Sign in to follow this  
TimESmalls

Anyone else want them to just sit Eli?

As an Eli Manning owner I have already made the decision that I will not play him on Sunday. Speaking on behalf of my fantasy team and not the Giants, I would like for them to sit Eli to ensure a healthier recovery.

Anyone else with me on this? Or are you going to start him?

Well, I definitely would love for the Giants to just sit him this week. In one of my 12 team leagues, my opponent this week has Eli and Culpepper as his 2 QBs. There are only 2 QBs on the WW that will start this week (Clemens, Garrard). So, yeah, let Eli rest that bummed shoulder. :lol:

Guest Mikeock
As an Eli Manning owner I have already made the decision that I will not play him on Sunday. Speaking on behalf of my fantasy team and not the Giants, I would like for them to sit Eli to ensure a healthier recovery.

Anyone else with me on this? Or are you going to start him?

Believe me...NO CHANCE ELi plays this week..NONE...Take it to the bank

I'm a Giants fan and an Eli owner, and I think he should probably sit this one out. I'd rather see them be 10-6 at season end than worrying about being 0-2. Heck with our new "savior" running back we can probably beat the Pack anyway. (fingers crossed). Go Big Blue!

Believe me...NO CHANCE ELi plays this week..NONE...Take it to the bank

Let's go to the bank on this one.... he practiced today. Not saying he will definately play... but he's making a lot of progress for someone that has NO CHANCE to play.

Guest Mikeock
Let's go to the bank on this one.... he practiced today. Not saying he will definately play... but he's making a lot of progress for someone that has NO CHANCE to play.

Were you at the practice ?? ITs all a smoke screen.. I will say it again..NO CHANCE he plays tomorrow.Take it to the bank

Mike -you are mistaken. I wish he would sit since Im a pack fan but all signs point to him starting now. reports are he looks fine in practice. he starts out with the smaller and lighter throws but once he is warm he is able to make the velocity throws too. I don't think he would be taking 50% of the first string snaps if he didn't think he will probably play, if he wasn't going to play they would give all those snaps to lorenzen because since he hasn't started a game he will desperately need them.

I can't believe the Giants would be dumb enough to risk further injury to their franchise QB. But, maybe they are that dumb.

:mad:

as a packer fan I am just hoping all this talk is just to get the packers D to watch film of Manning and not Lorenzen. The packers will litterally eat Lorenzen alive (might take a while though).

as a packer fan I am just hoping all this talk is just to get the packers D to watch film of Manning and not Lorenzen. The packers will litterally eat Lorenzen alive (might take a while though).

It looks like Eli is definately going to start. That said, Is he a worthy fantasy starter?

as a plax owner - i hope eli goes back in asap! eli at 70-80% is still better than chunk from the goonies wearing a helmet at 100%. there's prolly sausage gravy in his water bottle for gawds sake. he's the focking pvt. pyle of the nfl.

"what's yer name fat body?"

LOL :bandana:

i'm startin him with confidence. at first, it seemed serious but now it sounds like he is fine.

but i also wouldn't put it past coughlin to throw out dis-information, all coaches do it.

FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki believes Jared Lorenzen will ultimately get the Giants start Sunday. The New York Daily News disagrees.

He also says the reports Manning practiced Friday are "erroneous", yet there were multiple confirmations and Manning is officially listed as having practiced in a limited fashion. At this point, we have no idea who the Giants' starter will be Sunday. We do know that if Eli sits, J-Load will get the nod.

From RotoWorld

I have Eli and am not starting him.

couple reasons...

1. If he does start I'd say there is a 25% chance he lands on it and comes out of the game. (not willing to risk that with my starting QB)

2. The Packers D is pretty good. Al will blanket Burris. Even at 100% I would say Eli isn't the greatest of starts today.

JMO

they just showed him on frickin tv warming up, throwing. didn't seem like he was in any pain, he looked like a normal qb warming up and getting ready to play to me.

i hate all the games coaches play with an injured player, flip floppin, not commiting, no straight answers. i understand why they do it but it is frustrating as fantasy owner.

i do know this, i'd imagine 90% of the time i listen to the coaches and don't start a player who is questionable. and most of the time, that player ends up starting. and most of the time i leave points on the bench.

not fallin for it this time. i saw eli on tv warming up, its good enough for me!

I am starting Grossman instead of Eli and crossing my fingers. You got think if Manning plays it won't be a huge game anyway the Packers D is very solid. It's tough because I have Plax too and he is sitting on my bench too.

I am starting Grossman instead of Eli and crossing my fingers. You got think if Manning plays it won't be a huge game anyway the Packers D is very solid. It's tough because I have Plax too and he is sitting on my bench too.

thats crazy, you can't bench plax and start grossman over eli???

sal palintonio just made it official on nfl countdown, eli is starting. dood, grossman is not an option, don't do it.

they just showed him on frickin tv warming up, throwing. didn't seem like he was in any pain, he looked like a normal qb warming up and getting ready to play to me.

i hate all the games coaches play with an injured player, flip floppin, not commiting, no straight answers. i understand why they do it but it is frustrating as fantasy owner.

i do know this, i'd imagine 90% of the time i listen to the coaches and don't start a player who is questionable. and most of the time, that player ends up starting. and most of the time i leave points on the bench.

not fallin for it this time. i saw eli on tv warming up, its good enough for me!

Look at the Giants inactives...Anthony Wright is inactive today. Which means if Eli doesn't play, they only have Lorenzen, Eli is playing

The way i see it he is playing today for 3 main reasons, and it is a mix of the 3.

1. He is not that hurt

2. If the giants are 0-2 Coughlin is out of there, NY press will find a way to grill him over this even though THIS instance isn't his fault, something like "Why did you decide to start him when he played so poorly against gb, you know he was hurt, what was tom thinking eli is their franchise qb." or "if eli is not hurt then why isn't he on the field his brother would have played and eli's coach should have convinced him to play."

3. Peyton doesn't miss games, and if your brother isn't a ######, then you can't be one.

What will happen today?

my money is on him not playing the whole game or having a better than average game today nothing like last week.