Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Totally unrelated, but I trust you guys.

Geeks, I'm having a bit of a hard time with a decision. I'm not about to ask advice of the cherries, so I come to you in my time of need!

In my big money, 10 team, 3 keeper fantasy fraft, I pick 5th. I'm torn on who to grab with my first pick (4th round).

My keepers are Shaun Alexander, Torry Holt, and Brandon Jacobs

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/DEF/K

These are the available backs.

Travis Henry

Maurice Jones Drew

Thomas Jones

Ced Benson

---------------------

Marshawn Lynch

Deuce McAllister

Cadi Williams

Adrian Peterson (MIN)

Assuming the top 4 will most likely be gone I'm looking at the bottom 4. My heart is telling me Lynch because of the age, young team, good hands, etc., but my head is telling me Deuce. I think Deuce will get almost as many carries, on a better team, with the GL looks.

Give me some guidance!

out of that list, I think you would be nuts not to take Henry right now. MJD or T.Jones would be my 2nd choice. Mcallister wouldnt even be a thought that early. I like Lynch, but be carefull because I have a feeling he will not be getting short yardage work, and will lose out there to A-Train or Wright. If you are considering going with a WR, Id take Calvin Johnson since its a keeper league(I believe the hype)

out of that list, I think you would be nuts not to take Henry right now. MJD or T.Jones would be my 2nd choice. Mcallister wouldnt even be a thought that early. I like Lynch, but be carefull because I have a feeling he will not be getting short yardage work, and will lose out there to A-Train or Wright. If you are considering going with a WR, Id take Calvin Johnson since its a keeper league(I believe the hype)

Ofcourse I'd take Henry or T.Jones.

I have the 5th pick so I'm assuming the first 4 will be gone (all the first 4 teams need a RB). If they aren't I'd take any of the 4 before Lynch or Deuce.

As for Calvin, you're nuts (and I'm a Lions fan). I've already got Holt so worrying about keeping 2 WR's in a 3 RB league would be retarded. Furthermore he plays opposite one of the best WR's in the league so there's no way he breaks into the top 6-8 WR's (making him worth a keeper pick). I could grab a guy like Plax, Andre Johnson, or Deion coming back in the 5th so I think I'll be ok at WR.

Mcallister will get you 1000 yards plus the td's to go with it. He would be my 1st pick

Caddy - Alstott is gone, Caddy should should continue to get the opportunities to run the ball. No rbbc here unless you are worried about pittman. All you can ask for are touches and Caddy will get a majority of those. 2nd choice.

Peterson would be my third pick. I think he is just that good. Plus that left side of the line is awesome. Not to mention they play detroit and the Pack 2x. I also believe he'll get his fair share of carries even with Taylor starting.

Lynch is making me nervous with the A-train still there and all this RBBC stuff. This division has some pretty tough defenses in Miami, NE, and the jets. He gets my fourth vote.

Mcallister will get you 1000 yards plus the td's to go with it. He would be my 1st pick

Caddy - Alstott is gone, Caddy should should continue to get the opportunities to run the ball. No rbbc here unless you are worried about pittman. All you can ask for are touches and Caddy will get a majority of those. 2nd choice.

Peterson would be my third pick. I think he is just that good. Plus that left side of the line is awesome. Not to mention they play detroit and the Pack 2x. I also believe he'll get his fair share of carries even with Taylor starting.

Lynch is making me nervous with the A-train still there and all this RBBC stuff. This division has some pretty tough defenses in Miami, NE, and the jets. He gets my fourth vote.

Thanks man, that's my thinking at this point too. I think Lynch, Peterson, Caddy might have mor evalue down the road but I've already got a risky #2 back in Jacobs. I'm thinking I'd be better served taking Duece for FLEX and then see where Turner lands next year. If Turner doesn't wind up in Clev or one of the RBBC teams he could be huge next year. Looking at the tendencies of my league in the past I think Turnerin the 7th is a lock and I could probably get him in the 8th if I wanted to take the risk.

Anymore insight from you guys would be great though!

Ofcourse I'd take Henry or T.Jones.

I have the 5th pick so I'm assuming the first 4 will be gone (all the first 4 teams need a RB). If they aren't I'd take any of the 4 before Lynch or Deuce.

As for Calvin, you're nuts (and I'm a Lions fan). I've already got Holt so worrying about keeping 2 WR's in a 3 RB league would be retarded. Furthermore he plays opposite one of the best WR's in the league so there's no way he breaks into the top 6-8 WR's (making him worth a keeper pick). I could grab a guy like Plax, Andre Johnson, or Deion coming back in the 5th so I think I'll be ok at WR.

I still say Peterson out of that group.

As for your opinion of CJ....you will be very happy you were wrong since you are a Lions fan. Roy will be the #2 wr in that offense sooner than later

I still say Peterson out of that group.

As for your opinion of CJ....you will be very happy you were wrong since you are a Lions fan. Roy will be the #2 wr in that offense sooner than later

How about this... I've been staring at this list for a while and I think I might have hit something...

I can take Gates 1st (35th overall)!

Looking at who has who and who's on the board that would leave me a WR of atleast DD/Walker/Evans caliber in the 5th, and someone like Jerious, Lewis, Barber, Bell in the 6th.

SA

Holt

Jacobs

Gates

DDriver

Norwood

Hass/Kitna

Turner

Hackett/Clayton

2nd QB

That might be better than...

SA

Holt

Jacobs

McAllister/Cadi/AP/Lynch

DDriver

??? Gonz/Davis...

Hass/Kitna

Turner

Hackett/Clayton

2nd QB

Which team would you guys prefer?

Come on 2 cents! I know you're reading this focker!

Guest _my_2_cents_
How about this... I've been staring at this list for a while and I think I might have hit something...

I can take Gates 1st (35th overall)!

Looking at who has who and who's on the board that would leave me a WR of atleast DD/Walker/Evans caliber in the 5th, and someone like Jerious, Lewis, Barber, Bell in the 6th.

SA

Holt

Jacobs

Gates

DDriver

Norwood

Hass/Kitna

Turner

Hackett/Clayton

2nd QB

That might be better than...

SA

Holt

Jacobs

McAllister/Cadi/AP/Lynch

DDriver

??? Gonz/Davis...

Hass/Kitna

Turner

Hackett/Clayton

2nd QB

Which team would you guys prefer?

Come on 2 cents! I know you're reading this focker!

I like the Gates idea. That's a solid pick for present & long term. I think Deuce is sketchy for his injury history and his RBBC status from a futures perspective.

Gates & Jacobs both give you "win now" quality with future upside.

I like the notion of getting those guys.

If you could pull it off go for it. I have Gates in a dynasty/idp league, and I love im. In redrafts though, Ive been the first one jumping on Vernon because I think hes got Gates like upside, and I knew I could get him 3 rounds later. Ive noticed Vernons adp has been climbing a little since my last draft, so Im not sure what he would cost now. I think I might have to take him in the 5th if I really wanted to make sure he was on my team. Back to you....If you are confidant in that strategy I think you should do it. Gates would be worth more to your team than your 3rd rb

Thanks for the help guys.

I decided to pass on ADPeterson and took Gates like discussed. Deuce ended up coming back to me in the 5th so It ended up working pretty good actually!

Shaun Alexander (K)

Torry Holt (K)

Brandon Jacobs (K)

Antonio Gates (4.5)

Deuce McCallister (5.6)

Donovan McNabb (6.5)

Plaxico Burress (7.6!!!!!) (Deion, Reggie Brown, Coles, Braylon, Ward and Calvin Johnson all went before him)

Matt Hass (8.5)

Michael Turner (9.6)

Mark Clayton (10.5)

then I took a flyer on James Jones, got my Minny D, etc, etc that last couple rounds... I'm a little thin at WR but we only start 2 and it's only a 10 team league so the WW is pretty easy to pick WR's up from.

I wouldn't touch McNabb this year. Scooter opened my eyes (I hate giving props) earlier in the off season. SA could be good, but I am not hanging my hat on that peg this season.

While we are touting our other teams...

Just drafted in my 10 team guppy league. Sacrificed WR to load up elsewhere. In the sixth round, I could have had Boldin in lieu of MBIII was my toughest decision.

Carson Palmer

Schaub

Stephen Jackson

Addai

M Barber III

Lamont Jordan

Gates

Daniels

Plaxico

Galloway

DJ Hackett

Vincent Jackson

Ron Curry

I franchised Addai & got Stephen Jackson with the first overall pick. Can't franchise the same player two years in a row...goofy rule. BTW: No! You cannot join my $100 guppy league.

I wouldn't touch McNabb this year. Scooter opened my eyes (I hate giving props) earlier in the off season. SA could be good, but I am not hanging my hat on that peg this season.

While we are touting our other teams...

Just drafted in my 10 team guppy league. Sacrificed WR to load up elsewhere. In the sixth round, I could have had Boldin in lieu of MBIII was my toughest decision.

Carson Palmer

Schaub

Stephen Jackson

Addai

M Barber III

Lamont Jordan

Gates

Daniels

Plaxico

Galloway

DJ Hackett

Vincent Jackson

Ron Curry

I franchised Addai & got Stephen Jackson with the first overall pick. Can't franchise the same player two years in a row...goofy rule. BTW: No! You cannot join my $100 guppy league.

Eh whatever, McNabb was a steal at 6.5, I don't care what you say. I made sure to get another borderline QB1 shortly after just in case though.

I would have definitely taken Boldin over MB3 too. Lamont will be fine as a RB3 imo.

Eh whatever, McNabb was a steal at 6.5, I don't care what you say. I made sure to get another borderline QB1 shortly after just in case though.

I would have definitely taken Boldin over MB3 too. Lamont will be fine as a RB3 imo.

:music_guitarred: what he said...except Im not sure about the impact Rhodes will have on Jordan after the first 4 games