Sign in to follow this  
toppshelff

Pick my 4th keeper - looking for biggest upside

14 team league, start up to 3 RBs (premium), 0.5 PPR.

I have LT, Gore, Portis locked up as keepers (woohoo)

I have 3 1st round picks and an early 2nd (woohoo)

I think I'm solid, so am willing to gamble with my 4th keeper (high risk, high reward, not the safe pick).

Who has the higher upside this year and in the future:

Norwood

DeAngelo

Caddie

KJones

DJax (in case you really don't think 4 RBs is the way to go).

Trades happen often, so extra RBs can always be moved to fill extra roster spots. With picks 1.04 and 1.05 I should be able to get WRs (e.g. Evans, Colston, Calvin), and either Bulger or Kitna will drop to my 2.03 pick. I also have 1.14 to play with (Turner?).

Yes, I'm trying to trade like crazy for a better keeper or more draft picks, but if all else stays the same...

Who would you keep?

Either Norwood or DeWill have the most potential in this group. I wouldn't keep DJax just to have a WR on board. With the picks you have stockpiled, you can easily get a good WR corps.

Go with DeWill...by next year (if not sooner) he will be the featured back in Carolina.

Good luck!

Cadi

I like Caddy to bounce back this year. Also grab Bulger before Kitna. Bulger is proven and only got more wepons this year. No brainer for him.

Nice team you got there and thanks for mine.

I like caddy slightly more than Norwood, expecially in a .5 PPR, because he just got an experienced west coast QB at his helm(as opposed to Simms and Bruce), last year he was banged up quite a bit, this limited his production, if healthy he should see the rock 300+ times this year, that always bodes well for a fantasy backs stats regardless of how good he is.

Norwood does have a higher ceiling though, he averaged over 6 YPC last year, and he has a rookie and a old man as his competition.

Dwilliams i wouldnt consider because he is a backup running back, i usually base my selections, even in a keeper league on winning now. And i believe the 5th keeper spot is to early to start taking backups.

I like caddy slightly more than Norwood, expecially in a .5 PPR, because he just got an experienced west coast QB at his helm(as opposed to Simms and Bruce), last year he was banged up quite a bit, this limited his production, if healthy he should see the rock 300+ times this year, that always bodes well for a fantasy backs stats regardless of how good he is.

Norwood does have a higher ceiling though, he averaged over 6 YPC last year, and he has a rookie and a old man as his competition.

Dwilliams i wouldnt consider because he is a backup running back, i usually base my selections, even in a keeper league on winning now. And i believe the 5th keeper spot is to early to start taking backups.

Yep except Norwood wont be starting next season and D Will will start . Norwood's body ( Even if 209 pounds like some would say ) is built like a WR and wont last as a full time starter ( Already hurt and it s just pre season )

I would say Caddy or D Will .

I think pre-season injury was a stomach virus. Not sure that an extra 30 pounds of leg weight would have stopped this..

good point though...