Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

Jon Kitna: Top 3 by Season's End?

Hadn't actually seen the Lions live that much, but he looked good early in the game aginst the Vikes before he went out. When he came back in after the JGT OSullavin experiment, it was easy to even casual fans how much the offense instantly improved.

The Lions never run, and Kitna was given good protection all day. The WRs are sick and the offense seems to be clicking early.

With Bulger (O-line injuries) and Brees (wtf is up with the Saints) looking bad early, Kitna Palmer and Brady are looking huge.

KITNA!!!!! :rolleyes:

He was on his way to a 30 pt day in the league I own him in. Everybody went on huge QB run, which has never happened in that league before in 6 seasons. 7 QB gone by end of Rnd 3 (10 teamer). So I waited, and waited and waited. I took Kitna at 9.03 as the last starting QB drafted, in fact a couple of backups had gone already. I had him ranked #6 overall at the position. Their defense is crappy, and Martz would rather pass than even think about running. When/if Kevin Jones gets back, they become even more potent because he's such a good pass catching back. At this point I think if he can stay verticle/healthy he's a top 5 QB. The bonus was having RB and WR in particular fall to me because of the QB run and getting a high rated QB. Genius (or probably lack of genius on the other guys...either way, I'll take it).

3 highest scoring QB's in my league.

Palmer

Delhomme

Brady

:doublethumbsup:

If he stays healthy he has a great shot. Lions dont run the ball but may do a bit more in a couple weeks when Jones returns.

I just think Kitna is a bigger injury risk than most other QBs based on the 4 and 5 receiver sets the Lions are using and Martz's unconcern with protecting the QB.

He made it through last year taking all snaps but this year that is already out the door. The Lions lack of competent #2 QBwill bite them big time if Kitna goes down.