Sign in to follow this  
yjojimboo

Trade Help!?!

I am in a PPR league with some work buddies, and oddly enough this trade came to me this morning.

Donald Driver for Brandon Jacobs.

I am tempted because we can start 3rbs and 4wrs

For Rbs I have LT2, SJax, and Reggie Bush

For starting WRs I have Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Laveraneus Coles, and Santana Moss. I don't have much depth though at RB, just the handcuffs for 2 of my starters (McAllister and Turner), and Jacobs.

I have a little more depth at WR, with Cotchery, Vincent Jackson, Chris Chambers, and Kevin Curtis.

In addition, this other guy has Brian Leonard, and I was thinking of making a counter offer giving him a WR for Leonard (so I have the handcuff for Sjax).

What do you guys think? Would doing that make me too shallow at RB? Would my other WRs have a good chance of outperforming Driver this year? How do you guys feel Driver will do?

Thanks for your help, and I will respond to any links left.

I would say pull the trigger on this trade. You obviously have 3 solid (read: incredible) ppr backs and might as well stack at WR. You could get the handcuff by offering coles or moss, but wow.... May I ask how many teams are in this league that you ended up with SJax and LT? Also reggie in ppr? Maybe these guys are mental or maybe your league is really shallow. I can't really hate because I'm in an 8 team also.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281173

I would assume you have those rb's cause it is a keeper league. And i wouldnt do this trade in a keeper league, Driver is old, and jacobs is young, plus with tiki got alot of receptions in the past, we dont know if Jacobs will continue that, but i say there is a 50/50 shot. If you are insistant on this trade ask for something else in addition, haggle and try to upgrade one of your other WR's in addition.

It is an 8 team work league. And some of the people are a little goofy with their picks. We have a GB/SEA homer (the one offering the trade...he took Favre with his first pick), but I got LT at #1 and Bush in rd 2. I trade portis, betts, calvin johnson, kevin jones, and jon kitna for SJAX and Chris Chambers (just wanted another WR that would have about the same season as johnson). The SJAX trade was to a huge Lions fan (I am too being from MI, but there is no loyalty in FF). I was going to keep Jacobs as a backup for the starting three on bye weeks, but he has the same bye week as SJax, and I still have McAllister. Also today, I am able to pick up Warrick Dunn (somebody dropped him for...Cecil Sapp?!?! - am I missing something there?). So with Dunn as a bye week standin, should I try it? Or wait and hope he blows up in the regular season and try and trade him for someone else, like Chad Johnson or Reggie Wayne (plenty of other teams went WR strong and missed out on good RB2s and RB3s).

It is an 8 team work league. And some of the people are a little goofy with their picks. We have a GB/SEA homer (the one offering the trade...he took Favre with his first pick), but I got LT at #1 and Bush in rd 2. I trade portis, betts, calvin johnson, kevin jones, and jon kitna for SJAX and Chris Chambers (just wanted another WR that would have about the same season as johnson). The SJAX trade was to a huge Lions fan (I am too being from MI, but there is no loyalty in FF). I was going to keep Jacobs as a backup for the starting three on bye weeks, but he has the same bye week as SJax, and I still have McAllister. Also today, I am able to pick up Warrick Dunn (somebody dropped him for...Cecil Sapp?!?! - am I missing something there?). So with Dunn as a bye week standin, should I try it? Or wait and hope he blows up in the regular season and try and trade him for someone else, like Chad Johnson or Reggie Wayne (plenty of other teams went WR strong and missed out on good RB2s and RB3s).

The reason Cecil Sapp was picked up over dunn, is because Sapp is the only healthy RB that Denver has right now, Henry has a grade 1 MCL sprain(very mild will play week 1) and Mike bell is out the first 3-4 weeks with a hip injury. And he is probably hoping that Henry's injury is actually more serious than what it is, or maybe he is hoping that because of henry's injury it will force shanahan to convert back to a RBBC, and everyone knows denvers RBBC> atlanta's RBBC.

I'd keep Jacobs for that offer. I know it's filling a need for you but you don't have to give him that much of a discount.