$ that was completed about an hr ago.

Go ahead and take Green, and I will take Ron Dayne on the waiver wire in week 7 and make him my 4th - 5th RB. When Green goes down and he will go down, your second round bust will kill your fantasy team and I will taunt you with Dayne. I might let you have dayne for one of your starting receivers.

Who's taking Green in the second round? Nobody. He's got good value in 4/5/6 rounds. And while he might pull up gimpy a game or two, as my RB3 I'll just bench him until he returns. In those rounds, he's low risk and medium to high reward.