Keeper Help - QUICK POLL! WHIR!

who would you want?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. best RB for keeper league.

• Cedric Benson
    • Thomas Jones
    • Marshawn Lynch
    • Adrian Peterson (MIN)

Who would you want first in a keeper league? Taking into consideration winning now and planning for the future orcourse.

If you want help in return, tell me WHY and leave a link.

:doublethumbsup:

voted for lynch as i think he gives you the best comination of value this year and going forward. but it all depends on the rest of your team and how well you look this year.

if you have a solid shot at winning it all then i think jones will have the most production this year, but will be limited going forward

on the other hand, i like peterson the most in years to come, but don't expect much from him this year.

lynch should produce this year and be a valuable keeper for years to come

not a fan of benson

thanks for mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281054

thanks for mine!

I like the gamble on this one and take Peterson. Not much a gamble really as this guy is pretty awesome. I realize he will be following the footsteps of Chester Taylor, but he is sure to lose the starting position to a younger, faster, more explosive running back like Peterson. Look what he did at OU! Sure he had a bunch of mild injuries preventing him from finishing a whole season in college. If he stays healthy he is going to be a scary addition out of the backfield (Reggie Bush type stats)! I say shake the dice in a keeper league and go with the youngster!

thanks for mine.

i like lynch for the same reasons stated above. he will give u production this year and increasingly going forward.

Thanks for mine....

Personally, I'd go with Peterson, even with Taylor around. I understand the "win-now" mentality, but Peterson's the more talented of the two. When I select keepers, I personally take into account how they'll perform in the season, but if I think it's a toss-up, I usually base my decision on which player has more all-around ability. While Lynch can also excel in the passing game, I still think Peterson's more dynamic, and versatile.

Ok, I went with Peterson and here are my reasons.

Firstly, I absolutely do not like Cedric Benson, Period. I never was impressed with him in his limited time sharing and him getting the full load doesn't do much for my confidence in him lasting the whole season. TJones I think is very good, however, I don't believe that he upgraded his line from Chicago's. Also, Chicago's def. was a big reason he was able to not only get a lot of carries, but get lot of carries in opponent's territory.

That leaves the two Rooks. I honestly do not know much about Marshawn Lynch other than he is from Cal. That is the first thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I have visions of JJ Arrington all over again. I also can't get over the fact that he is on Buffalo. I know that people have said that they have an improved o-line, but frankly I am not willing to bet a long term pick on it. McGahee is a very good RB and he couldn't do shitt there. Oh yeah, and he is going to be the starter from day one.

That leads me to Peterson. He will be sharing carries with a talented vet throughout the year ala Addai last year. His O-line is arguably one of the best for run blocking with Hutchinson and Tony Richardson leading blocks, Peterson should get a lot of opportunities to break off long runs. And after that highlight reel run he threw up last week, spin move and all, he seems like he is truly comfortable. I think talent wise it is not an issue. He is better than Lynch right now and long term. Not to mention that Minny will be running the ball about 50 times a game and there Def will put them in scoring chances a lot this year.

That is why I took Peterson in your poll.

Again, thank you for answering mine.

1) Peterson (best talent)

2) Benson (playing for the best team)

3) Lynch (I would rank him #2 but his team is weak)

4) T Jones (will put up the best numbers in the short term, but is getting up there in age, and he will drop off in a couple of years)

good luck and check mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281038

Voted for AP... Jones is the answer for this year, but in a keeper league AP is the future for years to come.

I like Peterson going down the road out of that list, the vikings spent alot of money into that line, and while it didnt gel last year, O-lines very rarely gel the first year they play together. I would like to stash peterson for next year if that is a possibility.

I have argued already to you my feelings on lynch, and they still havent changed.

Probably the best win now RB would be benson, and he also is young, this will be his first year as "the man" and if he can produce(we dont know that about any of these guys but Jones) He will have 4 years of being the man, because thats how long RB's usually last.

Jones is on his last year of being able to produce, from what trends show, and he is already starting the year of injured, this does not bode well for his future.

Why AP might be a good choice this year, is look at the rookie running backs that have done well the last couple years, they really come on in week 10+, just in time for your playoff run. However that doesnt help you if you need a RB in the first weeks to get you to the playoffs.

M. Lynch to play, but might not start

Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF

News: BuffaloBills.com reports that rookie RB Marshawn Lynch is expected to see a lot of playing time when the team hosts the Titans in preseason play. Lynch has had only seven carries through the first two preseason games for 19 yards. The site also reports that Bills RB Anthony Thomas could get the start and the first few reps. Both players are expected to play into the third quarter.

Analysis: Lynch is expected to make an immediate impact in Buffalo and could be named the starter by the end of the preseason, though with Thomas starting the third preseason game, that could be up in the air. Monitor these running backs closely. Consider Lynch with an early- to middle-round pick as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy RB at this point in standard Fantasy play and a top-five pick in dynasty rookie-only drafts.

new news!

new news!

Ohhh, good looking out. Is that tonights game? I've got the TiVO set up for that one.

I went with Peterson. When the Vikings played the Jets a couple of weeks ago, he tore them up like paper through a shredder. The guy is simply a beast, a freak! He's big, strong and fast! I had posted a couple of months ago stating that Peterson reminded me of former Vikings RB Robert Smith, but I was wrong, he is bigger, and more talented.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281296