Sign in to follow this  
Thurman51

2nd round RB's...

I'm about 99% sure I'm going RB in round 1 and 2. I have a mid-round selection and there are about SEVEN running backs that I feel are tough to choose between and certainly a few will be available in round 2. I have them ranked like this...(PPR league)

Assuming Mcgahee is my 12th ranked RB:

13-T. Jones

14-Rudi

15-Edge

16-M. Jones-Drew

17-B. Jacobs

18-R. Brown

19-C. Benson

I would feel very comfortable with TJ as my #2 and maybe edge as well but not so much with Brown, Benson, or even Jones-Drew.

How do you see it?

given the players you listed:

12-rudi (1300 yds and 12) you have to take him if hes there at 12

13-brown hope he benefits from new system

14-Mcgahee should be featured back in rb favored system...has never had a great nfl year though

15-benson see Mcgahee

16-jones RBBC for jets last year put up decent numbers and he should get bulk of them this year if healthy

17-edge didnt look good most of last year but finished strong, does he still have much left in the tank?

18 jacobs could be a monster if he can handle load, which he should be able to do

19 MJD call me one of the fools who dont want to use a second rd pick on him, well find out soon enough whos right

I'm about 99% sure I'm going RB in round 1 and 2. I have a mid-round selection and there are about SEVEN running backs that I feel are tough to choose between and certainly a few will be available in round 2. I have them ranked like this...(PPR league)

Assuming Mcgahee is my 12th ranked RB:

13-T. Jones

14-Rudi

15-Edge

16-M. Jones-Drew

17-B. Jacobs

18-R. Brown

19-C. Benson

I would feel very comfortable with TJ as my #2 and maybe edge as well but not so much with Brown, Benson, or even Jones-Drew.

How do you see it?

If he is available, which I don't think he will be, the hands down choice for me would be Rudi.

if rudi is there when you pick its a no brainer IMO

I agree, if Rudi's gonna be your 2nd RB....you're in great shape.

T Jones is scaring me now with all the achilles/calf strain talk.

I disagree on Rudi.

In PPR leagues I think you have to drop Rudi down (I have him at #15 in pts in my PPR league, even after projecting 1250 and 12 for him running the football)

Not much of a fan of McGahee either (for the same reason)

I like Edge, Brown, and MJD (esp the latter in a keeper league)

HTH

I agree that Rudy drops down in a PPR league but I don't think you can pass on him at this point. If it is a keeper/dynasty league I would take MJD...

Good luck

Please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=280841

If Rudi's there, he's as close to a sure thing as you can get

people put too much emphasis on the PPR aspect and often overlook the guy who's still gonna put up yds and TDs simply because he won't get some extra points off catches

that's goofy thinking

After Rudi, I LOVE MJD....he's a Reggie Bush like weapon that D's are gonna have a hard time figuring out and he is one "Fragile Fred Taylor" scratch away from starring in the show.

Just as I expected...all over the board with opinions.

I think this will be my toughest call of the draft. I know the guys I want to target late...etc etc. This second round pick could seriously make or break a championship. Given how close some of these RBs APPEAR to be, the decision is most definitely a difficult one.

I agree with some of you who say it's hard to pass on Rudi if he is there mid-second round. I'm just a big believer in pass-catching rbs. At this spot I'm not all that impressed with Benson, Brown just scares me because of that offense, Jones-Drew has to be on the field to get points and there's just something about Edge that scares me as well!

I look at Thomas Jones as a fairly safe pick. I really like Jacobs as well but mid 2nd just feels too early for him given I think the Giants will struggle and he is unproven. Any more viewpoints?

yea rudi is my target for tenth overall in my 10 team league, then i have those other guys in therr for the second. rudi and willis is your best bet since u have willis so high already. but lets pretend rudi is gone...id think edge but thats a few pickes too high for me. between maroney, rudi and willis u should get 2 of those.

Thomas Jones. He's average. I have him ranked as my 27th RB. Could help your team as a RB2 if you grab a top Wideout in the 2nd round, and he lasts 'til the 3rd round. I still don't like him though.

Ronnie Brown and Edge James have talent, but both of their o-lines are horrible. yuck, count me out.

M. Drew has serious skills, burst, balance, breakaway speed, touchdown history (including college). However his touches are limited so he probably will be inconsistent. :thumbsdown:

Rudi is consistent and a nice RB2. Ced Benson and Brandon Jacobs should be solid RB2s as well - both are powerful and score touchdowns and should get plenty of opportunity.