Sign in to follow this  

Who's watched Jacoby Jones?

Who's watched a game first-hand?

The descriptions say he's had an "explosive" preseason. I'm assuming he must be quick and elusive to be their kick returner, right? But the guy is 6-2, 210!

Trying to decide as an add/drop. As a comparison, I watched James Jones (GB) this preseason and he looked more like a possesion wr...slow off the line.

What about Jacoby? What have you seen?

The descriptions say he's had an "explosive" preseason. I'm assuming he must be quick and elusive to be their kick returner, right? But the guy is 6-2, 210!

Trying to decide as an add/drop. As a comparison, I watched James Jones (GB) this preseason and he looked more like a possesion wr...slow off the line.

I must admit that I have not seen a lot of Jacobs so far this preseason, but his reviews have been glowing. On the other hand, I have seen a ton of Jones and this kid looks like the real deal!! Favre appears to have a nice rapport with this guy and I think that it is only a matter of time before he supplants Jennings as the Pack's #2 wide-out, if he has not done soalready. I don't know if you remember Sterling Sharpe"s days as a Packer, but Jones is a real good comparison to him, big, strong, really good hands and elusive after the catch. Green Bay's lack of a strong running game means there will be a lot of balls being thrown this season and if Brett likes you as he does with this dude, he could be poised for a very good year. :pointstosky:

KR go for Texans D/ST....

I did think James (GB) looked strong....but I didn't see the speed/burst to make me think he'll excel this year.

Any Texans fans that can comment?

My concern with Jones is the offense around him. The Texans still have to prove that they can give the q.b. enough time so that a receiver can run a longer route than 7 yards.. The GREAT AND FABULOUS Andre Johnson only averaged 10 ypc last year due to the line issues and the need to get the ball out quickly. I wouldn't pass judgement on Jones until after week 4 or 5 and we start to see a TREND on how the Texans are doing on offense..

Good luck.

Quick, elusive, and shifty are all adjectives I have seen describing Jacoby Jones. As you pointed out, it seems odd to think of a 6'2", 210 pound man in this light, but it's true. Adding to the intrigue, Jacoby was a 5'7" track star in high school and didn't even take up football as a prep until his senior year. He received a track and field scholarship to Southeastern Louisiana University, but ended up transferring to Lane and walking on to the football team. Over his four years of college, Jones grew 7 inches, from the 5'7" he registered as a freshman to the 6'2" he stands today. Hope that helps...

i have been hopin nobody notices him in my league.

i cant justify pickin him up as my WR on the bench are vincent jackson, holmes & bennett of the rams.

cant have more than 3 WR on my bench so i hope he makes it long enough to see how he does int he regular season.

he could make a semi-colston like impact.

I took him in the 16th round and i hope he pays off as a deep sleeper.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Jacoby play this pre-season but one thing says something about him for me. Houston brought in McCardell to be their #2 WR and help out a poor WR corp. Since Jacoby's pre-season they have released McCardell.

I'd have to imagine that he'd be the new #2 with McCardell gone. I'd think that would up him to a mid-high #3 WR with great potential. If Schaub can continue the solid play he may even land in the #2 WR range. Also, I'd like to think this means good things for Johnson as well as it should mean fewer double teams.

As per how any ST touchdowns would be registered, it would depend on your scoring system. I believe most leagues though would give the player 6pt for the TD and the Def. (Both of my leagues score this way.)

I haven't had the opportunity to watch Jacoby play this pre-season but one thing says something about him for me. Houston brought in McCardell to be their #2 WR and help out a poor WR corp. Since Jacoby's pre-season they have released McCardell.

I'd have to imagine that he'd be the new #2 with McCardell gone. I'd think that would up him to a mid-high #3 WR with great potential. If Schaub can continue the solid play he may even land in the #2 WR range. Also, I'd like to think this means good things for Johnson as well as it should mean fewer double teams.

Well put...I should have probably supported my opinion of JJ with examples like this.

Kevin Walter WAS penciled in as the #2, but this is what the latest reports are:

Kevin Walter, who is in danger of losing his starting job to rookie Jacoby Jones, has had an inconsistent training camp.

Walter would fit as a possession threat opposite Andre Johnson, but Jones is a far more explosive player. With the Texans focused on Matt Schaub getting rid of the ball quickly, Jones' run-after-catch ability could win out.

Well put...I should have probably supported my opinion of JJ with examples like this.

Kevin Walter WAS penciled in as the #2, but this is what the latest reports are:

Kevin Walter, who is in danger of losing his starting job to rookie Jacoby Jones, has had an inconsistent training camp.

Walter would fit as a possession threat opposite Andre Johnson, but Jones is a far more explosive player. With the Texans focused on Matt Schaub getting rid of the ball quickly, Jones' run-after-catch ability could win out.

Well that's good to hear. Being a rookie tho, it might be a little tougher for JJ to be an impact at first. Granted, AJ will grab most of the attention, hopefully JJ will shine in the scheme.

my guess would be walter starts 2 games while jacoby gets 3rd down work and aclimate himself to the regular season

then takes over

he's a tough player to gamble on in re-drafts if you don't have the roster space

but in dynasty (got him in rd. 2) i'm happy to bury him for now

i wish someone would have put together a video of him on youtube or something from pre-season

best i could see was a few of his TD's on the texans website highlights of each pre-season game

most WR's who get drafted have the NFL size/speed...but many take too long to apply it or never do

gotta like a guy who goes out there and produces right off the bat, even if it is pre-season