Sign in to follow this  
BoltFan

Marshawn Lynch....what's his value?

With the rash of RB injuries in the league....I was thinking about moving my backup (Lynch), but I'm sorta stumped as to his current value.

I feel he's worth a bit more than the likes of Boldin, Holt, Branch, even Fitz, but maybe not worth a Wayne, TJ, type.

Thoughts?

First of all I don't know how you have two better backs than what Lynch is bringing to the table. He is good for 10 points a week at least. There is no way in hell with the current market I would trade him for any of the first tier you listed. TJ is more what he is worth. There are so many injuries and so few productive backs I honestly feel you should keep him unless you get top wideout value, otherwise you are helping another team by giving them a productive back for a much less valuable commodity.

First of all I don't know how you have two better backs than what Lynch is bringing to the table. He is good for 10 points a week at least. There is no way in hell with the current market I would trade him for any of the first tier you listed. TJ is more what he is worth. There are so many injuries and so few productive backs I honestly feel you should keep him unless you get top wideout value, otherwise you are helping another team by giving them a productive back for a much less valuable commodity.

Thanks for the insight. I agree with you. :(

I was stocked at WR and hurting at RB. Last Wednesday I traded Reggie Wayne for Marshawn Lynch.

So I feel good about him

That is a good trade!! Lynch has played well despite a nightmare of a schedule. Just imagine what he can do against Miami (gave up 180 yards to Justin Fargas!!). He is going to have some big games through the remainder of the year. I have him in 2 of my 3 leagues. He was on my bench but will be starting in both leagues this week with Peterson and Addai out.

I'm trying like hell to get Lynch. Guy has done pretty damned well facing some stiff Defenses and his schedule around FF playoff time looks to be the best of any RB just about. I'm actually considering packaging Lamont Jordan and Dom Rhodes for him. He's not sharing carries, hasn't been injured to speak of, catches passes out of the backfield well, runs damned hard and gets creampuffs in late November/December, total upside.

I was offered Marshawn Lynch for Braylon Edwards last night. I am pulling the trigger today.

Hate to give up my hottest WR, but I should have enough depth at WR to get by. Stupid injuries to Lamont Jordan, Brandon Jacobs, Laurence Maroney, and a shaky Shaun Alexander left me no choice for a 2nd RB.

Well, I haven't actually seen him play yet, but he's been in my flex spot since the beginning of the year and I'm very pleased, almost thrilled, with the value I've received from him. As you mentioned, as we get deeper into the season, serviceable, "feature" backs that get all the carries AND are healthy, become more and more rare. I don't think you'd be able to get enough value in a trade to justify it...

I think the difference is, every year, some new WR's pop up, they kind of come out of nowhere and you get a crack at scooping them up off the wire and dropping them into your lineup. I don't think the same thing happens as easily with RB's, as it's usually more difficult to get these backups and potential talent that others have probably already stashed on their rosters, because the threat of injuries to RB's seem to be more common and widespread. So, that's a very long answer to why I would just hang on to Lynch.