Sign in to follow this  
radio_cures

Trade: Alexander/Lynch for Brown/Addai

I have been offered Addai and Ronnie Brown (guys I would receive) in exchange for Shaun Alexander and Marshawn Lynch (guys I would trade away). The league is pretty standard scoring, no PPR. Should I do it?

We start 2 RB and 1 W/R in an eight team league, and my current RB are:

Gore

Alexander

Jacobs

Lynch

Norwood

Tatum Bell

Lyndale White

I'm worried about Chatman in Miami, but I'm not sold on Lynch either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I guess I agree with others; with your depth, it doesn't seem to help you much.

Thanks for looking at mine.

I'm thinking the trade is pretty even. You might be giving slightly more than getting.

Are you a Dolphins or Colts fan? If so, make the trade.

Whenever it's a coin flip, I always take a player that I can watch on TV (like Broncos!)

I guess I'm on of the few that sees the positive of the trade. It all comes down to how much faith you have in Alexander putting up '05 numbers. I put him in the camp of high risk, high reward.

Lynch is a non factor in my mind, and Brown has a lot of critics. Those two almost cancel out with an edge to Brown as he's got a great schedule ahead of him.

Addai should be a stud. Low risk, high reward.

So you'd be giving up (1) high risk, high reward and (2) crap, for (1) low risk, high reward and (2) crap with a nice schedule

One thing you didn't say is whether you're in a keeper league. If it's keeper, take the trade without hesitation! Redraft, base it on your gut feel on Alexander.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the input on my question!

I think Addai>Alexander and Brown>>Lynch. But this could easily go either way. And like stated this must be a keeper league or something, so trade a RB to improve elsewhere.

I would do this trade in a second.

Addai is in a great situation, although he couldn't show that he can handle the load of a full season but I think he will do better than SA.

Even if Ronny Brown will share some carries with Jesse Chatman, he is the clear #1 and he will produce better numbers than Lynch, I am pretty sure about that.

Take the deal ;-)

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=283559

I have been offered Addai and Ronnie Brown (guys I would receive) in exchange for Shaun Alexander and Marshawn Lynch (guys I would trade away). The league is pretty standard scoring, no PPR. Should I do it?

We start 2 RB and 1 W/R in an eight team league, and my current RB are:

Gore

Alexander

Jacobs

Lynch

Norwood

Tatum Bell

Lyndale White

I'm worried about Chatman in Miami, but I'm not sold on Lynch either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

No way. Alexander is a sure thing. Addai will probably be big but who knows. I have Ronnie Brown and he should be the number one guy but with that said I don't see a real point of making this trade. IMO it won' t improve your team at all.

Thanks for answering mine.

I wouldn't make the trade either, especially with the guys you I don't think it's worth considering, its a pretty even trade IMO.

Thanks for all the replies. This actually isn't a keeper league; I just got damn lucky in the draft. It's an eight team league, which helps, but I got Gore at 7 overall and Alexander at 10 overall.

I'm still wavering on the trade, but leaning towards not doing it or looking at a counter. I'm not expecting 27 TDs from Alexander, but I am hoping for double digits. His age scares me though, but Addai's inexperience is also a factor.

Anyway, thanks everyone.