Sign in to follow this  
ColtFan

Amani Toomer

Is he done or will he produce?

Anybody from the NY area have any information? I drafted him in the 14th round, so thought I would take a shot with him.

I'm a transplanted Giants homer. Toomer will be the #2 WR when Buress is playing. He has a better chemistry with Eli than Plexiglass has and will probably not see too many double coverages this season. Barring injury, I would predict 50+ rec, 500-600 yds and 4-5 tds. If Buress misses significant time, Toomer would benefit. The only catch is that the Giants have a few young WR's (Sin. Moss, S. Smith, Mix-who looked great against the Jets to name a few)that are all vying for snaps. The 14th is a good a time as any to take a flier so you don't have much to lose if he doesn't pan out.

than Plexiglass has

you mean the fact that 4 out of 6 seasons since he has become a starter he has played every game? is that why you are calling him plexiglass? or the fact that in 1 of the 2 seasons that he did miss a game, he only missed 1, and the most he has ever missed is 5 games? doesnt sound like a glass WR to me? he may be over rated, but dont mistake that for being injury prone, even with his injury during this preseason i dont expect him to miss any games during regular season?

unless you had another reason for relating his name to glass? if so i would be glad to hear it.

you mean the fact that 4 out of 6 seasons since he has become a starter he has played every game? is that why you are calling him plexiglass? or the fact that in 1 of those seasons that he did miss a game, he only missed 1, and the most he has ever missed is 5 games? doesnt sound like a glass WR to me? he may be over rated, but dont mistake that for being injury prone, even with his injury during this preseason i dont expect him to miss any games during regular season?

unless you had another reason for relating his name to glass? if so i would be glad to hear it.

I didn't come up with the nickname so apparently someone else feels the same way. I was applying the nickname to THIS preseason where he has yet to play a snap in a game or participate in a full practice. He's had problems with both ankles, his back and he missed practice and the last preseason game with the flu. I want nothing more than to see him have a pro-bowl season for my team, but the dude just has this aura of fragility about him that makes me nervous.

Hope that was sufficient for you.

I didn't come up with the nickname so apparently someone else feels the same way.

So you mean there are 2 clueless giants fans, what a suprise!

So you mean there are 2 clueless giants fans, what a suprise!

That was pretty funny. Did you think of it yourself?

i don't like toomer this year... like it was mentioned previously there is simply too much young talent equal to or right behind him with smith and moss... also this depth at WR will help shockey... i dont see toomer getting too many balls at all...

i only feel like a 400 yd 2 TD season from him barring injuries to burress/moss/smith

i think a REALLY good season for him would be around 700 yds 4 TDs...

but who am i???

i don't like toomer this year... like it was mentioned previously there is simply too much young talent equal to or right behind him with smith and moss... also this depth at WR will help shockey... i dont see toomer getting too many balls at all...

i only feel like a 400 yd 2 TD season from him barring injuries to burress/moss/smith

i think a REALLY good season for him would be around 700 yds 4 TDs...

but who am i???

Don't get too carried away with Smith and Moss... While Smith might emerge as a solid #3 on the Giants... I doubt Moss will catch more than 12 passes this year. Toomer, hard to predct, he was doing so well last year before the injury... I'm guessing 600 Yds 6 TD.

I'm a diehard Steelers fan and Buress is a vagina.

It sure seems that way doesn't it? He acts tough but the only time he goes over the middle is when I make him do it on Madden '08.

All things considered Toomer should be good for about 600-700 yards and 4-6 TDs on about 50 catches.

I doubt he has the wheels for a ton of YAC yards but Eli loves him (I'fd even say heès his favorite WR)

He's a great reserve WR especially considering Plaxico's penchance for being banged up and missing practice time and some games).

I think this will probabaly be his last season worth using though, as he is getting older and Smith and Moss are there but they aren't trusted proven commodities like Toomer is.