Sign in to follow this  
beefalo

word on t. jones

I completed my first draft of the season yesterday about noon and was thrilled to get T. Jones with the 8th pick of the third round. This morning i hear he went down with a non contact lower leg injury? WTF any word?

Twisted an ankle, walked off under his own power.

Is that confirmed? From what I've read, he was able to move his ankle.

Read same thing.....twisted - not even worthy of an MRI

Sprained ankle (we think). It was taped and wrapped after he twisted it. He's on the sidelines today (no boot... no cast) walking with a limp... but he is walking. No mention of the dreaded "high ankle sprain" from the Jets. But Mangini never gives out any info on injuries. Best guess is that he rests until the final pre-season game and then gets 2 or 3 series. He should start opening day vs. the Patriots.

Sprained ankle (we think). It was taped and wrapped after he twisted it. He's on the sidelines today (no boot... no cast) walking with a limp... but he is walking. No mention of the dreaded "high ankle sprain" from the Jets. But Mangini never gives out any info on injuries. Best guess is that he rests until the final pre-season game and then gets 2 or 3 series. He should start opening day vs. the Patriots.

This is from JetNation.com

Posted at 10:14 am in Camp Reports, Jet News by Administrator

By JetCane

As reported, Thomas Jones appeared to have sustained a sprained ankle today at the 40 minute mark of practice. They were still doing individual unit drills/reps, and word is he rolled his ankle. Jones was next seen with a brace on the ankle, trying to walk with a trainer next to him. He was obviously limping. The good news is that he put some light weight on it when he was trying to walk it off. They put ice on it and he did not return to practice. I did not see him riding the bike, though there are reports that he was.

From Rotoworld today. Nothing to see here.

Thomas Jones’ mysterious leg injury didn’t require an X-ray and, although he didn’t attempt to run afterwards, he did put weight on the leg occasionally.

It doesn’t appear too serious, but he might be sidelined for a few days as a precaution.