Sign in to follow this  
Saints1

Does anyone see any value in Leon Washington?

This is a tweener questions that may belong on another board but wanted some of your opinions. Is he worth a roster spot? He outperformed T. Lones last week and my RB situation stinks with injuries, BYEs and ineffectiveness. Would anyone keep him around for later?

Definitely keep him. Too much big play ability and the guy in front of him is not that talented and injury prone.

All the best.

This is a tweener questions that may belong on another board but wanted some of your opinions. Is he worth a roster spot? He outperformed T. Lones last week and my RB situation stinks with injuries, BYEs and ineffectiveness. Would anyone keep him around for later?

I grabbed him off the wafer wire yesterday morning. I think if T Jones does go down - Washington is definetly gold! He's in the vein of Westbrook and Bush - good hands, small and built like a tank! Possibly the next Curtis Martin?

Thomas Jones hasn't been playing well at all. I expect Leon Washington to start to eat into his touches every week.

Washington has been making big plays, whether it be in the return game, or from scrimmage. His numbers haven't really been there yet, but he is definitley worth stashing away.

Besides, Thomas Jones is still a little nicked up from his calf/achilles problem, so I would't be surprised to see Washington get to start a couple of games this year.

Possibly the next Curtis Martin?

Are you kidding? Wow.

I mean the kid is talented and all... But Curtis Martin? I mean the only thing that they have in common is that they both played for the Jets. That is where it starts and that is where it ends.

Are you kidding? Wow.

I mean the kid is talented and all... But Curtis Martin? I mean the only thing that they have in common is that they both played for the Jets. That is where it starts and that is where it ends.

Maybe you should stalk him with that quote for the next 2 months a-hole.

i see value in leon and somebody dropped him in my league since he has done nothing really from an FF perspective (return yards dont count in our league)

i have good players on my bench that have some value so i am trying to do a trade of 2 players for 1 to free up a slot for leon.

if jones does not improve, unless mangini is an idiot he will play leon. of course jones is gettin the cash so ownership wont be happy but i live in jersey so i see all the jets games and last week leon just looked so much more explosive than jones.

I drafted him in the later rounds in one of my PPR leagues. As the Jets get further and further away from the playoffs picture, I suspect we'll see more and more of the Jets' young runningback Leon Washington.

Maybe you should stalk him with that quote for the next 2 months a-hole.

Talk about stalking someone. Its a thread about Leon Washington and this is your contribution to it. And your comparison of MBIII to Hambrick was idiotic and should have been thrown back in your face.

Anyways, Washington is definetly worth a roster spot, especially in PPR leagues. He will get 3rd down work and could have a good game here and there is Jones is unable to play. Plus he has the added dimension of being a threat to take a retrun or 2 to the house. But I disagree w/ saying that Jones hasnt played well this year. The run blocking has been TERRIBLE. Most of Washington's rushing yards have come late in passing situations or late in games.

I hope/expect the Jets O-line to start playing better and both Jones and Washington should benefit

Talk about stalking someone. Its a thread about Leon Washington and this is your contribution to it. And your comparison of MBIII to Hambrick was idiotic and should have been thrown back in your face.

Anyways, Washington is definetly worth a roster spot, especially in PPR leagues. He will get 3rd down work and could have a good game here and there is Jones is unable to play. Plus he has the added dimension of being a threat to take a retrun or 2 to the house. But I disagree w/ saying that Jones hasnt played well this year. The run blocking has been TERRIBLE. Most of Washington's rushing yards have come late in passing situations or late in games.

I hope/expect the Jets O-line to start playing better and both Jones and Washington should benefit

I didn't contribute to the thread because it's about Leon Washington. He has a little value..more so in PPR leagues and would be solid if Jones goes down. Pretty much what everybody else has said.

Thanks for the input, being from La. don't see much on the Jets but I know Leon has shown in spots. Will probably keep him stashed for later in the year. Hell, I might start him over Leonard this week.