Sign in to follow this  
cavern

giants homers: ahmad bradshaw

thought i saw speculation that he might have won the rb2 job in ny, but the only depth chart i can find has him pretty low. where is he, really?

The latest that I have read is that he is behind both Droughns and Ward. However, I think he will get a chance to showcase his skills as the season goes on. :doublethumbsup:

The latest that I have read is that he is behind both Droughns and Ward. However, I think he will get a chance to showcase his skills as the season goes on. :)

I thought I read that Droughns was playing some fullback? Was that only an experiment?

Ward ahead of Bradshaw is a joke.

Don't go by the depth chart. Two years ago, Samkon Gado couldn't have beaten out a practice sqaud back, yet he became a bit of a fantasy gem for several weeks.

He was a 7th round draft pick...what all was he "cracked up to be"? :doublethumbsup:

Whoever was projecting him as winning the RB2 job doesn't understand what preseason is for and how preseason games work. Yes he flashed some skills...against third+ stringers. Granted, that is good, and shows he's worth trying against better competition, but that's all it earned him. I actually like Bradshaw's long term potential to eventually be a change of pace back, but based on the situations he was put in during the preseason games, he wasn't on that path yet.

5 carries for 18 yards. 1 rec for 11 yards. I'd guess the rook will give Jacobs a breather, but won't do much in the season opener. Better games ahead.

Ward ahead of Bradshaw is a joke.

Don't go by the depth chart.

Droughns was moved to fullback because Bradshaw was moved to #2RB.

Ward ahead of any RB on a NFL roster is a joke.

Those who expect Jacobs to be the featured back will soon be disapointed by a RBBC.

If the thunder don't get ya then the lightening will.

:dunno:

giants homer here....

he looked very good in the preseason...won the KR job...and with droughns playing more fb..bradshaw will get some touches from the start...we will see sunday night how much they use him...but dont forget he is a 7th rd pick...so i suspect they work him in gradually..he is the perfect change of pace back we need to pair with jacobs....ill be rooting for him

The guy is a rookie with a lot of upside. RBs transition well into the pros as runners, but the blocking assignments are not an easy transition in the least. The Giants aren't going to put any back out there, no matter how prolific they see him as a runner, unless they're very confortable he can pick up the blitz, and you just don't see a lot of that in the preseason. Bradshaw has done nothing but impress, but people need to look at this from a football prespective, not from the eyes of a fantasy team owner.

Droughns is a proven veteran who can give Jacobs a breather without letting up on the physical running game. This is big because they Giants will look to wear their opponents defense down with their power running game. Ward is a guy who has been in the system for a few years now who the team likes a lot (also a very good player for them on specials). He's now heathy and has had a very solid preseason. And both players can catch the ball out of the back field. It's a no brainer for these guys to be ahead of Bradshaw on the depth chart at this point, but that's not a knock against him or anything he's shown. Trust me, they like him a lot.

The guy is a rookie with a lot of upside. RBs transition well into the pros as runners, but the blocking assignments are not an easy transition in the least. The Giants aren't going to put any back out there, no matter how prolific they see him as a runner, unless they're very confortable he can pick up the blitz, and you just don't see a lot of that in the preseason. Bradshaw has done nothing but impress, but people need to look at this from a football prespective, not from the eyes of a fantasy team owner.

Droughns is a proven veteran who can give Jacobs a breather without letting up on the physical running game. This is big because they Giants will look to wear their opponents defense down with their power running game. Ward is a guy who has been in the system for a few years now who the team likes a lot (also a very good player for them on specials). He's now heathy and has had a very solid preseason. And both players can catch the ball out of the back field. It's a no brainer for these guys to be ahead of Bradshaw on the depth chart at this point, but that's not a knock against him or anything he's shown. Trust me, they like him a lot.

i'm actually looking at it from a dynasty owner's perspective...

i'm actually looking at it from a dynasty owner's perspective...

Then I wouldn't get too caught up in where he's appearing on the depth chart at this point. That's not really a reflection on the potential they see in him.

Then I wouldn't get too caught up in where he's appearing on the depth chart at this point. That's not really a reflection on the potential they see in him.

it all depends on whether they see future feature back or perennial special teamer/change of pace back.

the guy i'd probably drop for him is brian calhoun, who i could definately see as a feature back in a martz system. maybe soon, too. i guess i'll hang on to calhoun for the time being

it all depends on whether they see future feature back or perennial special teamer/change of pace back.

I'm sure they aren't thinking that far ahead at this point. They don't know exactly what they have in their starter right now, much less a rookie who hasn't seen his first real game. It's an evaluation process. They're pleased with what they've seen, but right now they're just focusing on week 1.

Interesting to note, Bob Papa stated on Sirius this morning that he believes they may have some interesting packages for Bradshaw. Randy Cross speculated they might try and get him some work in there alongside of Jacobs similar to what NO has done with Bush/Deuce. Might be just pure speculation, but Papa at least is pretty in tune with what goes on with the team.

He was a 7th round draft pick...what all was he "cracked up to be"? :mellow:

I was thinking the exact same thing. From Marshall no less. :shocking:

he transferred into marshall because he got kicked out of UVA for underage drinking......he may take some time but I would hang onto him

Many scouts believed that he had 1st day talent but was passed on because of character issues. NY believes he is past those issues and was happy to take a chance on the guy in the 7th round. It isn't like Marshall has not produced and talented NFL players in the past. Ever heard of Randy Moss? Troy Brown? Chad Pennington?

Right, he has/had character issues. His other negative on draft day was that he may be slow, but everything ive heard about him says his field speed looks much faster then his combine speed.

The most promising thing ive heard was he has stud rb vision on the field.

I was thinking the exact same thing. From Marshall no less. :dunno:

there was alot of talk about his grabbing the rb2 slot thus allowing ruben to move to fb on this bored