Sign in to follow this  
jared7683

Taylor and James for Bush

10 man league, standard scoring, no ppr, starters in caps

BULGER, delhomme

LJ, T.HENRY, EDGE, brandon jackson, fred taylor

JAVON WALKER, ROY WILLIAMS, STEVE SMITH, vincent jackson

BEN WATSON, bo scaife

guy i'm trading w/ is in need of RB depth...

Should i trade fred taylor and edgerrin james for reggie bush? I'm not completely sold on him...

I would do this in a heartbeat... bush is going to be a points monster this year. plus you already have a good hedge against that happening in TH and LJ, this is a no brainer.

It's more close in a non PPR league, but I still might pull the trigger on that one. Brees has thrown a lot to Bush in the preseason, and you'd still get those receiving yds points.

Jeeze, thats a touch choice. I would probably make the trade if it was PPR, since like you, I have Bush. I think Bush is a monster this year barring injury. I think that you would be giving up some points thought in your case because its not a PPR league. If it is, trade away. Thanks for your input on my team.

Bush has a higher upside than either James or Taylor, and since you have RB's that you will be able to start week in and week out i say go for the upside, and hope he is a stud.

I would definitely do that. It's not a PPR league, so Bush's value is hurt, but you'll pick up recieivng and rushing yards from him and potentially punt return yards and TD's in some leagues (such as the one I do, where returns are credited to a person, not a team).

Taylor's health is a viable concern, so you're doing a good job of selling high. Here's a good thread on where Reggie Bush was drafted in comparison to Edge, which is really what this trade boils down to:

http://www.fantasyfanatics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=377

Also, check out his updated outlook given Marcel Shipp's been stealing his goal line carries:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/profiles/profile_...?player_id=3868

This is a win-win for you. You drop some dead weight and an injury risk and geta solid RB on a much better offense.

tough call since its not a ppr.. if you get points for PR/KR then I'd say yes...

My only issue with Reggie is that his TD's are impossible to predict...in PPR he is a monster...

I'd probably pull the trigger because Reggie will be much more fun to root for than Edge or Fragile Fred

Well now that you have Lynch as well, I'm pretty sure that it mostly wouldn't matter if you dropped 2 RBs for 1. Reggie Bush is young, and very likely will be constantly improving as the years go on. He is probably going to score more TDs and might start getting quite ample yards per carry. Although, still, Edgerrin is highly underrated. New Orleans has an incredible passing game and the Cardinals have some good receivers now. Still, Bush is 3 spots above James on my list, and I love the Saints. So I'd do it.