Sign in to follow this  
xxxravagexxx

Pondering Trade Offer

Pretty standard scoring league, 10 teams-two divisions of 5. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE & 1 D/ST. Guy I'm looking to trade with is in my division, same record, right below me. I was thinking of offering:

Lamont Jordan, Travis Henry & Selvin Young for Joseph Addai & Ladell Betts.

My Roster:

QB-Kitna, Warner

RB-Jordan, Westbrook, Henry, Kevin Jones, Young

WR-Roy Williams, Brandon Marshall, Ronald Curry, Boldin

TE-Heap, Owen Daniels

PK-Gostkowski

D/ST-Eagles, Titans

His Roster:

QB-Rivers, Harrington

RB-Addai, Thomas Jones, Ladell Betts

WR-Torry Holt, Randy Moss, Shaun McDonald, Burleson, Glenn

TE-Gonzalez, Crumpler

K-Kaeding

D/ST-Chargers, 49ers

Obviously, the trade would give me two #1 RBs, but I'd lose depth. Which means if either guy went down, I'd be forced to start Kevin Jones or Betts. The great unknowns of Jordan (Is he healthy? Will he have to share carries now?) and Henry (Will he get suspended any second?) scare me. If Jordan is healthy & the clear #1 starter and Henry beats the charges, then I probably screw myself out of a playoff spot. Any input is greatly appreciated. And if you leave a link, I try to help you with yours.

Thanks

Pretty standard scoring league, 10 teams-two divisions of 5. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE & 1 D/ST. Guy I'm looking to trade with is in my division, same record, right below me. I was thinking of offering:

My Roster:

QB-Kitna, Warner

TE-Heap, Owen Daniels

PK-Gostkowski

D/ST-Eagles, Titans

His Roster:

QB-Rivers, Harrington

TE-Gonzalez, Crumpler

K-Kaeding

D/ST-Chargers, 49ers

Obviously, the trade would give me two #1 RBs, but I'd lose depth. Which means if either guy went down, I'd be forced to start Kevin Jones or Betts. The great unknowns of Jordan (Is he healthy? Will he have to share carries now?) and Henry (Will he get suspended any second?) scare me. If Jordan is healthy & the clear #1 starter and Henry beats the charges, then I probably screw myself out of a playoff spot. Any input is greatly appreciated. And if you leave a link, I try to help you with yours.

Thanks

I like it, if you can get it. Addai is super, just have to watch his health and I think Keith's production might mean a few less touches for Addai and more for Keith to keep Addai healthy. Also, Addai might sit later in the year if the Colts wrap things up early.

However, Jordan's back is a question mark and then Henry/Young situation could get messy. Who knows, Portis keeps getting dinged, he might go down and Betts might finally be worthwhile.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=294605

Edit: Thanks for mine.

I would consider it, although you might not be gaining all that much from the trade. Addai would be great (if he mends quickly), but I think Portis is doing better than anyone expected, so Betts is slowly becoming a non-issue. (Of course, if history has taught us anything, if the Skins work Portis hard, he'll get injured again toward the second half of the season and Betts wil have to carry the load). As for Henry, if he does get suspended, it probably won't be for another four or five weeks, so you should take that into account.

Bottom line: the trade seems equitable, but you have to consider whether you're benefiting enough from it.

Hope that helps. Now, maybe you can help me out...

My Roster:

QB-Kitna, Warner

TE-Heap, Owen Daniels

PK-Gostkowski

D/ST-Eagles, Titans

His Roster:

QB-Rivers, Harrington

TE-Gonzalez, Crumpler

K-Kaeding

D/ST-Chargers, 49ers

Thanks

If Henry gets suspended it is an awesome trade for you, if he doesn't you will be regreting it, seeing it is going to make you thin with two RB's coming off injuries westbrook and addai.

Risk if worth the reward. Addai = Fantasy stud

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=294617

I'd go ahead and put that offer in. You will be a stronger team unless, like you said, Westy or Addai goes down again. Also, it might be tough to move three guys all with ?'s surrounding their status, though. Good luck and thanks for mine!

It certainly won't hurt to make the offer. I don't think I would accept it though, so you may have to sweeten the pot a bit.

Thanks for mine