Sign in to follow this  
cjohnson85

S-Jax owners worried?

Jay G. just reported on the OT that O.Pace injury may have him out for year. Not great news if you own S-Jax or Bulger for that matter.

That is one injury prone M'Fer.. If that's true, I think he'll have spent as much of his NFL time on the shelf, as on the field.

Yes, very worried. The team looked like shiat after he went down. Also, a Holt owner! <_< :shocking: B)

That is one injury prone M'Fer.. If that's true, I think he'll have spent as much of his NFL time on the shelf, as on the field.

He missed 8 games last year and 6 games in 2002. Since his rookie year (1997) he has started and played in 16 games per season 7 of 10 years. Injury prone?

To answer the first question, it scares the crap out of me as a Holt owner.

I don't know how worried SJax owners should be, the Rams were playing against a Carolina Defense that can be dominant, especially when Morgan plays the whole game.

He's going to have much better games, I think we all can count on that.

I don't know how worried SJax owners should be, the Rams were playing against a Carolina Defense that can be dominant, especially when Morgan plays the whole game.

He's going to have much better games, I think we all can count on that.

yeah, no worries

Losing Orlando Pace is huge for the Rams and all their relevant FF players. First and foremost, it hurts the passing game. Bulger today was getting nailed like he was in years past; he look frazzled and spent way too much time on his back. That will negatively impact the value of Steven Jackson because not only is he involved in the passing game, but without a solid passing attack defenses can afford to stack the line and bring constant pressure. Bulger under pressure is one of the worst QBs in the game. He's got no mobility and rattles easily. Given time, he can be very fluid and accurate, but without Pace protecting his blind side there's very little time afforded to him (and it showed today). As for Jackson, he's still a healthy stud, but you can forget about that lofty goal of 2,500 combined yards.

seems that Pace missed time last year and it did not seem to affect much.

good point - I remember Pace being out when SJax had his monster run over the last quarter of last year.

seems that Pace missed time last year and it did not seem to affect much.

...it affected a great deal. The Rams had to shift around their entire protection scheme as a result. They were lucky that Bulger was able to complete an entire season. As for Steven Jackson, he's enough of a beast to run through a shaky offensive line (as he managed to do last season), but don't overlook how a shaky Bulger can induce a defense to stack the line with pressure. Losing Pace doesn't make Jackson any less of a stud, but it would concern me knowing that Bulger can't withstand another season of being knocked on his ass. If Bulger goes down to injury, which becomes more likely without Orlando Pace protecting his blind side, the value of Jackson plummets dramatically.

Losing Orlando Pace is huge for the Rams and all their relevant FF players. First and foremost, it hurts the passing game. Bulger today was getting nailed like he was in years past; he look frazzled and spent way too much time on his back. That will negatively impact the value of Steven Jackson because not only is he involved in the passing game, but without a solid passing attack defenses can afford to stack the line and bring constant pressure. Bulger under pressure is one of the worst QBs in the game. He's got no mobility and rattles easily. Given time, he can be very fluid and accurate, but without Pace protecting his blind side there's very little time afforded to him (and it showed today). As for Jackson, he's still a healthy stud, but you can forget about that lofty goal of 2,500 combined yards.

Why then did Jackson start playing the best football of his career at about the exact time Pace was lost last year? Not saying it is a good thing to lose Pace, but he managed pretty well last season without him. And I do not have Jackson on a single team.

Why then did Jackson start playing the best football of his career at about the exact time Pace was lost last year?

As I tried to point out, my concern is how this affects Bulger getting knocked around (and thus, should he fall to injury or another concussion, the running game). Steven Jackson, along with the entire Ram offense, caught a break last year in keeping Bulger upright. I seriously doubt Bulger can make it another 15 games if he's going to get banged around like he was today or last season. Again, Jackson is still a stud, and yes - Jackson produced last year even with the shaky offensive line, but this year - 2007 - will Bulger hold up through another season of beatings? I don't think so, and THAT would be my concern as a Jackson owner.

I agree with a couple of posters - If Bulger goes down because he gets pummeled Jax will be in trouble, still a good back and will put up decent, but not great numbers.

Who would you trade Steve Jax for? Addai?

SJAX started catching passes right and left after pace went down. I would expect another 80-90 reception season now.

I know the backup L.T. is not as good as last year. This is something that may come into play. I could see Jackson getting less rushing yardage.

I would think Linehan will come up with something to keep the offense moving.

S.Jackson's averages in the 8 games Pace was out in 06.

22 car/103 yds with 9 rushing TD's.

6 rec/52 yds with 3 receiving TD's.

:bench: