Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

Ohio State could get exposed this year.

You can keep calling the Big 10 a waltz...it will not make it true.

OSU cannot hang with the top SEC team right now. That much is true.

The rest...meh.

The big 10 has shown in the past 15 years or so its just fine against the SEC. I think after the title game it was something like 13-12 in favor of the SEC.

Yea but right now the BIG Ten doesn't compare. Yes last 15 years or so they have matched up, but in recent years the gap is growing.

OSU beat again in teh title game. Last year absolutly blew out, with what I would say was a better team than they had this year.

Illinois- blew out.

Michigan- I will give the Big Ten props here, but they were expected to be teh best team in the nation at teh start. They had they talent to do it and had their experience, now they start new at QB and RB.

Wisconisn and Penn State are solid teams every 3 years, but not much more than that.

We can go back to OSU win over Miami, but since then the Big Ten has been average.

did you fall asleep during the flordia v michigan game? the same michigan who supposedly had a weaker schedule compared to fl and ended up kickinig flordia's ass?

I don't know that I would say they kicked their a$$...

Michigan had all the talent in the world, this was their year. They beat Florida. They both had 4 losses.

They played great, what can you say, I wouldn't brag too much when the #1 team at the start of the year beat a 4 loss team in what bowl?

Sad you have to referance Michigan and their success, being a OSU fan...

I don't know that I would say they kicked their a$$...

Michigan had all the talent in the world, this was their year. They beat Florida. They both had 4 losses.

They played great, what can you say, I wouldn't brag too much when the #1 team at the start of the year beat a 4 loss team in what bowl?

Sad you have to referance Michigan and their success, being a OSU fan...

I was making a point to tj, try reading the thread dumbfuck.

Yea but right now the BIG Ten doesn't compare. Yes last 15 years or so they have matched up, but in recent years the gap is growing.

I disagree on the gap growing.

They are 3-3 vs. the SEC in the past 2 years. When everyone claims the gap is so big.

OSU beat again in teh title game. Last year absolutly blew out, with what I would say was a better team than they had this year.

Yes, they got beat last year and this year. Thats one team.

Illinois- blew out.
What does that have to do with the SEC. They were blown out by a team that would blow out all but a few teams in the SEC as well. And Illinois is not a true #2 team in the Big 10. They had a down year, no doubt. They had no real #2 team. Illinois, OSU, PSU, Michigan were all like #3-4 teams more than anything.

Michigan- I will give the Big Ten props here, but they were expected to be teh best team in the nation at teh start. They had they talent to do it and had their experience, now they start new at QB and RB.

Agreed they had the talent fromt he start. They also need to start new at WR as both Manningham and Arrington have declared (I think)

Wisconisn and Penn State are solid teams every 3 years, but not much more than that.

Agreed...as a Badger fan, I realize they will most likely never win a national championship.

They are solid teams that are in that 3-4 range in the conference and can compete for the conference title from time to time.

They can also compete with the #2-4 teams in the other conferences as they have proven with their bowl records.

We can go back to OSU win over Miami, but since then the Big Ten has been average.

Agreed, the Big 10 has not been that great.

I was making a point to tj, try reading the thread dumbfuck.

You can tell the Ohio State fan is getting grumpy.

I bring no bias.

I am from New York, I watch but don't really like college football, and root for northern teams over the SEC.

I'm just sick of watching OSU the last two years get handled in the Title Game. A playoff would settle this, and would really turn me into a college football fan.

Every game I watch, I have no clue what it means. The Bowl games are getting worse, the rankings are dumb, the best part about the sport is watching conf. games, and the conf that have a championship game. At least a conf. winner can say he was the true champion of something.

For all I know OSU could be teh 7th best team. Georgia could be the best team, and Kansas could be the 2nd best team. At the end of each college football season it feels like teams just played a whole season that resulted in nothing.

You can tell the Ohio State fan is getting grumpy.

not grumpy, just tired of guys making stupid comments w/o bothering to read.

Illinois- blew out.

The gap is huge right now. Despite what KP thinks. They point to teams in the SEC have 2 losses or more they only reason for that is you play highly competitive tough games every week. Big 10 fans would never understand that. Kp is loving life living in an era where his weak ass team can go through a cup cake schedule, sure throw USC on lose the game still run off 10 or 11 in a row and be right back at the game. The two SEC teams that beat the hell out of OSU the last two years needed the red sea to part to make the game. Just think OSU could have been playing BC or Mich the last two years just ridiculous. Ohio St could have run off two titles in a row. Ofcourse Kp is going to defend this his team benefits from it more than anybody.

Ohio State would not have even been in the top 10 maybe even top 20 at the end of the season in the SEC.

The gap is huge right now. Despite what KP thinks. They point to teams in the SEC have 2 losses or more they only reason for that is you play highly competitive tough games every week. Big 10 fans would never understand that. Kp is loving life living in an era where his weak ass team can go through a cup cake schedule, sure throw USC on lose the game still run off 10 or 11 in a row and be right back at the game. The two SEC teams that beat the hell out of OSU the last two years needed the red sea to part to make the game. Just think OSU could have been playing BC or Mich the last two years just ridiculous. Ohio St could have run off two titles in a row. Ofcourse Kp is going to defend this his team benefits from it more than anybody.

Ohio State would not have even been in the top 10 maybe even top 20 at the end of the season in the SEC.

Actually...Big 10 fans understand this.

You SEC knobslobbers for some reason think its easy to go into Happy Valley and win...think its easy to go into the Big House and win...think its easy to go to the horseshoe and win...think its easy to go into camp randall and win.

Then realize that Illinois is and up and coming team, as is Indiana.

Oh...and the FACT that the Big 10 has pretty much been dead even in their head to head matchups with the SEC in the past 10-15 years.

is it that you just started obsessing over osu this year? granted the schedule was weak this year but when you are scheduling games 4 years out sometimes it happens. apparently you missed the schedule we played the year before where we played the number 2 ranked team at 2 different times during the season and that is not including the NC. that has NEVER been done before. do a little research and know what you are talking about before you start whining about peoples schedules. ONE year it was weak, just ONE. suck on sec c0ck if you want but as far as big ten vs sec head to head go, its pretty close to even. start watching some college ball before you come back with stupid bs.

is it that you just started obsessing over osu this year? granted the schedule was weak this year but when you are scheduling games 4 years out sometimes it happens. apparently you missed the schedule we played the year before where we played the number 2 ranked team at 2 different times during the season and that is not including the NC. that has NEVER been done before. do a little research and know what you are talking about before you start whining about peoples schedules. ONE year it was weak, just ONE. suck on sec c0ck if you want but as far as big ten vs sec head to head go, its pretty close to even. start watching some college ball before you come back with stupid bs.

No KP you know you throw in your Schedule you guys normally step out and play one team nice team out of conference and hold that up. What does it matter if you lose then you don't lose the rest of the year in the Big10. That is BS. I hope we go to a playoff the Big 10 will never make the champ game. That is why you defend it and the Big 10 doesn't want to get near a playoff.

No KP you know you throw in your Schedule you guys normally step out and play one team nice team out of conference and hold that up. What does it matter if you lose then you don't lose the rest of the year in the Big10. That is BS. I hope we go to a playoff the Big 10 will never make the champ game. That is why you defend it and the Big 10 doesn't want to get near a playoff.

Yep, we were terrified to play Miami a few years ago. we petitioned the ncaa not to play cuz we were scared. they had basically a pro team and we were from the sucky big ten. on o4 we had to play k state in fiesta, Then in 05 we were forced to play ND, that turned out ugly bc the big ten sucks and ND is great. (because they are not in big ten).

poor buckeyes are 3-2 in the bcs with 1 NC over the last five years.

Want to keep sticking your foot in your mouth?

Yep, we were terrified to play Miami a few years ago. we petitioned the ncaa not to play cuz we were scared. they had basically a pro team and we were from the sucky big ten. on o4 we had to play k state in fiesta, Then in 05 we were forced to play ND, that turned out ugly bc the big ten sucks and ND is great. (because they are not in big ten).

poor buckeyes are 3-2 in the bcs with 1 NC over the last five years.

Want to keep sticking your foot in your mouth?

No wins against the SEC 0-9

Actually...the gap is not that big...because a bad OSU team lost by 14 to a team that everyone thought was #1 nearly all year long.

and a 3 loss Michigan team beat up Florida.

Does not seem like a huge gap now does it.

In a more even match...UT sneaks by Wisconsin in a very competitive game.

You can keep thinking that OSU playing against UW, PSU, Michigan...are not highly competitive games...but you will never be correct. Just shows that you simply don't want to understand how football really is.

3 loss Michigan team beat up Florida.

Carr's last game had a lot to do with that win. Florida was over confident, Michigan played at 120% of their ability. Intangibles had a lot to do with that one. conference rankings.

SEC

Big 12

big 10

Pac 10

In that order, 3 and 4 could be switched.

End of discussion.

:thumbsdown: