Sign in to follow this  
jpc1058

F*** It, I'm whimping out

I have posted previously concerning my # 3 pick. I appreciate the responses, thanks a lot. But I decided that I am gonna try to trade my # 3 pick to anyone in my league with the #6 thru #10 pick. if anyone with one of those picks is interested. I would feel more comfortable moving down in my draft. I am just too confused right now as to who would be my pick at 3.

Just to summarize the scoring

6 pts. for any TD ( bonus pts for 30+ yds TD's)

1 pt for every 10 rush or rec yds. ( 5 bonus pts at 100 yds)

1 pt for each 25 yds passing ( 5 bonus pts for 300 yds passing)

NO PPR

-2 for fumble or inty

I'm just going with my gut here and it's saying get the hell away from the 3 hole. :pointstosky:

I would like to hear some opinions about this, please. Thank you in advance. I will gladly give my input if you guys have a ? for me.

do you get anything in return for trading down? if so what? otherwise, just go w/ gut instinct...

see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=281651

NO, I would just trade my #3 spot for the whole draft and receive spot 6 thru 10 for the whole draft, depending of course if someone was interested and with what pick they had. Thanks for your reply

Crap...just when I thought I was safe from the emo kids. Sigh...if I give you girl pants, some eye makeup and a new dashboard confessionals cd will you just go away?

Life sure sucks...pretty hard having the #3 pick, all those great players and such to choose from. Winning is for losers, screw that, I'm going to go take a worse spot to pick from.

Crap...just when I thought I was safe from the emo kids. Sigh...if I give you girl pants, some eye makeup and a new dashboard confessionals cd will you just go away?

Life sure sucks...pretty hard having the #3 pick, all those great players and such to choose from. Winning is for losers, screw that, I'm going to go take a worse spot to pick from.

Hey, thanks man, that was quite an impressive post.

I would much rather draft in spot 6-10 than spot 3 this year, although i would prefer 9, because 9 is the last spot where Henry will safely fall, and 11 makes it so you should always get bush, and those are the 2 late round picks i am highest on this year. I dont like 3, because its pretty much too early for Addai, and i am down on LJ, SA, and gore this year, no really good stud 3 choice. Plus that makes your 2nd round choice pretty crapp, choosing between the likes of Benson, Jones, or Edge if you decide to go RB, RB.

I would much rather draft in spot 6-10 than spot 3 this year, although i would prefer 9, because 9 is the last spot where Henry will safely fall, and 11 makes it so you should always get bush, and those are the 2 late round picks i am highest on this year. I dont like 3, because its pretty much too early for Addai, and i am down on LJ, SA, and gore this year, no really good stud 3 choice. Plus that makes your 2nd round choice pretty crapp, choosing between the likes of Benson, Jones, or Edge if you decide to go RB, RB.

Thanks for your reply, That is exactly what I am thinking as well. And yes I do take 2 RB's with my first 2 picks.

Well I think now that LJ has signed he is the hands down #3. I am not saying he is going to get 1800 and 20 TDs but I would certainly think he is a lock for 1500 and 15 TDs which makes him a stud. Not to mention he will throw in another 50 catches, 400 yds and 3 TDs and he certainly is a STUD in a ppr league. I mean I would not rank him with LT or even S.Jackson however, in a non-ppr league I have him slightly ahead of S.Alexander/Gore/Addai and in a ppr I have him way ahead of those guys. Addai is the only one that might be one of the top 3 at the end of the year but he has not proven anything yet, certainly not the #3 pick. BIG RISK for a pick that early.

If if were me I would stay at #3 and don't look back. Then use your teirs on the way back. If you can grab a solid #2 RB (Duece/James/Jones) type then do it if not. I take a top flight WR then grab your #2 RB on the way back. I like LJ/McAllister better than Henry/Bush. Henry is already dinged up! McAllister is poised for a great year and a solid #2RB. Last year they were figuring out how to use all their weapons, this year they will build on that and Duece is now two years removed from his injury!

Good luck and hope this helps.

Don't trade down. Keep your #3 pick and grab one of the RBs. On the way back, take a QB. If you don't, definitely take one in the 3rd round, as the top 5 will almost certainly all be gone by the time you pick again in the 4th.

Yes, laugh. Fine. But with pTDs worth 6 points instead of 4, getting a top-flight QB is as important as getting a top-flight RB, and I imagine your league knows that, so most likely QBs will go sooner than they would in a standard scoring league. I'd nab LJ - if he's healthy, with your scoring system it's almost unfair, as he's as close as it gets to a lock to go over 100 yards almost every week. He did it 11 times last year (even Tomlinson only did it 10x) - I know, health, lower workload, whatever; who else are they going to get offense from in KC? Coming back, you should have a good shot at a tier-2 QB (assuming tier-1 is Peyton Manning all by his lonesome), plus a starting RB almost has to be there at 3.03 (seeing as it sounds like you're in a 10-team league).

Ya. don't trade down unless you get something in return for the pick, but to trade down and then have to draft from that spot for the rest of the draft...i wouldn't do it. If youre having too much trouble just select the guy YOU think will have the best season and hope for the best.

Don't trade down. Keep your #3 pick and grab one of the RBs. On the way back, take a QB. If you don't, definitely take one in the 3rd round, as the top 5 will almost certainly all be gone by the time you pick again in the 4th.

Yes, laugh. Fine. But with pTDs worth 6 points instead of 4, getting a top-flight QB is as important as getting a top-flight RB, and I imagine your league knows that, so most likely QBs will go sooner than they would in a standard scoring league. I'd nab LJ - if he's healthy, with your scoring system it's almost unfair, as he's as close as it gets to a lock to go over 100 yards almost every week. He did it 11 times last year (even Tomlinson only did it 10x) - I know, health, lower workload, whatever; who else are they going to get offense from in KC? Coming back, you should have a good shot at a tier-2 QB (assuming tier-1 is Peyton Manning all by his lonesome), plus a starting RB almost has to be there at 3.03 (seeing as it sounds like you're in a 10-team league).

Seriously, don't take a QB (not named Peyton) that early. You can get one of the second tier QB's in round 4. Just pick the best reamining RB. If you don't like the remaining options that means there was a big run on RB's and top WR's are left. Take one of them.

I drafted #3 too and it went like this : Larry Johnson, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Cadillac Williams, Donald Driver (before the injury), LaMont Jordan, Tony Romo and Alge Crumpler (I will spare you the rest).

Hey guys, thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. The Chiefs just named Huard as their starting QB, so, personally I think this is the better choice for LJ. AT least Huard has a clue, and the defenses will have to respect the passing game somewhat and not crowd the "box" and be waiting for LJ to take the hand off. Thanks again.

I think you are sadly mistaken here. Addai is worth the 3 pick. Benson or Jones are both going to be very nice #2 backs. Then, you come back and get Holt and Gates. You will be on your way to a great team!

I thought about trading my #3 pick down to get Henry. However, I chose to keep it and here is how it went. My team is very strong. Same type of league set up as yours.

12 Team League - #3 Overall Pick

Standard Points:

4 pts per pass td

6 pts per rush/rec td

1 pt per 25 yds pass

1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec

QB - Kitna, Culpepper, Campbell

RB - Addai, Benson, Jordan, Foster

WR - Holt, Walker, Holmes, Kennison

TE - Gates, Utech

K - Vinatieri, Kasay

D - Miami, Arizona

U - Pittman (Utility player can be any position)

Starting Lineup

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

K

D

But you have to look at the way his league scores - bonuses for big passing days, plus 6 points per passing touchdown instead of 4. That increases the value of elite QBs to the same level as elite RBs, as the best QBs in the league are much more likely to: a) put up 300+ passing yards; :lol: avoid turnovers; c) run up TD totals. Guys like Drew Brees, who are boom/bust QBs (8 games over 300 yards, 6 under 200 yards last season) gain value over guys who'll give you 200-225 each week - a 330 yd, 2 TD, 1 INT day is worth WAY more than a 250 yd, 1 TD day: instead of being worth 19 vs 14 (only 5 pts difference), the former game gives you 28 vs 16, a 12 point differential.